HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 31, 2009, 10:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skphc08 View Post
The naysayers, especially Archie Teck, rely almost exclusively on speculation and take a worst-case scenario approach.
Not so. I take a reality based approach. Let's not even go where worst-case approach takes this idea.

Quote:
Most of the details of the domed stadium, such as how it will be heated or cooled, are not available yet. How can you criticize unreleased details?
I don't need details like paint color and seat fabric to know that heating and cooling costs for a structure that large will be massive. Nor do I need details to know that the heating and cooling costs for Taylor Field are almost nil. All those costs will be new expenditures against the city budget. Do we turn off the heat at the libraries and schools to make up the cost? Or do we have some volunteers to accept giant tax hikes?

Quote:
More importantly, how can anyone criticize the studying of an issue that has caught provincial and national attention?

Some people criticize the cost of the study (0.28% of the potential estimated cost of the full realization of a domed facility) and others criticize the objectivity of the researchers.

How can you evaluate the objectivity of researchers when they have barely commenced their study?
Easily, when the quote studying unquote is in no way studious, and the researchers (your word) are not actually researchers but stadium salespeople.

We've already learned the misleadingly named feasibility report is going to contain design plans and that key cost drivers have already been set in stone such as location, size, main features, and perhaps the construction company. It will be the order form for a stadium, not a true feasibility study. Clearly the decision is to buy now, and hope that the feasibility works itself out later.

Quote:
So much pre-emptive nonsense from so many narrow-minded individuals.
And I happen to think it's more narrow minded to close one's mind to reality and cast a blind eye on the many and obvious challenges that exist. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Archie Teck; Aug 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan