HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 9:33 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
So yeah, woke up this morning with my ears still ringing from the U2 concert last night, and the show was just mind blowing and amazing!! Now I know why these guys rocked it hard since the late 80's!

Mind you, this was my first U2 concert. I'm so glad I was able to go!
The concert was awesome!

I went to the Popmart tour back in 1997, and that was also amazing. U2 never disappoints. Fantastic show!

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Or that certain subset of GenX and Y'ers when you mention Cobain.
My mom was never a big fan of Nirvana, she preferred Soundgarden and didn't like how Nirvana overshadowed Soundgarden so much. There were arguments about it when I was little.

I just made a lot of people feel very old. Nirvana released their first single a few months after I was born.

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 10:24 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I just made a lot of people feel very old.
Not me, but thanks for trying!

Rush fans have to be pretty devoted - not a lot of females in the group! (of fans)

Last edited by Riverman; May 30, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 3:52 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
My mom was never a big fan of Nirvana, she preferred Soundgarden and didn't like how Nirvana overshadowed Soundgarden so much. There were arguments about it when I was little.

I just made a lot of people feel very old. Nirvana released their first single a few months after I was born.
Jesus. I read the first line "my mom was never a big fan of Nirvana" and I was thinking "no shit, she was in her 40s dude". Then yes, you did make me feel old.

Unless your mom was very young when you were born (like high school), she was likely just a tiny bit too old for the Nirvana crowd anyway. Soundgarden definitely ruled the roost in the late 80s as far as that scene goes and I totally agree with her. Unfortunately, due to Nirvana and then Pearl Jam pussing up grunge, Soundgarden shortly thereafter turned wimpy themselves and started releasing ballads. Black Hole Sun is one of the whiniest chick songs ever written. I swear to god the lyrics actually say "Black Hole Sun, buy my album, all you 14 year old girrrrrrls".

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 6:17 PM
I am a typical

She was in her early 20s at the time. She was 20 when I was born, which isn't very young compared to most people in my family.

She's in her 40s now.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 6:25 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
She was in her early 20s at the time. She was 20 when I was born, which isn't very young compared to most people in my family.

She's in her 40s now.
Yeah, like I figured... she was a few years older than the Nirvana demographic, so not surprising that she wasn't into them. These days age categories for music are much more blurry, but back in the day it was amazing at how an age difference of as little as 3 years could have people listening to entirely different bands.

Re-reading this, I'm starting to come across as maybe a little creepy so I'll stop stalking your mom now.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 7:35 PM
Here and There

One of my moms favourite CD's in nirvana unplugged. She is also really into the new stuff Robert Plant is doing. Good road trip stuff.

anyway..............lol

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 8:03 PM

Last edited by Larch; Apr 28, 2022 at 6:20 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan