HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 2:53 AM

Nice brick facade on the side of Ellis Parc

Brooklyn - not the best picture

One Water Street Tower 2 - again not a very detailed shot, will do better next time!

The sales centre for the Westcorp Hotel/condos looks like its almost ready to open

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 6:21 AM

Thanks for the shots! I'm in town for the weekend and can't wait to check it all out.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2019, 7:14 PM

Update on One Water St courtesy of one of the contractors instagram account.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 2:23 AM

Here's a couple of shots I took this weekend.
Sadly didn't have enough time to take photos of every project.

Downtown facing southwest.

The new hotel by the airport.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 3:26 AM

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport now added to the Hilton booking site. Stated opening is January 2020, but by the picture above that looks somewhat optimistic.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ylw...lowna-airport/

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 5:55 AM

It's gone quiet on here lately. Couple of current proposals/news items to keep things rolling:

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/communit...opment/it66948

https://amp.kelownanow.com/watercool..._Pub_location/

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 4:40 PM

There's also a new application for this large mixed redevelopment along Springfield Road.

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/art-knap...eloped/it66954

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
RE: Rose's Redevelopment

I was at a Cactus Club in Vancouver last week and heard from one of the managers and bartenders there that Rose's was becoming King Taps, they were very excited about it.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 8:21 PM

Art Knapp's site to be redeveloped.

https://www.kelownanow.com/watercool..._Knapp_s_site/

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 2:10 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Not bad. I didn't realize the old Art Knapps lot was so big.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 7:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKaz View Post
People on social media are angry that the Okanagan doesn't warrant having two Costcos yet.
Those people need to learn about a city called "Victoria" which is about twice the size of Kelowna and only has one Costco too and the best thing is, it's ~15 miles from town

Also, it would be nice if someone would update Kelowna's tallest buildings list on wikipedia @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ngs_in_Kelowna On that page it would be cool if someone could come up with a timeline of Kelowna's tallest buildings too since Victoria and Vancouver both have them, I would do it myself but I have no idea what Kelowna's tallest buildings were before 1976.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post

Also, it would be nice if someone would update Kelowna's tallest buildings list on wikipedia @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ngs_in_Kelowna On that page it would be cool if someone could come up with a timeline of Kelowna's tallest buildings too since Victoria and Vancouver both have them, I would do it myself but I have no idea what Kelowna's tallest buildings were before 1976.
Before the Kiwanis building was constructed in 1976, the tallest building was either the Capri Hotel (built 1962) or Roth Apartments on Pandosy Street (built 1969). They are both mid rises, though I'm not sure which one is taller. Before that, the tallest was probably the Memorial Arena. There were not very many, if any, 3+ storey buildings in Kelowna prior to the early 1960's

Interesting to note, the 5 storey Imperial building on Lakeshore Road was built in 1962. That area was the middle of nowhere at that time. I thought it was built in the 1990s.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2019, 5:52 AM
BANNED

^Thanks for that but without more info I don't think it could be added to wikipedia which may explain why it hasn't been

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 7:27 PM

Mission Group Website updated

A good overview of what the completed project will look like with both residential and one office tower. Scroll down page for view.

https://www.liveatbertram.com/

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nray View Post
A good overview of what the completed project will look like with both residential and one office tower. Scroll down page for view.

https://www.liveatbertram.com/
Does this mean the project has been approved? The height etc? I never saw any news story saying it was.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindragon View Post
Does this mean the project has been approved? The height etc? I never saw any news story saying it was.
Honestly, I am unsure. All development applications for this site are no longer on the city website, only the build permit for The Brooklyn. Seems there are projects in Kelowna that are moving forward that do not appear on the developments page, Landmark VII is a prime example.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 12:20 AM

I wonder if they’ll build the office tower at the same time as the residential. That would be nice to see. That whole area going up at the same time

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindragon View Post
I wonder if they’ll build the office tower at the same time as the residential. That would be nice to see. That whole area going up at the same time
Doubtful. Likely built to demand. Latest report showed 192k sq ft of vacant office space in Kelowna with 312k under construction (Landmark I believe). Once Landmark is complete there will be excessive Class A inventory for a few years that the market will need to absorb. Of course, this can all change in an instant if there is a major market shift or a large company relocating to the city decides they would like to be downtown. I would think Mission Group would have a major tenant in place or under consideration prior to the expense of design of the complex. They may be thinking of placing out the entire podium first including the block of parking and retail with offices slated for future expansion. I agree it will be nice to see this project go up.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:02 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Thanks for the link, Nray. It's a decent-looking project that is more than appropriate for that stretch of Bernard St. The office component and the large five floor podium are very interesting. I hope we get more detailed renderings of both.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 1:50 PM

Downtown Kelowna development waiting on traffic study

From:http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/bu...b0bfab836.html

Quote:
Plans for a new downtown Kelowna office development have triggered the need for a traffic study.

Mission Group has plans for a 13-storey tower and a 34-storey residential tower on Bernard Avenue between Bertram Street and St. Paul Street.

“The plans have been with the city for some time, but the holdup has been a traffic study required by the Ministry of Transportation,” Adam Cseke, a city planner, said Tuesday.

Mission Group announced the two projects in March when construction began on a 25-storey tower, called the Brooklyn.

The second residential tower, to be called the Bertram, will include a rooftop pool, community garden, outdoor sports area, gym and main-floor shared workspace. The office tower will be called the Block.

Once the traffic study is complete, planners will forward the proposal to city council for consideration. For the residential tower to proceed, a height variance would have to be granted by council as the current building limit for the property is 26 storeys.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia