HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Heritage Landing in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Winnipeg Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 12:24 AM

Hmm. people seem to think surface parking lots are a eyesore but apparently they are needed. Perhap develeopers should be building more multistory parkades with large towers on top. I could live with that.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
the tower crane for this project may be the longest ever on the Winnipeg skyline since the mb hydro tower!
So the biggest ever in the last 3 years?

Old Posted May 25, 2014, 8:42 PM

arial view

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 3:06 PM
What could go wrong?

Well they have made a lot of progress on the tower from those last photos. You can clearly see the outline and shape of the tower. I believe the core and tower is precast so it should rise quite quickly.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 3:20 PM

I'm excited about Heritage Landing. It's nice to see some new housing going up in such a choice spot... right along the river, in Winnipeg's most underrated downtown residential neighbourhood. I really hope that we see more going up around there. (Which reminds me, wasn't there something in the works for the site across the street?)

Old Posted May 26, 2014, 3:23 PM
What could go wrong?

I believe the owner across the street has submitted for some zoning changes last year to accommodate something like a 15-20 storey multi-use building, but I haven't heard much about this lately. I don't believe and design or anything had started just getting zoning in order.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 6:56 PM
ARTchitecture

Great to see this one rise, it's been a long time coming!

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I believe the owner across the street has submitted for some zoning changes last year to accommodate something like a 15-20 storey multi-use building, but I haven't heard much about this lately. I don't believe and design or anything had started just getting zoning in order.
They sold the land to Amethyst Holdings Ltd in 2011. They mentioned that they may have a mixed use development in the future.

http://winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/ViewPdf.asp?SectionId=285191

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Great to see this one rise, it's been a long time coming!
It has been a while, slower than most would have liked, but Winnipeg seems to move at a different pace than most other places in the country at times.

Hoping d Condos down the street will start shortly after several months of delay.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 7:46 PM
What could go wrong?

Well part of the problem with this project is likely that their building permit, $27,000,000 was just approved in May. This could be the reason for the slow progress on the tower since winter ended. The City really has to speed their shit up. I have heard that D-Condo is now waiting for their foundation permit to begin construction, apparently that is what is holding up that project.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 8:22 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Well part of the problem with this project is likely that their building permit, $27,000,000 was just approved in May. This could be the reason for the slow progress on the tower since winter ended. The City really has to speed their shit up. I have heard that D-Condo is now waiting for their foundation permit to begin construction, apparently that is what is holding up that project.
You can pay more to fast track the permit if the owner so chooses (the "get off your wallet" option)

The permit could also be slowed by problems with the submissions and the consultants involved - so it is not necessarily the city's fault (though likely).

We had building permits (more expensive fast track route) for a recent ACU after a 20 minute meeting with the various departments at the city. Pretty sure it was a record.

Then again we ARE pretty good at what we do here...

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 8:36 PM

Quote:
I was quite curious to get some updated info on this project. I was under the assumption the building permit had been approved already sometime ago and the foundation permit was well, already in the developers hands.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2014, 2:17 AM

Quote:
I have heard that D-Condo is now waiting for their foundation permit to begin construction, apparently that is what is holding up that project.
Sandhu has been saying that since January (even when they were going through their initial over-budget delay), so I'm not sure if that's actually the case or if it's just the go-to line.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2014, 1:31 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
Sandhu has been saying that since January (even when they were going through their initial over-budget delay), so I'm not sure if that's actually the case or if it's just the go-to line.
My contacts aren't with Sandhu, so I can't comment on what they say. I am just passing on info I receive from others involved in the project.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2014, 11:55 PM
Create and Conquer

newest addition to my model collection, 300 Assiniboine

soon to be on google warehouse to help visualize our future skyline.
i wonder when the core will start popping out

Old Posted Jun 22, 2014, 3:21 AM
Create and Conquer

all done, however one side is incomplete because theres really nothing showing whats supposed to be there.

enjoy on the warehouse

Old Posted Jun 22, 2014, 4:12 AM

Really cool triton thanks.

Looking at all the u/c towers really does change a lot of the views.

This will look good if you're coming from the south I bet

Old Posted Jul 13, 2014, 10:20 PM

300 Assiniboine is now visible over the treetops from the Main Street bridge

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 2:17 PM

Slowly but surely rising

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 1:48 PM

Anyone know what's happening with the lovely park on the river just east of this development? Was biking through there the other day and the pond/fountains were empty. Is this yet another water feature the city is just going to shut down and leave to rot? (Park at east end of Provencher bridge or Kings park, one of the most beautiful water features in the city...GONE... come to mind.)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan