HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 12:26 AM

They're fading (as the concrete cures) pretty steadily. It could be another month or so before they fade completely. I'm hoping the glass is set at the back of the beam (deep). That will really make this building look nifty.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 1:25 AM

^^^ I agree the windows being set back would give the building a cool look, but I cant imagine the developer will do it. i recall Trump a few years back getting rid of x bracing on the Trump tower Chicago so pigeons wouldnt land and go the bathroom all over the building.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 2:59 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectonic View Post
You are right, you'd be surprised how many New Yorkers can't identify a picture of the Freedom Tower.
WHAT???? That's is hard to believe, but I believe you. I thought most NY'ers, read NYTimes, and they don't mention the freedom or 432 pa at all, or they just dont give a shi%. And the one's (432) they'll wonder why the sun isn't coming throught their office windows at a certain point..

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 3:15 AM
Come As You Are

I think the glass will be slightly inset, ie. not flat and even with the columns.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 7:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I think the glass will be slightly inset, ie. not flat and even with the columns.

That's what will give it it's "waffle like" qualities. A comparison with renderings...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 2:22 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

The more I look at renderings next to the work in progress, the more it looks like to me that we're looking at the final facade with the concrete that's in place (minus the glass), or before it is painted. That concrete just looks too smooth, and the lines in the concrete too closely match the renderings to have any kind of stone facade elements placed over it.

I could be totally wrong, of course, but it's looking more and more like a finished, pour in place concrete and glass facade that will either be left as is or painted to me.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 2:39 PM

I had inquired about the same thing earlier and was advised that there will be no covering, painting or anything on the concrete. Jury is still out in my mind but will have to wait to see the glass and glazing with the mass and height of this to make a final decision.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 4:07 PM

It seems to me like we are looking at the facade, which is fine. As far as exposed concrete goes, is pretty good.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 4:23 PM

Just curious, how high do these cranes typically get before they need to be attached to the building itself? On 56'th and 57'th St. they both look to be roughly 100 ft tall at the moment.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 8:03 PM

Big chance they attach the cranes at the mechanical floors (so, a few to go).
But this would mean only 4-5 attachments over the total 400 m, which is probably not sufficient.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 8:34 PM
New Yorker for life

I'm starting to get a feel for it, but I think it needs to be at least a quarter of the way up with unobstructed views before I can get a real sense of appearance and scale.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 8:54 PM
Mr. Technology

Added 432 Park Ave (live cam) to my Dashboard!

Dashboard by TechTalkGuy, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc from Rotterdam View Post
Big chance they attach the cranes at the mechanical floors (so, a few to go).
But this would mean only 4-5 attachments over the total 400 m, which is probably not sufficient.
Thanks, Marc! That would make the most sense I suppose.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 3:10 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
Added 432 Park Ave (live cam) to my Dashboard!

Dashboard by TechTalkGuy, on Flickr
Thats awesome!!!!!!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 4:28 AM

Falling Debris injured a worker today. A stop work order has been issued on the south side as per the violation.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 2:00 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
Falling Debris injured a worker today. A stop work order has been issued on the south side as per the violation.
Yeah, here it is:

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/03/...2-park-avenue/

Construction worker injured at 432 Park Avenue
Debris falls five stories, marking the latest accident at NYC’s soon-to-be tallest residential tower

March 15, 2013 07:39PM
By Guelda Voien

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 2:41 PM

Construction's really having it's teething problems over here. Anyway, as to the people above, yes, we're looking at the final facade (ignoring how much brighter and more evenly colored it will get). The renders seem to suggest ultra clear glass NOT set back from the exterior. I am hoping that changes at least somewhat. The building will benefit from a little depth, although I definitely see the pragmatic arguments for not having it.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 3:07 PM
Mr. Technology

it's a shame that a construction worker was injured on the job.

I'm sure he'll have to go through many tests to ensure he was not intoxicated because as we all know, they will look for any excuse not to pay for his injuries.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 3:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
Construction's really having it's teething problems over here. Anyway, as to the people above, yes, we're looking at the final facade (ignoring how much brighter and more evenly colored it will get). The renders seem to suggest ultra clear glass NOT set back from the exterior. I am hoping that changes at least somewhat. The building will benefit from a little depth, although I definitely see the pragmatic arguments for not having it.
I disagree. Almost everything I've seen shows recessed windows to some degree. As far as safety goes at this site, when there's smoke, there's fire. It seems to me that they're taking some shortcuts and being careless in the interest of time. Shoddy oversight.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoldanTTLB View Post
As long as the lines in the concrete from the forms go away as the concrete cures it should be fine! The pure white looks really good up close! Ultra clear windows would be nice too, I'm hoping that's the case. That would add a modern industrial element to the outside, the contrast between the concrete and the glass.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive