HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 11:36 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

I’ll just wait for him to get sued out of business, or busted for some kind of financial fraud.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Art is obviously subjective and I don't find it to be such a polarizing piece but let's be honest - that tower will go down as being one of the absolutely worst designed, out of place, pieces of trash in our skyline (second to Spire). I can't get over how terribly cheap and unfinished it looks, how horribly wasteful it is in terms of utilizing the lot it's on, and how we will basically never have towers around it tall enough to cover it up. Related Group needs to stay far away.

Icon Buckhead will likely look like a giant stucco turd as well.
Ouch!
I was just going to say that the massive blank walls on the building should never have been allowed in the first place. Also both Icons were designed locally so I don't necessarily blame Related.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 3:54 AM

A few updates - Castleberry Hill & O4W

I've been meaning to share these pics for a while. Updates on some of my favorite projects around town.

Norfolk Southern Building - Residential conversion project of the historic building is well underway now as seen here in early November 2018

Right down the block is the Railside Residential Development of 115 luxury apartment units and condos on Peters Street in Castleberry Hill. This development looks great and the developers have committed to keeping the historic facade of the neighborhood, while increasing the density significantly.

Rendering courtesy of enfoldproperties.com

As of late-October 2018

As of December 22, 2018

Last but not least, in O4W, there's this sizeable lot being developed currently. It's next to the Extra Space storage on Airline. View is from the Edgewood Ave bridge. Anyone know what development this is?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historic View Post

Last but not least, in O4W, there's this sizeable lot being developed currently. It's next to the Extra Space storage on Airline. View is from the Edgewood Ave bridge. Anyone know what development this is?
Nice Update! I love this scale of infill and of course the adaptive reuse.

The project in question is Airline O4W condos.

https://airlineo4w.com/

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
30 M's in a one time fee vs their daily money minting factory? They would be absolute fools to ever sell. It's also impossible to get a license to operate a strip club near residential as one has not be issued since 1984 (per an AJC article I read). The Cheetah operates directly next to several residential buildings because it is grandfathered. There is not a single strip club inside Midtown proper besides it.

We've got enough student housing and Novariation styled buildings serving the same old product all over the area. The product it offers is in high demand, has brought Atlanta international recognition, and Midtown and the COA would be for worse without it.

Thank you! If it wasn't for places like Cheetah, Midtown wouldn't be half of what its supposedly is now.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Nice Update! I love this scale of infill and of course the adaptive reuse.

The project in question is Airline O4W condos.

https://airlineo4w.com/

Thank you! I didn't know about these condos. However, I did some sleuthing because I don't think the lot for the Airline condo project is as large as the lot(s) in my picture. I think it may be two separate projects that are kicking off concurrently.

I think it may be this unnamed project discovered back in October. Does anybody have more information on this?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 9:50 PM

Castleberry Hill - More Updates

Took some more pictures of construction around the neighborhood this morning and wanted to share them.

131 Walker Street - Unnamed Food Hall/Retail Mixed-Use has been well underway in construction for about a year now. I wish they could have finished before the Super Bowl, but I this will be a very nice addition to the neighborhood. It will be a very popular destination once done, assuming they have a good selection of local food merchants.

Loopnet Link with more information: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/131-...a-GA/11038071/

Google Street View - March 2017

Rendering

As of December 23rd, 2018
Looks like they have added a rooftop patio space, nice!

Notice that they cut down a bunch of trees. The developer has informed us that they will plant new trees to replace the ones cut down.

"Hardrock" Reverb Hotel/Castleberry Park Mixed-Use is now very well underway. This took FOREVER to start due to financing issues. So the developers scaled the project way down, and unfortunately the new renderings are truly a let-down compared to the original. See below.

Original Proposal Rendering

Final Proposal Rendering

As of December 23rd, 2018
Vertical construction has started on the hotel portion of the project.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I didn't know about these condos. However, I did some sleuthing because I don't think the lot for the Airline condo project is as large as the lot(s) in my picture. I think it may be two separate projects that are kicking off concurrently.

I think it may be this unnamed project discovered back in October. Does anybody have more information on this?
Yeah that’s definitely the Edgewood Ave apartments project.

https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...er-17-2018.pdf

Last edited by Street Advocate; Dec 23, 2018 at 11:48 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 11:15 PM

Took a walk around Atlanta today. Some notable items: they are moving along on the Whole Foods in midtown. The lighting and escalators are in. They say it will open in spring.

They are pouring the foundations for the parking garage next to Home Depot backyard.

The north side bridge next to the vine city stadium looks good.

Centennial park looks great. I think it will be done before the Super Bowl. The rings sculpture near the American cancer society building looks great. Despite midtown and the rest of Atlanta being completely dead on Sunday, there were a fair amount of tourists touring the park.

Atlanta dairies looks to be almost complete- at least the first phase.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2018, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Yes. They are 2 phases by the same developer. The may be doing site prep on the entire property but only the Airline project is cleared for construction at the moment. From the photo, it looks like they may be doing some sewer work.

Edit: after looking at the photo again, it looks like they're just using the Edgewood site for staging.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 7:05 PM

Alexan 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
It looks pretty similar the high-rise portion of the Nine15 Midtown apartments.

Anyone heard the latest on when across the street from Nine15 Midtown, Alexan 880 at West Peachtree & 7th/8th opens for business - or who the retail tenants are likely to be?

https://www.apartments.com/alexan-88...ta-ga/gth1z3x/

Thanks, everyone

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 7:07 PM

No posts since Christmas Eve?

Either development has come to a standstill or Atlanta posters are having too much fun.

Happy New Years, peeps!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
No posts since Christmas Eve?

Either development has come to a standstill or Atlanta posters are having too much fun.

Happy New Years, peeps!
There’s a lot of great infill going on throughout the city and many projects that are just wrapping up or recently broke ground/ still on the parking deck. Those that recently broke ground or still on the parking decks aren’t as interesting to capture. I also don’t think many of us live near a lot of the infill, otherwise I’d expect more photos. Piedmont hospital is one that I’d like to see more photos of- it’s a solid looking project with making an impact on the skyline from a handful of neighborhoods and at a decent height right now.

Here’s a few under construction:
North & Line
725 Ponce
Ascent Midtown
14th st hotel
Alexan Midtown
Lennar Midtown (topped out, btw https://www.instagram.com/p/Br_Pk31H...=15awyydjgpx4n)
Hanover Peachtree
CODA
the Sutton
Modera Buckhead
764 Memorial Condos
a handful of developments along memorial drive I don’t know the name of
private dorms downtown near GSU
Old Norfolk Southern HQ redevelopment
Hard Rock
Star Metals both the apartments and office buildings
Osprey
8 West
788 West Midtown
Generations Atlanta residential and hotel buildings
Novel O4W
Anthem IT
J&5
Airline St Condos
The Mark
The Irby
GSU apartments
Atlanta Dairies
Camden Phase 2
Lennar Buckhead
Mill Creek’s Modera Prominence
Modera Reynoldstown

In general I think the forum is waiting for some of the larger projects to move forward. 1105 west Peachtree looks to be the first of the lot. Cousins 8th & West in midtown, New City’s GA Power parcel in O4W, Midtown Union, the Gulch, Brock Built’s English Ave development, the proposal to the west of knight park /Howell station between that and Bellwood quarry, and even Quarry Yards are the heavy hitters I am personally keeping an eye out for. Also, I’d like to see the southside trail and some of the dedicated lane transit begin construction.

Last edited by Street Advocate; Dec 30, 2018 at 3:10 AM.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 12:10 AM

Piedmont Hospital Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
There’s a lot of great infill going on throughout the city and many projects that are just wrapping up or recently broke ground/ still on the parking deck. Those that recently broke ground or still on the parking decks aren’t as interesting to capture. I also don’t think many of us live near a lot of the infill, otherwise I’d expect more photos. Piedmont hospital is one that I’d like to see more photos of- it’s a solid looking project with making an impact on the skyline from a handful of neighborhoods and at a decent height right now.

North & Line
725 Ponce
Ascent Midtown
14th st hotel
Alexan Midtown
Lennar Midtown (topped out, btw https://www.instagram.com/p/Br_Pk31H...=15awyydjgpx4n)
Hanover Peachtree
CODA
the Sutton
Modera Buckhead
764 Memorial Condos
Hard Rock
Osprey
8 West
788 West Midtown
Novel O4W
Anthem IT
J&5
Airline St Condos
The Mark
The Irby
GSU apartments
Atlanta Dairies
Camden Phase 2
Lennar Buckhead
Modera Reynoldstown

In general I think the forum is waiting for some of the larger projects to move forward. 1105 west Peachtree looks to be the first of the lot. Cousins 8th & West in midtown, New City’s GA Power parcel in O4W, Midtown Union, the Gulch, Brock Built’s English Ave development, the proposal to the west of knight park /Howell station between that and Bellwood quarry, and even Quarry Yards are the heavy hitters I am personally keeping an eye out for. Also, I’d like to see the southside trail and some of the dedicated lane transit begin construction.

https://public.workzonecam.com/proje...archiveId=Home

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Anyone heard the latest on when across the street from Nine15 Midtown, Alexan 880 at West Peachtree & 7th/8th opens for business - or who the retail tenants are likely to be?

https://www.apartments.com/alexan-88...ta-ga/gth1z3x/

Thanks, everyone

Saw this web address promoted outside Alexan 880 today.

https://alexanon8thapartments.com/

By the way, a brand new but not revolving sign now at Cheetah facing Southbound Spring St traffic

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post

North & Line
725 Ponce
Ascent Midtown
14th st hotel
Alexan Midtown
Hanover Peachtree
CODA
the Sutton
Modera Buckhead
764 Memorial Condos
Hard Rock
Osprey
8 West
788 West Midtown
Novel O4W
Anthem IT
J&5
Airline St Condos
The Mark
The Irby
GSU apartments
Atlanta Dairies
Camden Phase 2
Lennar Buckhead
Modera Reynoldstown

Good analysis and rundown of current projects

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 8:48 PM

Icon Buckhead is topped out as far as floors. All that's left is the crown. It's rather imposing. Looks like it will only be about 100 feet shorter than the Waldorf Astoria next door.

161 Peachtree Center Avenue filed for it's new multifamily construction permit last month.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 1:21 AM

Theory west midtown
From r/shreyasbkulkani

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 1:54 AM

From r/GP__2

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 3:15 AM

Piedmont hospital from Curbed

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations