HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
This is the overpass that gets hit on a pretty regular basis by tall semis, right?
No, that’s the subway under the rail lines farther south on Winnipeg. This is the interchange at the Ring Road.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
This is the overpass that gets hit on a pretty regular basis by tall semis, right? But this is a lot more than just replacing the overpass.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...gina-1.4954202
No, this is the overpass at Ring Road. The one that gets hit is the railroad overpass that is south of there.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 2:19 AM

Well good to see the city of Regina is not thinking forward on this... some horrible design options here.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5010204

They’d almost be better to remove southbound access for Winnipeg street. As access to the south for the refinery can be accommodated by MacDonald Street, and people going from uplands to south RR could go to Ross and head to RR south from there. Most of these options have three intersections (with lights) no roundabouts proposed, no DDI... I hope they go back to the drawing board.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Well good to see the city of Regina is not thinking forward on this... some horrible design options here.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5010204

They’d almost be better to remove southbound access for Winnipeg street. As access to the south for the refinery can be accommodated by MacDonald Street, and people going from uplands to south RR could go to Ross and head to RR south from there. Most of these options have three intersections (with lights) no roundabouts proposed, no DDI... I hope they go back to the drawing board.
I agree. This is a complete waste of time. The jog of Winnipeg St. north of the Ring Road is a minor problem. Just leave the bridge where it is, replace the deck, re-use the piers, reduce construction disruption, save millions and spend the savings on the real problem - rail crossings.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I agree. This is a complete waste of time. The jog of Winnipeg St. north of the Ring Road is a minor problem. Just leave the bridge where it is, replace the deck, re-use the piers, reduce construction disruption, save millions and spend the savings on the real problem - rail crossings.
I disagree. If the city is actually intending for SomerSet to exist at some point in the next few decades it's essential that they realign the bridge. That it was ever set like that in the first place is absurd.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
I disagree. If the city is actually intending for SomerSet to exist at some point in the next few decades it's essential that they realign the bridge. That it was ever set like that in the first place is absurd.
I also agree that the bridge should be aligned and that how it was built may of made sense if they had continued Winnipeg street alongside the tracks instead of having the jog back east. I am just stating that in the options there appears to not be any modern thinking in terms of intersection design. Or maybe those “scary” options are considered too progressive for Regina and rejected. Either way would be nice to see the other 20 some options presented.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
I agree it was absurd, but how much do you pay to re-align a jog? $15 million? $20 Million?. It seems to that money is better spent solving the rail crossing issue. I have travelled that route dozens of times and it is no big deal. I realize traffic will increase in future but there are other improvements that can be considered.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan