HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 21, 2008, 9:38 PM
Movin' on up

DIE and newflyer;

your bantering has only proven that both cities have advantages and disadvantages. Based on what I have read from both of you, I think that both cities have niche markets that they could fill. Edmonton = Asia and Winnipeg = Europe + Russia, as Russia has shown great interest in Churchill as a shipping port into NA.

You guys are trying to out-top eachother, but all it ends up being is a dick-measuring contest, and we have enough of that crap around here.

Dave, you are very passionate about this for Edmonton. However, this is the Manitoba section, and support is growing in Winnipeg for this. Winnipeg will be competition for Edmonton, that is a fact. However, only time will tell how both cities fair in the end. I suggest that you start a thread about Edmonton's inland port in the Alberta and post everything there that you did here. I really am not seeing any buzz for this concept in the Alberta section,or hearing much about it in the media, but that is my opinion only. I think you would be a great person to kickstart the enthusiasm for this topic in the Alberta section

In the end, this is great news for Winnipeg and will likely provide a big economic boost to the province. Giver

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan