HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 16, 2020, 7:35 PM
-

St Vincent Hotel:

Old Posted Apr 16, 2020, 8:33 PM
-

Old Posted Apr 17, 2020, 3:16 PM
-

Drive Shack:

Old Posted Apr 17, 2020, 3:27 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Tulanes going to be redoing the facace and rooftop of the old Tidewater Building on Canal. will be much improved I think!

Rome Office is adding to the New Orleans’ skyline #wip — with Brian Rome, Melissa Bauld Rome and Gustavo Rodas.

Here's hoping I get invited to an alumni event in this space one day...

However, WWOZ has their antenna up here. Hopefully they have plans to relocate to a taller building? Always sad when I'm driving up 55 and their signal fades around Hammond...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2020, 3:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Here's hoping I get invited to an alumni event in this space one day...

However, WWOZ has their antenna up here. Hopefully they have plans to relocate to a taller building? Always sad when I'm driving up 55 and their signal fades around Hammond...
Would be nice if they could put an antenna back on the plaza tower.. thats a much taller building too so would help their signal go further

Old Posted Apr 19, 2020, 3:05 PM
-

31 McAlister Dr·New Construction · Ref Code:L1T2Y8
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Architects Edr
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
4/17/2020
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of a 7 story residence hall building with mixed use ground floor program.

djsnola
2700 Louisa St·New Construction · Ref Code:42MUDR
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Hero George
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
4/17/2020
Closed:
No
Description:
Desire-Florida Multi-Service Center. A City of New Orleans owned public neighborhood community center.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2020, 6:15 PM
-

New Orleans Charter Science & Mathematics High School Progress

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 12:20 AM

Link to Convention Center Development District master plan proposals

https://mccno.us1.list-manage.com/tr...2&e=c8e54a656d

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 12:59 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticnola View Post

Lots to read up on.. glad they are releasing these now so we can use the extra time to really evaluate them.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticnola View Post

So looking at each proposal and going off looks only I love the RNDI proposal, I like the idea of having high rises along the river. I also like the WLC Muse proposal as well for the same reason, I like high rises. I would go for the RNDI proposal personally. I also like the idea that city will grow its skyline into the modern age new modern high rises from the boring ones we have in downtown Currently

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 1:05 AM
-

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 9:58 AM

I love RDNI’s proposal by far my favorite!! Has high rise aspects beautiful civil rights museum and to top it off a corporate tech office tower 750,000 square feet ������. Domain comes in at second for me another beautiful plan only thing it’s missing is the high rise aspect and a more aggressive corporate approach that RDNI seems to want to take and seem to be very confident in obtaining a few major tech companies to the city with their proposal.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
I love RDNI’s proposal by far my favorite!! Has high rise aspects beautiful civil rights museum and to top it off a corporate tech office tower 750,000 square feet ������. Domain comes in at second for me another beautiful plan only thing it’s missing is the high rise aspect and a more aggressive corporate approach that RDNI seems to want to take and seem to be very confident in obtaining a few major tech companies to the city with their proposal.
I love that RDNI is using the Wharf in DC as a model. That is a great development and a future for the District.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 3:21 PM
-

Ill say overall the three companies submitted great plans. Much better quality than what we saw before with previous plans from the trade district. Well done by the convention center to break the project up into two partnerships.

For me there are awesome ideas from every proposal that I would love to see make it into the final plan.

Also, hope the NOBC takes note of the proposals here and how to market the piaza di italia site. I know thats not as big as this but the proposals for that FP were horrible overall and I see why they scrapped it.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 8:05 PM
NOLA Razorback

Convention neighborhood

I think the Battersea Power Station redevelopment in London would be a good project to look at for incorporating the power plant into the project. All these designs looks good! I like the last ones usage of the riverfront, I really hope thats a prominent part in whatever gets selected.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 9:01 PM

Great proposals by all three groups. I'm really leaning toward the RDNI and Domain proposals at this point. I also really like the aggressive nature of the RDNI proposal in snagging a significant tech presence for this neighborhood. However, the Domain proposal feels like a more cohesive experience.

Will be interesting to see how this proceeds given the current economic situation, but hopefully we will see dirt turned in the next couple of years.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 9:59 PM
TL;DR

I think the Domain proposal is my favorite, but I definitely don't love everything about it. It has the best, most well-defined plans for streets and park/plaza space which will be important in making this a pedestrian friendly area. If the streets and sidewalks are basic and boring, people will just drive in and drive out of this area and won't stroll around. I also like the plans for an Alamo Drafthouse theater.

Not sure I love the LiveNation venue, though. 100% this area should include music venues, I'd love see an upriver version of Frenchmen St vibe but they should be smaller scale and run by local operators. It's not like we don't have lots of enterprising locals who understand the music business.... LiveNation had to back out of Lincoln Yards in Chicago after a nearby club owner gave them hell.

And I would like to see taller buildings here, at this point I think this is the only part of the city outside of CBD/Warehouse District where I might ever see new highrises in my lifetime (the rest of the city being either too economically depressed or too NIMBY). Shame to set a precedent by filling with lowrise buildings.

Lastly I think the streetcar extension is important, right now the Riverfront streetcar is kind of a waste of space and needs something at the end, or RTA should just stop running it. Any proposal should include a dedicated source of funding to build this, not just a vague line on a map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Also, hope the NOBC takes note of the proposals here and how to market the piaza di italia site. I know thats not as big as this but the proposals for that FP were horrible overall and I see why they scrapped it.
Or the French Market with their parking lots on Elysian Fields...

Slightly tougher over there though, when the Marigny folks will scream bloody murder for anything taller than 3 stories.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 1:01 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post

Slightly tougher over there though, when the Marigny folks will scream bloody murder for anything taller than 3 stories.
Smartly the city already upzoned it during the CZO

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 1:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Great proposals by all three groups. I'm really leaning toward the RDNI and Domain proposals at this point. I also really like the aggressive nature of the RDNI proposal in snagging a significant tech presence for this neighborhood. However, the Domain proposal feels like a more cohesive experience.

Will be interesting to see how this proceeds given the current economic situation, but hopefully we will see dirt turned in the next couple of years.
The authority believes the current situation makes the development all the more pressing and I agree!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2020, 2:15 PM
-

Domain Proposal:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations