HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 12:49 PM

Biggest problem with I have with Canadian Tire (or most big box stores) is finding floor staff to get what I want down off the sky shelf as they don't like customers using the rolling stock ladders to do it themselves.

Story about looking for Canadian Tire Floor Associates (parody story)

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Wait this is what's happening?!
Stitches is 100% confirmed to be taking over the Forever 21 space in CF Polo Park. Not long after F21 vacated Stitches was holding a hiring fair in the basically untouched F21 space. I think the level of renovations they are planning to to remove the F21 trademarks and lightly retouch as needed then open the doors.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Stitches is 100% confirmed to be taking over the Forever 21 space in CF Polo Park. Not long after F21 vacated Stitches was holding a hiring fair in the basically untouched F21 space. I think the level of renovations they are planning to to remove the F21 trademarks and lightly retouch as needed then open the doors.
Are they just moving the Urban Planet or are they going to have both massive stores that are exactly the same?

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 4:02 AM

Coles at cityplace is permanently closing. They were one of the original tenants of the building since 1979. "Due to a variety of business factors, we will not be renewing our lease for this location" from an Instagram post

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 4:09 PM

Sucks, but really impressive they lasted this long.

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Are they just moving the Urban Planet or are they going to have both massive stores that are exactly the same?
Considering they had a massive hiring fair going on pre-pandemic and that the location was announced as "Stitches" pretty sure they are not relocating Urban Planet. I do sort of wonder what the lease deal looks like. If I were CF I would give them a sweetheart of a deal on rent but make it a short term renewable lease. That would also explain the desire to do as minimal renovations as possible. ie get something in the space rather than having it sit dark while a new tenant search is conducted.

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:18 PM

Yeah makes sense. I can't see them operating them both for long, they're legit the same store. When they opened the new Urban Planet at Polo Park after McNally closed, they literally just changed the sign at Portage Place to say Stitches Mega Warehouse lol.

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 9:15 PM

To further pile on my shitty Canadian Tire experience. We placed an online order for pickup in store. We did this because the item was in stock on the website at a particular location and we couldn't make it there for a couple days due to scheduling. So we did the online order in hopes they would pick the order and have our item reserved. It was a child bike helmet. 7 days later, just now, I got an email my order is cancelled. Well no bloody way. Who would've guessed waiting 7 days to pick an order it would be out of stock. I just kept waiting after the 2 days to see if it would actually come through, knowing it probably went out of stock as their online service is junk.

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 11:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
To further pile on my shitty Canadian Tire experience. We placed an online order for pickup in store. We did this because the item was in stock on the website at a particular location and we couldn't make it there for a couple days due to scheduling. So we did the online order in hopes they would pick the order and have our item reserved. It was a child bike helmet. 7 days later, just now, I got an email my order is cancelled. Well no bloody way. Who would've guessed waiting 7 days to pick an order it would be out of stock. I just kept waiting after the 2 days to see if it would actually come through, knowing it probably went out of stock as their online service is junk.
Had a similar bad Crappy Tire experience this week, go to buy brake pads and rotors for my vehicle, hit the local Crappy Tire, items on sale so everything out of stock except front brake pads, clerk tells me the next closest location has everything in stock and prints out what I need, hit that other a crappy tire The next morning and get the other brake pads and two rotors of course the back rotors not in stock. Guy at second a crappy Tire Now tells me Front rotors now in stock at first Canadian Tire, head there and of course not in stock, show guy receipts of what I bought at second Canadian Tire and he tells me brake pads and rotors not the right ones, now need to return rear brake pads and rear rotors, what a shit show....

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Wait so you reserved something for in store pickup and didn’t go for 7 days and are upset they sold your item? I would never wait that long if it was my business.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 6:57 PM

I made an online order. Item was in stock at the store. You have to wait for them to respond to you, that your order was picked, before going to the store to pick up. It took them 7 days to process my order and let me know they were out of stock.

Like I said I couldve just gone to the store and got the item myself. But we had a bunch of stuff going on so tried the online thing. After a couple days of not hearing back, I kind of figured the order would be cancelled. Seeing as it took them 7 days, like no one at the store checked that there was an order waiting, I probably wouldnt order from there again.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 3:42 PM

Thyme Maternity (St Vital Centre) and Addition Elle (Polo Festival next to Chapters and Kennaston Common) announced they will permanently be closing. Both are part of the Reitmans family of brands. Not really a surprise on this either as this had been coming for quite some time, especially as Addition Elle has already started the wind down processes before the pandemic really hit.

In terms of Thyme, with its somewhat niche market it will likely transition to a couple of racks in Reitmans locations with an expanded offering available online.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 3:57 PM

The maternity market is an odd thing. People have babies literally all the time. But there is barely any stores with real selection.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 4:30 PM

Quote:
The maternity market is an odd thing. People have babies literally all the time. But there is barely any stores with real selection.
In Winnipeg, there is likely only around 9 to 10 thousand women pregnant at any given moment given our current birth statistics. That low number, combined with the garage-sale/kijiji/family hand-me-down markets and online shopping probably means that the demand for a store dedicated entirely to new maternity clothes is small, especially since maternity clothes are no longer needed once the mother is done having children. Very niche market, IMO.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 5:20 PM

Yes for sure. When my wife was pregnant last year, it was hard to find anything beyond those stores. Seems to be based on seasonal as well. We went to many clothing stores, Superstore, Wal-mart, etc. And they either had nothing or very limited selection As in 2 racks with one pair of pants and one shirt.

Is what it is I guess. The best place we found was the maternity store at Polo on the old arena site. Can't remember the name.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Thyme Maternity (St Vital Centre) and Addition Elle (Polo Festival next to Chapters and Kennaston Common) announced they will permanently be closing. Both are part of the Reitmans family of brands. Not really a surprise on this either as this had been coming for quite some time, especially as Addition Elle has already started the wind down processes before the pandemic really hit.
Another one bites the dust at Kenaston Common. A bit like downtown in that when stores leave there, they don't get replaced with new stores.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 6:27 PM

City Place has changed property management companies as of June 1.

Triovest is out and McCor Management is now running the building. I wonder if they will have more luck renting out the vacant retail spaces than Triovest did?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Another one bites the dust at Kenaston Common. A bit like downtown in that when stores leave there, they don't get replaced with new stores.
HomeSense just needs to finally get lured to the Seasons area and then that failed corner can finally be put out of its misery.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 9:27 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
City Place has changed property management companies as of June 1.

Triovest is out and McCor Management is now running the building. I wonder if they will have more luck renting out the vacant retail spaces than Triovest did?
http://mccor.ca/

Website says that McCor also manages 330 Portage (former Bank of Montreal, former NewPort Centre) and the Paris bldg.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
HomeSense just needs to finally get lured to the Seasons area and then that failed corner can finally be put out of its misery.
You aren't kidding. That section is... weathered.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan