HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Heritage Landing in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Winnipeg Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 5:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
bluenote relax
So you enjoy a total thread derailed about other cities? I think most people would like to know what is actually going on with Heritage Landing since there is actual movement there now. If you want to talk about the BOW or whatever go to the Calgary forum.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 1:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
So you enjoy a total thread derailed about other cities? I think most people would like to know what is actually going on with Heritage Landing since there is actual movement there now. If you want to talk about the BOW or whatever go to the Calgary forum.
Agreed. I'm not sure why the moderators are allowing threads to go that far OT. It's part of their jobs to regulate that, and it's not happening around here. Dissapointing.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 2:11 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
Agreed. I'm not sure why the moderators are allowing threads to go that far OT. It's part of their jobs to regulate that, and it's not happening around here. Dissapointing.
...those exact same words are why I'm nearly banned on other forums. Although I agree it shouldn't be TOO far off-topic, directing anger towards a moderator tends to piss them off alot. Ask mersar or vid, they could vouch for me (ask him about CPTDB)

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 3:17 PM
I am a typical

I actually gave up on everything at CPTDB except the Thunder Bay thread. The people there are just insane.

This forum is by far the most mature and well-behaved I've seen.

But I do agree with Bluenote that we should get back on topic. I'm just not going to be as bitchy about it. If the next posts aren't about this specific development, I'll have 1ajs tell you guys to "chill" again.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
I disagree. There hasn't been enough action at the site to keep the thread active, in which case it would just be lost in a sea of other threads for many months.

I see no problem with them discussing the Bow on here. Had there been multiple discussions occurring and the Bow conversation was detracting from a Heritage conversation, then that is a different story. But that isn't the case.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 3:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
I disagree. There hasn't been enough action at the site to keep the thread active, in which case it would just be lost in a sea of other threads for many months.

I see no problem with them discussing the Bow on here. Had there been multiple discussions occurring and the Bow conversation was detracting from a Heritage conversation, then that is a different story. But that isn't the case.
Just because you don't feel there hasn't been enough traffic on this thread (and that is because no real construction has started yet, but when it does things will pick up) does not mean it should be derailed by OT subjects. This is a thread about Heritage Landing, so we should keep it that way.

Anyways, I'll pull myself out of this OT stuff, and continue to watch the developments of HERITAGE LANDING.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 4:05 PM

Shinook, you really need to

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 13, 2012, 4:44 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I actually gave up on everything at CPTDB except the Thunder Bay thread. The people there are just insane.

This forum is by far the most mature and well-behaved I've seen.

But I do agree with Bluenote that we should get back on topic. I'm just not going to be as bitchy about it. If the next posts aren't about this specific development, I'll have 1ajs tell you guys to "chill" again.
The Manitoba section of CPTDB is largely crap-free. Should come by sometime! Me, trebor204 and a few others from Winnipeg are on there as well, and its been spared the wrath of that forum for some reason. I'm on the verge too.

Last edited by armorand93; Oct 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2012, 12:57 AM

I notice SJ Excavating was onsite today. Setting up a laydown area of sorts for the work.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 4:29 AM
FUS RO DAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
You guys forgot that you have to call it lizarB or oloaP oaS to avoid rotnarT from derailing the thread. We had this problem in Midwest for a while. He is like Beetlejuice.
gee, "this problem". Show me ANY derailing I did there, and how many, for you to call "a problem".

this is a 13 page thread. A single post asking if the building the guy was asking was that one wont derail any thread. Making a big fuss about a single innofensive post, THAT derails threads. Also, as far as I noticed, this thread derailed long before with discussion about other canadian buildings and cities, before my single post asking if that was the building he was thinking about.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 11:13 AM
I am a typical

He is like Beetlejuice!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 10:22 PM

Contractor is now on site pounding precast concrete piles. Things are finally rolling...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 5:27 AM

Seems a little odd, that now construction is going full steam. There have been no posts on this thread for over 2 months. Anyone know when a tower crane might go up?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 5:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDBO View Post
Seems a little odd, that now construction is going full steam. There have been no posts on this thread for over 2 months. Anyone know when a tower crane might go up?
First post on this project:

Jun 10, 2010, 3:59 PM

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 3:56 AM

I noticed this morning, base for tower crane rising from the excavated area on the east side. I thought parkade was to be above grade, but about half the site is down to about 15 feet or so. Looks like 2 levels of underground parking.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 8:53 PM
ARTchitecture

Hmmmm, if this one is UC now, its building page should be updated to reflect this. Also, could someone possibly make a proper diagram for it? The one I made is just a shit placeholder with the old design. Someone with more skills should handle this one Same with ALT, I tried, but failed

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Hmmmm, if this one is UC now, its building page should be updated to reflect this. Also, could someone possibly make a proper diagram for it? The one I made is just a shit placeholder with the old design. Someone with more skills should handle this one Same with ALT, I tried, but failed
Apparently the update isn't made until the foundation is complete and the structure actually begins to rise. I made this inquest a while ago as well, when the ALT construction began.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 10:27 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

not untill its above grade

Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 10:24 PM

Tower crane is up, excavation almost complete for what looks like 2 levels of underground parking.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 12:15 AM

Quick snap from Donald and River!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan