HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 4:09 PM

Regina Railyard Renewal Project

Based on comments on the RRI social media sites, this is likely to generate lots of discussion. I thought it was worthy of its own thread. Hopefully the City will actually post the concepts online rather than relying on the narrow outreach resulting from a townhall. I can already predict that they will be hearing almost exclusively from special interests and "activists" and not ordinary citizens.

By activists I mean citizens who want to spend hundreds of millions of dollars of other people's money on their pie in the sky pet projects that make no economic sense.

From RRI:

Quote:
In December, hundreds of Reginans shared their vision for what should become of the Railyard site on Dewdney Avenue.

Ideas are now taking shape for a dynamic, mixed-use area that will complement both Downtown and the Warehouse District.

We want to know what you think.

On May 16, residents are invited to review three redevelopment concepts for the 17-acre site and share their thoughts. Everyone welcome. The event will be held in Salon 2 at Evraz Place.

The Open House will include a background presentation, facilitated discussion, interactive information boards, participant workbooks and a chance to engage with the project team.

For more information, visit ReginaRevitalization.ca

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan