HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Because i havent

is it cancelled for good ?
Is Sky City? You seem to have put a cancel on that thread without any official announcement. Shouldn't this thread uphold the same posturing?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:55 PM

SkyCity is officially cancelled.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Is Sky City? You seem to have put a cancel on that thread without any official announcement. Shouldn't this thread uphold the same posturing?
Are you jealous? Should i put skycity back to proposed? Or cancel this one...pretty sure its confirmed skycity is cancelled.

Last edited by mitchellk12; Dec 10, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Mosaic claims it is the tallest structure but yes the CFRE-DT Television (Global Regina) Tower near Bethune 50°35'43"N 105°4'12"W is a whopping 984 ft.
Just as reference, apparently the Robin Hood Mill is the tallest structure in Saskatoon right now... apparently..

We need someone with a drone to confirm the height of all these things lol

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 9:52 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Why haven't any of the mods changed the status of this thread from site prep to cancelled yet?
Because the developers are still proclaiming they are trying to get this built.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
You must be forgetting Hill Tower III that was completed just a very short while ago... Saskatchewan's current tallest building. Or are you simply a misinformed troll?
I took the time to educate myself about Hill Tower III. the 18-story building, 240,000 sq ft, completed in 2013. The huge achievement I have to admit. Feel so bad to be a misinformed troll.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gan4volta View Post
I took the time to educate myself about Hill Tower III. the 18-story building, 240,000 sq ft, completed in 2013. The huge achievement I have to admit. Feel so bad to be a misinformed troll.
These "towers" have also been built in the last 10 years:

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 3:27 PM
arf

I think we all just want the intersection back. It would be nice not to have to peek out of the tunnel on the NorthEast corner and think you might get run over by someone coming too fast in the turning lane.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Mosaic claims it is the tallest structure but yes the CFRE-DT Television (Global Regina) Tower near Bethune 50°35'43"N 105°4'12"W is a whopping 984 ft.
Nope. The tallest man-made structure is a transmission tower near Carlyle; it is 1101' tall.

('Flew by it, low-level, back in '98.)

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 5:23 PM
arf

There's been work around the site!!!

The lights are back on in the tunnel.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Nope. The tallest man-made structure is a transmission tower near Carlyle; it is 1101' tall.

('Flew by it, low-level, back in '98.)
Interesting. I can't find that info online anywhere. Have you got a link?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Actually, the Delta Hotel is [still] the tallest building in Saskatchewan. That said, the Delta will soon be reduced to as to be: "the tallest building in Regina."

Saskatoon, for the first time in Saskatchewan's history, will soon steal the title as having Saskatchewan's tallest building.

Hmmm.
I thought Mosaic Tower III was new tallest at 84.5 meters tall, with Delta Hotel in Regina at 83.8 meters tall

Also tallest building in Regina from 1920's to 1969 was Hotel Saskatchewan at 55 meters, but Bessborough Hotel, built in 1932 in Saskatoon, is 58.5m making it the tallest building in the Province for 34 years until Marquis Tower at 63m & Milroy Condo Tower at 66m claimed the tallest in Saskatoon & the Province in the late 1960's. Regina re-claimed the provincial tallest crown after 44 years, in fitting fashion after Regina City Hall top tier at 68 meters was spotlit in 1976.

The title for Saskatchewan's tallest building, coincidentally enough, moves back north to Saskatoon after 44 years absence when Nutrien Tower at Riverlanding finishes construction in 2020.

Regina for retaining Provincial tallest 2064?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life
Isn't the largest skyscraper in Saskatchewan a tall tree?
I keed.....I keed.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer
Don't laugh, its actually a Potash Mine headframe. Mosaic K3 - 380ft (Esterhazy, SK).
Interestingly enough, tallest freestanding structure in Manitoba is only a few blocks from Creighton, Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
Look at a Regina VNC.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
I thought Mosaic Tower III was new tallest at 84.5 meters tall, with Delta Hotel in Regina at 83.8 meters tall

Also tallest building in Regina from 1920's to 1969 was Hotel Saskatchewan at 55 meters, but Bessborough Hotel, built in 1932 in Saskatoon, is 58.5m making it the tallest building in the Province for 34 years until Marquis Tower at 63m & Milroy Condo Tower at 66m claimed the tallest in Saskatoon & the Province in the late 1960's. Regina re-claimed the provincial tallest crown after 44 years, in fitting fashion after Regina City Hall top tier at 68 meters was spotlit in 1976.

The title for Saskatchewan's tallest building, coincidentally enough, moves back north to Saskatoon after 44 years absence when Nutrien Tower at Riverlanding finishes construction in 2020.

Regina for retaining Provincial tallest 2064?

Interestingly enough, tallest freestanding structure in Manitoba is only a few blocks from Creighton, Saskatchewan
The Mosaic tower was originally to be 84.5 metres; however it was shrunk to just over 81m. (The Hills don't like building more than they have to.)

Thank you for that timeline.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Look at a Regina VNC.
Come again?

What's a "Regina VNC" and why would I look at it to find out how tall a transmission tower in Carlyle is?

Again, do you have a link?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 3:15 PM

Quote:
According to the Wiki article for CICC-TV (CTV Yorkton), the Carlyle Lake rebroadcaster CIEW-TV has an antenna height of 334.7 m, or 1098 feet.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
According to the Wiki article for CICC-TV (CTV Yorkton), the Carlyle Lake rebroadcaster CIEW-TV has an antenna height of 334.7 m, or 1098 feet.
That link is for "HAAT" or "Height Above Average Terrain" and I know that transmitter is on top of a hill so I don't believe that's the height of the tower itself.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 8:10 PM

Quote:
That link is for "HAAT" or "Height Above Average Terrain" and I know that transmitter is on top of a hill so I don't believe that's the height of the tower itself.
Oh, that makes sense.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2018, 4:25 PM

Anyone else catch this article on Fortress? It was the front page of the Globe's Report on Business section on Saturday:

Inside the Fall of Fortress

Fortress Real Developments raised $920-million from 14,000 Canadians who thought they were getting low-risk, steady income. Now, as the company comes under the pressure of an RCMP investigation and faltering projects, some face the prospect of devastating losses

Article only briefly mentions Capital Point - carries 2nd highest value of mortgage loans registered against it among Fortress's "projects" ($33.3million - Collier Centre in Barrie is 1st ($52.9m), and SkyCity in Winnipeg is 3rd ($32.2m)).

Interestingly, Capital Point is the only project among the 10 listed that hasn't either declared insolvency/receivership, been put up for sale, or had buyers' deposits returned. Yay, us!

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 3:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Are you jealous? Should i put skycity back to proposed? Or cancel this one...pretty sure its confirmed skycity is cancelled.
I apologize for the behaviour of Pinus. He must have a thing about undermining the authority of the moderation team. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan