HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 12:29 AM

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 2:46 PM

Love these, Orlando. Will 95 State have a curved crown? All the renderings I've seen show a flat top.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 3:25 PM
of SLC

Thanks for taking the time to make these, Orlando. I very much enjoy looking at them.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeshavocado View Post
Love these, Orlando. Will 95 State have a curved crown? All the renderings I've seen show a flat top.
My model might be showing it more curved than it actually is. The city asked them to not make a flat top. So, they curved the top slightly. You can see it in this rendering:

You're welcome guys.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 4:54 PM

Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City - Progress Video 10/2/20
Video Link

Quote:
In this week's progress video you'll see the trades continuing work on the basement slab on grade, installing underground MEP. The concrete columns are continuing their way to the south side of the job and the ramp down into the hole is being removed. The North and South cores are wrapping up the reinforcing needed for the first concrete lift and the last of the hand set formwork is going in. Along the North side of the job, the level 1 decking formwork is going up FAST in preparation for the first deck placement the week of October 12th.
Hensel Phelps Tower Crane Erection
Video Link

Hensel Phelps Tower Crane Erection - Timelapse
Video Link

Quote:
On 10/3 to 10/4, the second tower crane was erected at the Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City Project. This tower crane is the exact same crane as the one already standing, but has a shorter overall jib length to ensure the two can't collide. This crane has an overall height to the cab of around 265', while the other crane is about 40' higher. The mobile crane used was the same unit that erected the first tower crane over 4 months ago.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 5:32 PM
One Thing At A Time

Man. Can’t be afraid of heights for that gig.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 6:59 PM

Nice Orlando.

That corner on 2E and 1S is in dire need of something good on that empty lot. As is stands, that little part of downtown is one of my least favorites. It’s just an empty unengaged part of the street with those wide ass office buildings across the street.

Doesn’t the LDS church plan on building there in the future?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileybo View Post
Nice Orlando.

That corner on 2E and 1S is in dire need of something good on that empty lot. As is stands, that little part of downtown is one of my least favorites. It’s just an empty unengaged part of the street with those wide ass office buildings across the street.

Doesn’t the LDS church plan on building there in the future?
Cowboy Partners was given that corner to do housing on there. I believe it was going to be 8-12 stories tall. But, I forgot why this was put on hold. I assume that CCRI wanted to wait until Boyer got their res. tower going before they start on this & Cascade. So, something could be in the works very soon since Liberty Sky is rising. Anybody know?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 7:47 PM

Interesting, thanks for the info. Something 8 to 12 stories tall would be a waste of space unfortunately. That lot has so much potential.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 8:24 PM

200 East seems to be intentionally planned mostly as a mid-rise corridor. If that's the case, then developers should really take note of State Street's east side. IMO, the most wasted opportunity right now would be continuing to build mid-rises on the east side of State.

I was recently looking at a gallery of photos promoting the sale of the penthouse at 99 west. Those views of the Wasatch are mind blowing. Imagine what the views would be like from sweeping east or especially southeast facing large floor to ceiling windows. If high priced rentals are in high demand and low supply downtown, which they are, then it would be a shame not to line State's east side with high end 40-plus story residential towers. Residential with higher story unobstructed views would command serious returns.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Cowboy Partners was given that corner to do housing on there. I believe it was going to be 8-12 stories tall. But, I forgot why this was put on hold. I assume that CCRI wanted to wait until Boyer got their res. tower going before they start on this & Cascade. So, something could be in the works very soon since Liberty Sky is rising. Anybody know?
The corner was originally going to have a 12 to 15 story apartment building. Plans were put on hold and an agreement of sorts was made between CCR and Boyer. This agreement gave us Liberty Sky and 95 S State.

Because of the increase in apartments, the plans for the 2nd East 1st South (NW) corner have changed a few times.

As I mentioned previously, CCR hasn't yet finalized the overall plan but they have been looking at a 30 to 40 story apartment tower. This was before Kensington Tower was proposed.

It is my understanding that CCR doesn't plan to begin the project until Liberty Sky has been open for at least 1 year or is at 95% occupancy, whichever happens first, if I remember correctly.

Now, the timeline may be shifting as well as the overall size with the planned Kensington Tower, the Utah Theater tower, and a few other taller residential projects coming down the pipeline.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
The corner was originally going to have a 12 to 15 story apartment building. Plans were put on hold and an agreement of sorts was made between CCR and Boyer. This agreement gave us Liberty Sky and 95 S State.

Because of the increase in apartments, the plans for the 2nd East 1st South (NW) corner have changed a few times.

As I mentioned previously, CCR hasn't yet finalized the overall plan but they have been looking at a 30 to 40 story apartment tower. This was before Kensington Tower was proposed.

It is my understanding that CCR doesn't plan to begin the project until Liberty Sky has been open for at least 1 year or is at 95% occupancy, whichever happens first, if I remember correctly.

Now, the timeline may be shifting as well as the overall size with the planned Kensington Tower, the Utah Theater tower, and a few other taller residential projects coming down the pipeline.

This is interesting because it sounds like CCR and PRI are used to a small group of local builders or at least builders familiar with local players and politics which leads to these gentlemen agreements.

Now with national groups coming in and just moving when they see opportunity, the lack of coordination will leave PRI/CCR out if they don't assert themselves.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 9:34 PM

Sorry Orlando, but your drawing showing 95 state make it look like a tombstone!!!! LOL

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
This is interesting because it sounds like CCR and PRI are used to a small group of local builders or at least builders familiar with local players and politics which leads to these gentlemen agreements.

Now with national groups coming in and just moving when they see opportunity, the lack of coordination will leave PRI/CCR out if they don't assert themselves.
I agree.

I am hopeful that they will move on their planned projects quickly. I don't see them breaking a 'Gentleman's Agreement' with Boyer because of them being local and both towers being operated by Cowboy Partners.

I do think there won't be any more agreements due to the national developers coming to town.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 10:34 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
I agree.

I am hopeful that they will move on their planned projects quickly. I don't see them breaking a 'Gentleman's Agreement' with Boyer because of them being local and both towers being operated by Cowboy Partners.

I do think there won't be any more agreements due to the national developers coming to town.
Seems a little like price fixing and collusion to me. Oh well, I'm grateful for the positive development contributions of the church and but I'm also glad their little sandbox is being messed up by people they don't control. Next stop: the legislature.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Seems a little like price fixing and collusion to me. Oh well, I'm grateful for the positive development contributions of the church and but I'm also glad their little sandbox is being messed up by people they don't control. Next stop: the legislature.
Good luck with that. It's pretty much one and the same.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I agree.

There's probably a formal document of some sort. My understanding is that both Boyer and CCRI were trying to get Goldman Sachs, back when 151 state was a proposed office building. CCRI wanted to get Goldman into 111 Main. So, instead of building their other proposed residential buildings, they persuaded Boyer to build a residential tower instead of office so that CCRI could build 111. In return, CCRI would hold off from building their proposed remaining residential for the original City Creek masterplan.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 7:49 AM

3 Projects filing for Commercial Building Permits

There are couple projects that have filed for building permits recently. Some are projects that I must have missed or can't seem to find planning documents for. So, if one of you have renderings or documents that you could link or share for these projects, that would be really great.

1. Greenprint North Temple Micros
837 W North Temple
https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=
Quote:
This project consists of two new, 4 story, micro apartment buildings. These buildings are a type VA construction. The plans reference the buildings are east building and west building. The east building is a zero lot line building and has 30 units within it. The West building has 83 units in it for a grand total of 113 units.

This represents the fourth ongoing Greenprint project, with 'Greenprint Fairpark' just a block west and across the street on North Temple, 'Greenprint Gateway' at the northeast corner of 600 W and 200 S, and 'Ninth Station Greenprint Apartments' at 200 West and approx 930 S.

The same property owner also owns the adjacent parcel. So either that will be part of this project or it may be a future project.

2. 12th East Apartments
1961 S 1200 E
Quote:
Constructing a new, 3 story, 19 unit apartment complex.
The developer owns both parcels shown below, but the southern parcel is the one listed in the filing. So it is possible only that one is being developed.

3. Colony b Micro Apartments
212 W 1300 S
Quote:
This is 5 story, type IIIB construction, micro apartment building. The building consists of 9 one bedroom units and 131 micro units for a total of 140 units. The project is just west of the 1300 S Frontrunner station and about a block south of the Bee's stadium. Each level of the project has a small amenity space located in center of the building.

I believe this was a joint project as part of CW Urban's The Lucy Condos. I have an image from that project that seems to show it in the foreground.

There has also been quite a few large warehouses that have filed recently in NW Quadrant to check out, for those that are interested.

Last edited by Blah_Amazing; Oct 13, 2020 at 8:03 AM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
My model might be showing it more curved than it actually is. The city asked them to not make a flat top. So, they curved the top slightly. You can see it in this rendering:

You're welcome guys.
Actually, I hope it is more curved Orlando. Otherwise, it will pretty much look like another flat top.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 4:12 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Atlas, have you seen Hatman's proposal for Salt Lake Intermodal Hub?
Yes, I actually mentioned it in the comment you quoted!

Now that I think about it, perhaps Hatman should add a 12-story UTA headquarters building to his plan since that aspect seems to be a motivating factor for redeveloping the current central station. The RDA land west of the Rio Grande Depot might be a good location for it.

Have you had any interactions with the city concerning your plan, Hatman? Everybody here and on Reddit seems to love the idea of reviving the Rio Grande and I'd think people at the city would be interested too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West