HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 9:51 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndresAndujar View Post
Now that I'm getting into this, I think I should have come up with a cool screen name. Opportunity missed!
Geez, Andres... We are really glad you didn't come up with a more clever name.

We had a hard enough time trying to convince people around here that you were really you - and that was with your actual name as your screen name!!!

(Or could it be that the imposter pretending to be Andres Andujar is simply pulling an elaborate joke - all of which will be revealed on Juneteenth!?!?!?)

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 3:32 AM

I enjoyed the exchange!

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Oh, ok. Cool. I have it listed also. Between Austin and San Antonio and it's hard to keep up with everything.
Here is the information on the west side Staybridge
http://recenter.tamu.edu/mnews/mnsea...?AID=19&TID=13
Staying at the bridge - 3/20/2007
(San Antonio: Hotel)
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) announced that San Antonio can expect nearly 500 additional guest suites by early 2009. With the addition of four Staybridge Suites hotels, the hotel chain will triple its presence in San Antonio. There will be four Staybridge Suites developments in San Antonio. ...The Staybridge Suites at Commerce St. and North Pecos is a $15 million, ten-story hotel in Cattleman Square in downtown San Antonio with 120 suites. The property is expected to open early 2009 and will bring 30 new employment opportunities....

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 9:25 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

That is a lot of residential space to be adding in one area. I notice the ground-floor retail is heavy, especially on Broadway.

I like it overall, though. A lot of 6-10 story buildings, with a few taller ones showing up sporadically. I imagine that there will be a few more high-rises as long as The Broadway sells briskly.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakyle04 View Post
Geez, Andres... We are really glad you didn't come up with a more clever name.

We had a hard enough time trying to convince people around here that you were really you - and that was with your actual name as your screen name!!!

(Or could it be that the imposter pretending to be Andres Andujar is simply pulling an elaborate joke - all of which will be revealed on Juneteenth!?!?!?)
kyle's more than right... so don't go changing on us anytime soon!

also... having a long post from you is ok! it's nice to hear from someone who is right in the middle of it all! you know the info, so don't ever worry about posting a long post. Hell, i do it all the time, but i also have ADD/ADHD so it's hard for me to stop! hehe. thanks andres!!!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 4:59 AM

196 acres (a "neighobrhood is 140 acres). 5,600 residential units, 12,000 people in 10-15 years. The City formed TIRZ #27 - River North District on December 14, 2006. The increment captured in 2006 due to this move is at 28% of the aproximate $120 million valuation. Fabulous news! Of course the River improvements started a few weeks ago, and there are six to eight projects in motion in the area in excess of $150 million, with plans to finish when the River is complete within two years. More than double valuation!

The financial plan shows that the area will be valued at close to $1.4 billion at sunset in 25 years. That is 12X present value!

This is the area that pioneers will move to and end up with substantial valuation increase. Young professionals, married or single, typically childless, and empty nesters will comprise the first wave.

PKF's housing study supports 3,400 units in the next few years.

The Downtown Alliance formed a Community Development Corporation thorugh which a national level master planner has been selected from a pool of nine contenders. Moules & Polyzoides will start after contract negotiations and complete the River North master plan before end of year.

Frankly, i want to live here.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 5:14 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Andres, can you share any information you may have on those six to eight projects? River North as well as East Town are two areas I'd love to work on in terms of developments.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2007, 5:45 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Someone should start a site detailing River North.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2007, 3:26 AM

101 Ninth Street hotel and condos - on the River. Sterted design.

Villaje del Rio, to be renamed. This is the project that was stopped in construction, bankrupt, and purchased by a new group. Currently under redesign.

San Antonio Housing Authority on Brooklyn at the River. Market rate with workforce housing. Two years out.

Others unnanounced.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio