HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 1:47 AM

San Antonio Spurs

Go Spurs!

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 1:54 AM

No Doubt!!! GO SPURS!!!

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 2:06 AM
Ya Dig!!

I better see this kind of support when Dallas goes for Lombardi number 6 this coming Fall from you Texans.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 2:16 AM

Yessir! GO SPURS GO!!!

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 3:12 AM

I'm glad the Spurs beat NO (hate Chris Paul), but the Spurs are not going to beat LA. Why? Ratings. Stern and his bag of tricks wants a Lakers-Celtics Finals. That, and the Lakers are pretty damn good and better than the Hornets. They could win a Game 7 at home.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 5:29 AM

Ratings have never kept the Spurs out of the finals before, much to the chagrin of the NBA...

Go Spurs Go!

Lakers will be a tough series, no doubt. Doesn't help that they had to spend the night on their broken jet on the NO airport tarmac! It was already a quick-turnaround, now they have even less rest. Hopefully they can carry some momentum from the last game, though, to make up for it.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 6:47 AM
De Lurk Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I'm glad the Spurs beat NO (hate Chris Paul), but the Spurs are not going to beat LA. Why? Ratings. Stern and his bag of tricks wants a Lakers-Celtics Finals. That, and the Lakers are pretty damn good and better than the Hornets. They could win a Game 7 at home.
I would love to see a Celtcs/Lakers rematch if more white guys were involved (Bird, McHale, Ainge) otherwise the Spurs match up well with LA. Bowen and Kobe, Thomas/Duncan and Gasol/Odom. Ginobili/Parker and Fisher/?. Horry and Finley poppin em. Gangsta.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 11:14 AM

I know ratings have never kept the Spurs out of the Finals, but this year is a lot different. A lot. No explanation from me is needed.

Spurs can take the Lakers though. Going to be a tough series.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 3:45 PM
SR United Balla

Quote:
No explanation from me is needed.
Oh i think it is needed, alot of us do not know what you speak of.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 4:25 PM

Whether or not the NBA would rather see a Lakers/Celtics final, the Spurs can overcome the refs...they only do it just about every game...

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nano View Post
Ever since last summer, the NBA has been drooling over the possibility of a Celtics/Lakers Finals, and scared to death of another Pistons/Spurs Finals.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 6:27 PM
Squint Like Clint

Some may be hoping for a Celtics-Lakers final but not this dude!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 7:05 PM

Quote:
I know ratings have never kept the Spurs out of the Finals, but this year is a lot different. A lot. No explanation from me is needed.
Every year is different, and every year the Spurs make it to the conference finals people alway says the NBA will never let it happen... cause no one will watch, the NBA doesn't want it, etc.

The magical Lakers-Celtics matchup just provides this year's conspiracy angle for when the refs make some bad calls on the Spurs.

But seriously, Spurs fans hear it every year.

Old Posted May 21, 2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Who?

The "revival" of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry (not sure if you could call it one now), would have Stern jumping up and down in joy. Replays of those Magic vs. Bird Finals games would not be stopped. Ratings would be high because LA is the number two market (and have fans across the country), and Boston is a big market, with a lot of new bandwagon fans across the country.

But like was said earlier, Spurs fans hear this all the time, but THIS year is different to me I think. I'm picking the Lakers in 7 over the Spurs though. If it was any other team, I would pick the Spurs.

But about the Pistons/Spurs finals, that was a great Finals series. You aren't a fan of basketball if you didn't like that one.

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 12:04 AM
SR United Balla

So are you suggesting that the games will be fixed for this series Trae? If so, please enlighten me as to how. Do you have any hard evidence that this has been done before?

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 12:06 AM
Funkytown's finest

Quote:
Who?

The "revival" of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry (not sure if you could call it one now), would have Stern jumping up and down in joy. Replays of those Magic vs. Bird Finals games would not be stopped. Ratings would be high because LA is the number two market (and have fans across the country), and Boston is a big market, with a lot of new bandwagon fans across the country.

But like was said earlier, Spurs fans hear this all the time, but THIS year is different to me I think. I'm picking the Lakers in 7 over the Spurs though. If it was any other team, I would pick the Spurs.

But about the Pistons/Spurs finals, that was a great Finals series. You aren't a fan of basketball if you didn't like that one.
I know what Stern and most NBA fans want around the country want. They certainly will all have Russia-sized grins on all their faces if San Antonio looses. But as a Texan AND Spurs fan, I want 'em to get one for the thumb. If they get it, I will officially lable them this state's official NBA franchise.
GO SPURS GO!!!

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 1:58 AM

Quote:
So are you suggesting that the games will be fixed for this series Trae? If so, please enlighten me as to how. Do you have any hard evidence that this has been done before?
Have you been following the NBA at all? I'm not saying the Spurs suck or anything, but it is obvious that the league officials want a Celtics-Lakers Finals. Stern is a hypocritical guy (remember Kevin Garnett pushing the ref in the Hawks game and not getting even a fine, but Suns players last year come off the bench, and get suspended) and there are strong rumors of him fixing the NBA.

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 2:25 AM
SR United Balla

Quote:
Stern is a hypocritical guy (remember Kevin Garnett pushing the ref in the Hawks game and not getting even a fine, but Suns players last year come off the bench, and get suspended) and there are strong rumors of him fixing the NBA.
We all know Stern does not have the single and final say in those matters, although yes there are some strange varying judgments on those matters. Furthermore, those strong rumors are only rumors. All of this sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, until i see some true hard evidence.

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 2:41 AM
James

I can't stand David Stern, he bothers the crap out of me. But I think the Spurs will win in 6, the Lakers are good, but we are better, even if the game is "fixed".

Old Posted May 22, 2008, 2:52 AM

Regardless of what I said, Spurs are beastin' right now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio