HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 10:04 AM

Was there a QR A350 at YYC yesterday? Diversion to YYC?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 1:15 PM
Scam Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehehe View Post
Was there a QR A350 at YYC yesterday? Diversion to YYC?
Yeah, medical. On ground for 2 hours.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace.yyc View Post
Takeoff roll would be shorter in the colder air, in fact.
True, I was more getting at the fact that any contamination beyond wet and 7000' wont be enough to get to YYC.

I also don't think a crew could do YYC-YQY and back in a day, which they are for sure planning for the YFC flight. So they would need to start a YYZ flight to rotate crews, or go in at 4x a week. Unfortunately I really don't think YQY will happen.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:13 PM
An Airline Employee @ YYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
I used to work for Air North at YVR, and I remember when Wing Tips did their handling in YYC. Based on your username, I wonder if you ever worked on their flights? Very very interesting to work on from a ground handler POV, lots of uniqueness that separates them from AC and WS. Especially out of YVR, cargo is massive to YXY, and planning and how to load can be tricky because of the wide range of cargo heading up north. They would even load cargo in blocked out seats in the back of the passenger cabin itself, typically not something carriers from YVR would do (ie. AC, WS, or any international carrier). I think YYC and YEG had some cargo, but YVR is their main southern point so gets the most cargo to YXY. Anyways, good memories, I left long before PrimeFlight took over, were they the ones who took over from Wing Tips? Or was there even another handler in between?
Yes, I worked at WingTips with the late Chris Richardson from 2005-2006 and at the time handled the Air North flights. Never had cargo in the cabin from YYC that I ever saw. WingTips eventually merged into Airport Terminal Services after Chris's passing. And from there I think PrimeFlight took over from ATS. Now Executive Flight Centre (EFC) will handle in June.

A Former WingTipper

The opinions stated above are my own and not those of my current employer.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:15 PM
An Airline Employee @ YYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytol View Post
True, I was more getting at the fact that any contamination beyond wet and 7000' wont be enough to get to YYC.

I also don't think a crew could do YYC-YQY and back in a day, which they are for sure planning for the YFC flight. So they would need to start a YYZ flight to rotate crews, or go in at 4x a week. Unfortunately I really don't think YQY will happen.
Not that I am expecting a YYC-YQY route announcement, but:
No reason why the crew couldn't layover in YQY each night...

A Former WingTipper

The opinions stated above are my own and not those of my current employer.

Last edited by FormerWingTipper; Apr 22, 2024 at 5:30 PM.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 6:32 PM

As of today, for the first time since 2019 YYC will have daily flights to Asia.

Speaking of Asia, as expected WS/KE expanded their codeshares with ICN coming in a few weeks. It's mostly the same destinations they already codeshare with via NRT on JL (and those connections are far better). The big exception is that KE has placed its code and selling seats on WS YYC-ICN-YYC, something neither JL or even AF currently does.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 3:08 AM
Scam Artist

I'm really curious to see how many onward pax they'll move at ICN with the absolute dogwater timing of this flight. Hearing there's lots of inbound pax from YEG and interestingly YXE? Loads seem decent.

Old Posted Today, 10:39 AM

By the way AC reverted YWG back to a single daily A320 for this summer and cut the CR9 frequency. Maybe one day we can get a tiny bit of AC love again lol

Old Posted Today, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehehe View Post
By the way AC reverted YWG back to a single daily A320 for this summer and cut the CR9 frequency. Maybe one day we can get a tiny bit of AC love again lol
Which isn't a big deal IMO. YWG is well serviced for Calgary by WS with a million flights a day and with 5 weekly seasonal flights on Flair. One flight a day on AC is enough for our market.

In terms of YWG, I would rather have our AC YEG flight back than additional YYC flights, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to non-existant because......well...... it's AC.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure