HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
There are productive ways to disagree with people, and there are unproductive ways. You often choose the latter.

If your point is to point out that you're able to offend people, then mission accomplished. If your point is to get people to begin to rethink things, then your mission is a dismal failure.

I'm not a boomer and personally, I really don't care what you think of me, but your generally unproductive attitude on here makes me start from a position of dismissal of your opinions. That probably means that posting on here as you currently do isn't the most productive use of your time.
Spare me the lecture. You are welcome to put me on ignore if you don't think I'm adding anything to the pseudo-public spear. I stand by my posts, which have my real name attached them, which brings far more integrity than most of the posters here with anonymous handles like you.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
The two biggest complaints City Hall recieves are: my taxes are too high and I want more services.

You cannot win.
Which is why we need better leaders with an actual vision to bring those two demands together: better value for our tax dollars. It would be interesting if Erin Weir got into municipal politics. He has a real passion for this city and the workers here and has presented many interesting ideas during his time in Parliament. His personality, as awkward as it is, would be a step up from our current mayor, as well.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Which is why we need better leaders with an actual vision to bring those two demands together: better value for our tax dollars. It would be interesting if Erin Weir got into municipal politics. He has a real passion for this city and the workers here and has presented many interesting ideas during his time in Parliament. His personality, as awkward as it is, would be a step up from our current mayor, as well.
...except that he looks like Donny Osmond.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 4:12 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
And Fougere looks like Lurch

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
Bahahaha OMG he does.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
The two biggest complaints City Hall recieves are: my taxes are too high and I want more services.

You cannot win.
Which is why we need to curb suburban expansion. Many more kilometres of infrastructure (sewers, roads, etc) and the maintenance of them. Not to mention police and fire having further distances to travel. I could go on, but we are all aware of the negative aspects of the city's expanding footprint.

There are a lot of intelligent people in the Regina and area that post in here, with good ideas and constructive criticism. Why don't some of you consider running for City Council or better yet, Mayor, in the next civic election?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Which is why we need to curb suburban expansion. Many more kilometres of infrastructure (sewers, roads, etc) and the maintenance of them. Not to mention police and fire having further distances to travel. I could go on, but we are all aware of the negative aspects of the city's expanding footprint.

There are a lot of intelligent people in the Regina and area that post in here, with good ideas and constructive criticism. Why don't some of you consider running for City Council or better yet, Mayor, in the next civic election?
Because getting paid for a high pressure full time gig at $45k a year is a joke.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2019, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Spare me the lecture. You are welcome to put me on ignore if you don't think I'm adding anything to the pseudo-public spear. I stand by my posts, which have my real name attached them, which brings far more integrity than most of the posters here with anonymous handles like you.
You have a nice day too!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Which is why we need better leaders with an actual vision to bring those two demands together: better value for our tax dollars.
Quote:
I really hope someone can step up and challenge Fougre in the next municipal election. Regina could do much better than that wet rag.
So why not step up to the plate and run?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 5:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_boy View Post
And the winner of the dumbest and most illogical thing I've read on the internet today is...

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 7:36 PM

Quote:
And the winner of the dumbest and most illogical thing I've read on the internet today is...
Oh wow, very compelling argument. So I guess instead of doing anything about it, you'll just continue to complain and pretend their planning is wrong because it benefits suburbanites and not the core.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 9:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Oh wow, very compelling argument. So I guess instead of doing anything about it, you'll just continue to complain and pretend their planning is wrong because it benefits suburbanites and not the core.
In what world is the only answer to a disagreement with a public figure is running against that person? This is a message board for both complaining and presenting ideas related to urban development and construction. I do a combination of both and not always at the same time. Feel free to go through my 1500 posts on here made in the past 14 years to see for yourself. Your inaugural post on here, however, is probably the most useless first posts anyone has ever made. You might want to create a new account and start over again.

Last edited by djforsberg; Dec 16, 2019 at 9:39 PM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 9:44 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
2 posts in, you’ve probably figured out why.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 10:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
2 posts in, you’ve probably figured out why.
People don't want honest politicians. They want salespeople and appeasers. I'm happy with making enemies as long as I feel like I'm staying true to my values. This is a message board with very-specific topics, and hence a hive mind. So this isn't much different than Facebook in terms of quality of discussion. No one should expect otherwise.

That being said, not sure why I specifically am getting singled out here for doing something everyone does. I guess the OK Boomer stuff triggered some with here with bones as fragile as their egos?

Anyways, abberant already said it himself: "never once was less traffic, urban renewal, urban planning, or creating a more walkable city mentioned as a possible solution." Those are things I expect our mayor to care about and hence my response addressing that. We can discuss these further but this is a thread about the Regina Bypass.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
People don't want honest politicians. They want salespeople and appeasers. I'm happy with making enemies as long as I feel like I'm staying true to my values. This is a message board with very-specific topics, and hence a hive mind. So this isn't much different than Facebook in terms of quality of discussion. No one should expect otherwise.

That being said, not sure why I specifically am getting singled out here for doing something everyone does. I guess the OK Boomer stuff triggered some with here with bones as fragile as their egos?

Anyways, abberant already said it himself: "never once was less traffic, urban renewal, urban planning, or creating a more walkable city mentioned as a possible solution." Those are things I expect our mayor to care about and hence my response addressing that. We can discuss these further but this is a thread about the Regina Bypass.
The trick is to run for office with the intention of only one term. Scorched earth!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
The trick is to run for office with the intention of only one term. Scorched earth!
The issue is that it's easy to undo a single term's worth of policy. Look at what Kenney is doing in Alberta, rolling back everything the NDP did, including non-controversial things like workplace and farm safety regulations.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
The issue is that it's easy to undo a single term's worth of policy. Look at what Kenney is doing in Alberta, rolling back everything the NDP did, including non-controversial things like workplace and farm safety regulations.
I thought applying safety regs to family farms was hugely controversial?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I thought applying safety regs to family farms was hugely controversial?
It was for the previous PC government and some farm groups. For the vast majority people were not happy that farm workers were not protected by workplace safety legislation, couldn't receive workers compensation, etc. What the government is doing comes across as very mean-spirited and it appears to boil down to saving a small percentage of farm owners a bit of money.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 12:31 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

The interchange at Highway 6 is finally showing up on google maps.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
The interchange at Highway 6 is finally showing up on google maps.
It's not quite right yet, but it's better. There should still be a left turn from southbound highway 6 traffic to join the on-ramp to the bypass westbound. That's currently missing on Google Maps.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan