HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #41  
Old Posted May 2, 2019, 2:01 AM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
again
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: down the street from the taco trailer
Posts: 49,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
There is an article in the Rivard Report today that this project was given the go ahead to begin construction.
That's for the HDRC meeting. I believe the city council still has to approve it. Isn't that right?
__________________
Smoke marijuana, not Americans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #42  
Old Posted May 2, 2019, 3:16 PM
Montirob Montirob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
That's for the HDRC meeting. I believe the city council still has to approve it. Isn't that right?
I don't believe so. Once you get your Certificate of Appropriateness from the HDRC, you can apply for your building permit. Now, you can always APPEAL the HDRC decision, but (and fortunately I have never had to) I can't remember if it is to the Board of Adjustments, City Manager, or Council.

That said, the application was for CONCEPTUAL approval, not the final, so the team will still need to return to HDRC for another review.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #43  
Old Posted May 2, 2019, 7:41 PM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is offline
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
I don't believe so. Once you get your Certificate of Appropriateness from the HDRC, you can apply for your building permit. Now, you can always APPEAL the HDRC decision, but (and fortunately I have never had to) I can't remember if it is to the Board of Adjustments, City Manager, or Council.

That said, the application was for CONCEPTUAL approval, not the final, so the team will still need to return to HDRC for another review.
City manager has final say, not council.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #44  
Old Posted May 5, 2019, 1:16 PM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
again
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: down the street from the taco trailer
Posts: 49,105
So it's likely that we'll still see some building elevations then. That's good news. That first document seemed a little preliminary by only showing some renderings and giving a general overview of it, but fewer details on the technical side of it.
__________________
Smoke marijuana, not Americans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #45  
Old Posted May 5, 2019, 5:00 PM
Txdev Txdev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
So it's likely that we'll still see some building elevations then. That's good news. That first document seemed a little preliminary by only showing some renderings and giving a general overview of it, but fewer details on the technical side of it.
Yes, on a project like this they will typically request conceptual design approval before spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on more detailed structural and MEP plans.

Final HDRC approval will require full plans sufficient for a building permit.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:22 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.