HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
Very interesting.

Could you please post the article you found?

Thanks!
http://ckom.com/article/1369352/sask...d-trade-center

sorry, got ahead of myself lol, he mentioned its still in play...but guess that also could mean hes on board if it hasnt been completely scrapped yet

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
http://ckom.com/article/1369352/sask...d-trade-center

sorry, got ahead of myself lol, he mentioned its still in play...but guess that also could mean hes on board if it hasnt been completely scrapped yet
Excellent. Thanks!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
Excellent. Thanks!
no problem

also, saw Coun. Darren hill, removed his request to take the 3 million in funding away from the New U of S twin rink.

Groundbreaking coming on friday so it says.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 3:41 PM

Demolition begins at Bonanza Steakhouse

650 CKOM
April 27, 2017

A familiar sight along Saskatoon's Eighth Street East is being torn down after a devastating fire.

The Bonanza Steakhouse ​was heavily damaged in a blaze on Feb. 21.

The day after the fire, owner Gary Baba told 650 CKOM that he hoped to rebuild, amid an outpouring of support for the long-running establishment.

[........]

Read more:
http://ckom.com/article/1497674/demo...nza-steakhouse

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 3:52 PM

U of S arena construction moving ahead with council funding

By Chris Vandenbreekel, 650 CKOM
April 24, 2017

Construction is moving ahead on a new arena at the University of Saskatchewan.

Home Ice Campaign Chair Tim Hodgson hinted at a Friday announcement by the U of S after seeing Ward 1 Councillor Darren Hill rescind a motion to reconsider municipal funding for the project.

A few minutes later it was confirmed by Mayor Charlie Clark.

“There’s a ground-breaking happening this Friday,” he said. “The wheels are in motion for this facility to be built.”

[........]

Read more:
http://ckom.com/article/1491437/u-s-...ouncil-funding

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:39 PM

http://www.westerninvestor.com/news/...oon-1.16727690
World Trade Center coming to Saskatoon

Plans for the 10-storey building shows developer confidence in the city's economy

WI Staff, Western Investor
May 2, 2017

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post

Plans for the 10-storey building shows developer confidence in the city's economy

May 2, 2017
Developer confidence in Saskatoon, eh? Completely unrelated to the fact this project is a massive downscale from the original plans.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
Developer confidence in Saskatoon, eh? Completely unrelated to the fact this project is a massive downscale from the original plans.
this is saskatchewan dont forget lol

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 5:04 PM

It isn't as great as the original proposal that is a given, but it would be better than tearing down whats there to make another parking lot, unless its a 27 story parkade lol.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post

May 2, 2017
It looks extremely tall in the photo, LOL.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
wouldn't surprise me if the drawing is 30 stories tall North Prairie sure loves to create hype with everything they do. I think a good example of this is the comparison of an experience developer like Jon Le Fevre and The Banks posting "60% Sold" on his website (which i'm guessing must be close to 80-90% sold by now, compared to Shangri La's constant incremental updates of 5% (currently at 85% Sold) of how many units they sold. Who are they bragging to? If I'm looking to buy a condo, I'm probably going to start at the Banks just because of the appearance of more condos available - and when I see 85% sold I think the least appealing condos are the only ones left. Horrible at marketing. Why the heck is Don Atichison even speaking to the media - one report says they'll have drawings available 4 weeks from when they spoke in April - and he keeps mentioning the building will mostly be filled with NGO's and Government Employees.... really? Is the new central health care system for Sask going to be put there? I sure don't think so, and where are these NGO positions coming from with the money to utilize the dollar/sqft on a new building...
I'm not sure if I would put money down on a condo done by North Prairie if they ever get to building one there, and the most time company's like North Prairie need a bank to also be on board to help finance and they want 60+% of condos sold in presale. No confidence... I hope they're not paying Don Atchison too much.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:23 AM

Personally, 60 % sold vs 85%, I'd be looking first at the 85% sold building. In my eyes it is more popular, thus more appealing and eventually better chance at growth and return on investment.

Slow selling developments to me are avoid at all costs. Why should my monthly fees cover all the unsold units/ expenses....

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 3:30 PM
Registered Geek

Edgewater Spa

Edgewater Spa at the top of the Broadway bridge is closing permanently as of May 31, 2017 citing the sale of "the condo property we occupy". Additionally, a note on their website (www.edgewaterspa.ca) indicates that Changes Salon and Spa on 8th Street will be fulfilling Edgewater's appointments, and gift cards, past June 1, 2017. That in and of itself is a classy way to go instead of just closing up shop and vanishing from the retail landscape, in my opinion.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:55 PM

Would absolutely love to see the Edgewater space opened up to the street and occupied by multiple lively tenants. Seems unlikely though.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
or else very, very slim

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 5:25 PM
Registered Geek

Rosewood
I heard a rumour of some new goings-on in the Rosewood area. A Tim's is underway, as well a Popey's and apparently an Una Pizza is taking over one of the Brown's Social Houses lease? Has anyone heard anything about that? I thought the location on Broadway was a one-off for the Calgary based company. Maybe franchising is paying off for them and they are looking to expand their foot print.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 5:42 PM

Rosewood is also getting a McDonald's. Tenders closed yesterday, so construction should be starting later this month.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 7:36 PM
Pure Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCricket View Post
Rosewood
I heard a rumour of some new goings-on in the Rosewood area. A Tim's is underway, as well a Popey's and apparently an Una Pizza is taking over one of the Brown's Social Houses lease? Has anyone heard anything about that? I thought the location on Broadway was a one-off for the Calgary based company. Maybe franchising is paying off for them and they are looking to expand their foot print.

Considering the Una people are doing a tacos & tequila restaurant under a different name in the old Riversdale Deli space, they could be doing something similar there (i.e. a restaurant under a different name).

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
wouldn't surprise me if the drawing is 30 stories tall North Prairie sure loves to create hype with everything they do. I think a good example of this is the comparison of an experience developer like Jon Le Fevre and The Banks posting "60% Sold" on his website (which i'm guessing must be close to 80-90% sold by now, compared to Shangri La's constant incremental updates of 5% (currently at 85% Sold) of how many units they sold. Who are they bragging to? If I'm looking to buy a condo, I'm probably going to start at the Banks just because of the appearance of more condos available - and when I see 85% sold I think the least appealing condos are the only ones left. Horrible at marketing. Why the heck is Don Atichison even speaking to the media - one report says they'll have drawings available 4 weeks from when they spoke in April - and he keeps mentioning the building will mostly be filled with NGO's and Government Employees.... really? Is the new central health care system for Sask going to be put there? I sure don't think so, and where are these NGO positions coming from with the money to utilize the dollar/sqft on a new building...
I'm not sure if I would put money down on a condo done by North Prairie if they ever get to building one there, and the most time company's like North Prairie need a bank to also be on board to help finance and they want 60+% of condos sold in presale. No confidence... I hope they're not paying Don Atchison too much.
The photo is of NYC's One World Trade Center.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 3:42 PM

Saskatchewan Health Authority head office will be located in Saskatoon

Anyone have a sense of whether there will be a significant need for more office space for this head office? Perhaps they will be taking over space already occupied by the Saskatoon Health Region, but surely a province-wide authority will require a much larger staff and more space, no matter how lean they're trying to be.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan