HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Saskatchewan Health Authority head office will be located in Saskatoon

Anyone have a sense of whether there will be a significant need for more office space for this head office? Perhaps they will be taking over space already occupied by the Saskatoon Health Region, but surely a province-wide authority will require a much larger staff and more space, no matter how lean they're trying to be.
This is good news for the city as these should be some good paying jobs. I believe the staff currently have offices spread out through the city with some people allowed to work out of home offices. To me It would make sense to have the majority working out of one space. Now with this supposed to be a money saving venture I would highly doubt a new office will be built to accommodate this. Maybe taking up residence in an older building like say the potashcorp office if that happens to be vacant after their merge and possible move to fancy new digs?

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S'toon Goon View Post
This is good news for the city as these should be some good paying jobs. I believe the staff currently have offices spread out through the city with some people allowed to work out of home offices. To me It would make sense to have the majority working out of one space. Now with this supposed to be a money saving venture I would highly doubt a new office will be built to accommodate this. Maybe taking up residence in an older building like say the potashcorp office if that happens to be vacant after their merge and possible move to fancy new digs?
With 34,000 employees, the head office will need to be pretty large.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
With 34,000 employees, the head office will need to be pretty large.
Paragraph 3...

Reiter said the new health authority will have between 300 and 400 jobs headquartered in Saskatoon.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
Paragraph 3...

Reiter said the new health authority will have between 300 and 400 jobs headquartered in Saskatoon.
Pretty decentralized then.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 2:24 AM

When they say 34,000 that must include all personnel like doctors, nurses etc. 300-400 people is still a good amount of office people.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 2:27 PM

1% of employees is a very small head office for any organization. This tells me they will be leaving many functions such as much of HR in the regions.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 3:29 PM

Re. Popeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCricket View Post
Rosewood
I heard a rumour of some new goings-on in the Rosewood area. A Tim's is underway, as well a Popey's and apparently an Una Pizza is taking over one of the Brown's Social Houses lease? Has anyone heard anything about that? I thought the location on Broadway was a one-off for the Calgary based company. Maybe franchising is paying off for them and they are looking to expand their foot print.
Has it been confirmed that there will be a Popeyes in Rosewood?

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 3:48 PM

I'm hearing rumors of a Boston Pizza coming up in Stonebridge near Ashley Furniture.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmmace View Post
I'm hearing rumors of a Boston Pizza coming up in Stonebridge near Ashley Furniture.
I'll confirm those rumours. Sitework for the BP is out for tender.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S'toon Goon View Post
I thought the Health Region had one or two floor in Saskatoon Square at 4th and 22nd?

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I'll confirm those rumours. Sitework for the BP is out for tender.
Who's soliciting this tender? I can't seem to find it.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontone View Post
Has it been confirmed that there will be a Popeyes in Rosewood?
They've signed deals in both Kensington and Brighton. Not sure about Rosewood.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy4Prez View Post
Who's soliciting this tender? I can't seem to find it.
The landlord, Calloway REIT.

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
The landlord, Calloway REIT.

Ahhh thanks

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 6:02 PM

Lee Genier looks to bring professional soccer to Saskatchewan

By Ryan Flaherty and David Giles
Global News

Former Saskatchewan Rush president Lee Genier is in Saskatoon to explore the possibility of bringing professional soccer to Saskatchewan.

The Rush are a huge success story in Saskatoon and across the province and now Genier, who helped bring pro lacrosse to the Prairies, is hoping to do the same thing with the world’s most popular sport.

The fledgling Canadian Premier League (CPL) was officially ratified on May 6 by Canada Soccer and has received interest from ten potential franchisees, including Genier’s group.

[........]

Read more:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3446660/le...remier-league/

^^^^^^^^^^
Interesting stuff. Looks like Saskatoon could see construction of an expandable 8,500 seat stadium to accommodate the team -- if the team locates here.

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
Lee Genier looks to bring professional soccer to Saskatchewan

By Ryan Flaherty and David Giles
Global News

Former Saskatchewan Rush president Lee Genier is in Saskatoon to explore the possibility of bringing professional soccer to Saskatchewan.

The Rush are a huge success story in Saskatoon and across the province and now Genier, who helped bring pro lacrosse to the Prairies, is hoping to do the same thing with the world’s most popular sport.

The fledgling Canadian Premier League (CPL) was officially ratified on May 6 by Canada Soccer and has received interest from ten potential franchisees, including Genier’s group.

[........]

Read more:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3446660/le...remier-league/

^^^^^^^^^^
Interesting stuff. Looks like Saskatoon could see construction of an expandable 8,500 seat stadium to accommodate the team -- if the team locates here.

that would be neat. not that i watch soccer at all, but if we had a team id go watch here and there. i have a fair share of friends who go nuts for soccer, it would be interesting to see what happens

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 6:28 PM

Doesn't Griffiths Stadium at Uni hold over 10,000? Or would that create a scheduling conflict with Uni sports and the potential pro soccer?

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Doesn't Griffiths Stadium at Uni hold over 10,000? Or would that create a scheduling conflict with Uni sports and the potential pro soccer?
It can hold 10,000 but that's only for special events.

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 9:49 PM

I know soccer isnt my thing but its these sort of options that help make places more attractive places to live and do business. As long as ticket prices are not sky high. I dont think either Saskatoon or Regina would support soccor at the same prices as the Rush. That is just my opinion though but I am bias like I said.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 3:45 PM

I saw Brutopian's post on this in the Saskatoon Roads & Infrastructure thread, which doesn't seem to get as much action as this thread does so I thought it was worthwhile to pass it on for more eyes to see. Direct link to the website is here: http://www.saskatchewan.ca/governmen...y-consultation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
Feedback sought on routes for proposed Saskatoon Freeway

By David Giles, Senior Web Producer, Global News

The Saskatchewan government is looking for feedback on some of the recommended routes for the proposed Saskatoon Freeway.

A new online forum is outlining the rationale for the routes that were selected.

Landowners, project stakeholders and the public are now being asked to provide feedback to the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure team.

The online forum runs until May 26, 2017.

[........]

Read more:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3451727/go...reeway-routes/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan