HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 6:09 AM
A before E

I am not digging the very sterile feel of the Lloyd Center renovations.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Concert venue planned at former Lloyd Center Nordstrom

The vacant Nordstrom space at the Lloyd Center mall is about to get a lot louder.

The top floor of the shuttered store is set to become a concert venue. Live Nation Entertainment, a California-based events producer, said Wednesday it had signed a long-term lease with the mall. The venue will also open a box office on the first floor.

The announcement confirmed a 2017 Willamette Week report gleaned from a liquor license filing.

The entertainment company described the new venue as a mid-sized alternative to the city's small clubs and much larger arenas. It hasn't yet been named, and the announcement did not specify an opening date or capacity.
...continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 1:35 AM

Request for Response for the Lloyd West Anchor Remodel (which will include the Live Nation venue)

Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 3:36 AM

Somehow I missed this...

https://www.oregonmetro.gov/news/ore...iving-regional

Quote:
Metro News
Oregon Convention Center renovation to increase national competitiveness, further driving regional economy
May 17, 2018 2:21 p.m.

A $27 million renovation of the Oregon Convention Center is set to begin, as Portland prepares for the late 2019 opening of the Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center.

The renovation, which is funded through the centers reserves built up from good financial management, includes upgrades to the interior of the 28-year-old center, as well as reconstruction of the plaza on the northeast corner, adjacent to MAX and the hotel.

Over the next 18 months, contractor Colas Construction will update the center’s lobbies and ballrooms to improve the center’s competitiveness. The center’s new designs, inspired by Oregon’s landscape, will include lichen-like carpets and forest canopy ceilings. The center’s north plaza will be renovated to provide more flexible and usable space, as well as to improve wayfinding for adjacent hotel guests and transit commuters. These upgrades will allow OCC to continue to provide world-class service for today’s convention needs.

“I am excited that this project will reinvigorate the image of the OCC to local residents and improve our national and international competitiveness for convention business,” said Craig Stroud, executive director of the convention center. “I am thrilled to be working with Colas Construction on this important project.”

The contract is the largest public contract in Oregon history to be awarded to a minority-owned business as the prime contractor. Metro’s procurement process used typical contractor selection criteria and emphasized the value of diversity and inclusion by integrating State or Oregon Certification Office for Business Inclusion and Diversity, or COBID, criteria.

Last year, OCC generated more than $626 million of total spending. Since the August groundbreaking of the Hyatt Regency Portland adjacent to the convention center, convention sales teams have been proposing future city-wide conventions to organizations that have historically overlooked Portland as a destination because of a lack of a convention center headquarters hotel.

Since November, nearly 20 proposals have been accepted for future years, representing 111,000 room nights. With attendees of national conventions spending an average of $404 per day in Oregon, this is an increase of $44.8 million in visitor spending to the region for these future bookings.

National conventions attract and support activities that create jobs and produce robust economic impacts. Throughout Oregon, tourism supports approximately 109,000 jobs with 37,000 of those in the Portland area. Travel is a primary driver of economic growth and job creation in the United States. Oxford Economics reports that growth in travel and tourism employment in a destination tends to be followed by a 1.5 percent rise in broader employment.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 1:02 AM

Drawings [43 MB] and Staff Report, which does not yet recommend approval, for the Lloyd West Anchor Remodel

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 1:19 AM

10/18 Applicant Presentation [22 MB] and Final Findings And Decision By The Design Commission for the Lloyd West Anchor + Plaza Remodel

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 4:29 AM

What is the status of the large apartment projects in Lloyd? Are any of them likely to go forward?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliu View Post
What is the status of the large apartment projects in Lloyd? Are any of them likely to go forward?
AAT hasn't sounded too eager to get started on their next super-block in their annual conference calls. I believe the developers of the Lloyd Theater super-block and adjacent mall parcels have a partner or partners trying to sell their stake, throwing the entire project into uncertainty.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 11:15 PM

I can't remember where I saw it. Perhaps Next Portland (maccoinnich?) or maybe an early assistance intake?

The Residence Inn at 1710 NE Multnomah seems to have a limited number of days left. The "proposal" I think I saw was to demolish the complex and build 3 hotels on the land. Anybody else hear about this?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
I can't remember where I saw it. Perhaps Next Portland (maccoinnich?) or maybe an early assistance intake?

The Residence Inn at 1710 NE Multnomah seems to have a limited number of days left. The "proposal" I think I saw was to demolish the complex and build 3 hotels on the land. Anybody else hear about this?
I heard from a neighbor that this isn't imminent, maybe five years down the road. But yes, there is a plan to do this. The Marriott was just re-roofed last year, btw.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 4:45 AM

Found it, note to self, always check PortlandMaps.

Quote:
https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...did/?p=R182283

Work/Case Description
Demo aging existing 180+ room extended stay hotel and replace with approximately three hotel brands equaling 450 rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleri View Post
I heard from a neighbor that this isn't imminent, maybe five years down the road. But yes, there is a plan to do this. The Marriott was just re-roofed last year, btw.
Looks like something is afoot. I don't think they would be contacting the city for a project five years out, unless they are trying to get a project approved before some future deadline? That said, I was still able to book a room a year out before I couldn't book further, which was the same for any other Marriott property in the Portland area. Looks llike nothing is imminent.

Last edited by MarkDaMan; Nov 15, 2018 at 5:05 AM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 8:32 PM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference for 701 NE 7th Ave:

Quote:
A Pre-Application Conference to discuss a new 7 story mixed use project across two blocks. Approximately 200 units are proposed in each of the two buildings. Approximately 170 parking spaces are proposed between the two building. The garage entrances are located off of NE Irving Street.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
That’s quite a bit of parking for a building walking distance to multiple bus lines, the streetcar, and multiple light rail lines.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
That's awesome! I think that's the Range Rover dealership. Glad to see that go!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 1:04 AM
Semi-Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapes View Post
That’s quite a bit of parking for a building walking distance to multiple bus lines, the streetcar, and multiple light rail lines.
It would not be unreasonable that tenants might want vehicles in order access the many wonderful outdoor recreational activities this area has to offer.

You can't exactly hop the MAX to a nice secluded campsite on the mountain or take the streetcar to your favorite beach.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 9:42 PM

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...nter-mall.html

Quote:
Bowling alley proposed at Lloyd Center mall
Updated 11:50 AM; Posted 11:35 AM
By Elliot Njus | The Oregonian/OregonLive

A bowling alley could be coming to the Lloyd Center.

A proposal filed with city development officials and publicly disclosed Monday calls for converting a retail space within the Northeast Portland mall into a Bowlero bowling alley, including an arcade, bar and restaurant.

It’s the latest step in the mall’s effort to reinvent itself as an entertainment destination as its traditional anchors, department stores and big-box retailers, close locations and struggle to stay in business.
...(continues)

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 1:44 AM

Posting Notice for a DAR to discuss a revised concept for the East Anchor remodel.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 6:13 PM

subscription required: https://www.bizjournals.com/portland...631&j=86674591

Quote:
Engineering a refresh for the Oregon Convention Center
A $39.5 million renovation of the Oregon Convention Center is bringing the venue up to speed
By Jon Bell – Staff Reporter, Portland Business Journal
Feb 13, 2019, 3:40pm PST Updated 11 minutes ago

The Oregon Convention Center was built in two phases, one that opened in 1990 and another that opened in 2003. The nearly 1 million-square-foot complex sprawls across 15 square blocks of Northeast Portland.

As a result of both the timing of the two phases and the physical grade change between them, it’s never really been possible to walk from the north side of the convention center to the south without heading up a level from the entrance, crossing a lobby area and then descending.

But part of an extensive renovation of the OCC has at long last addressed that disconnect. It took a feat of structural engineering to size up a seismic joint between the two buildings, punch through the existing structure and build a new connector, but it’s now possible to stroll from one end of the OCC to the other without having to navigate much topography.

“I think there’s a real benefit because there’s no more going up and across and back down,” said Brent Shelby, project manager for the Oregon Convention Center renovation project. “The new connector is all on one level, which makes it much more convenient.”

The new connector is one of three major engineering components of the extensive remodel of the OCC that’s been underway since September. And those are all part of a $39.5 million remodel that is giving the Northwest’s largest convention space a refresh for the 21st century.
...(continues)

Old Posted Feb 22, 2019, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Posting Notice for a DAR to discuss a revised concept for the East Anchor remodel.
Drawings [33 MB]

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Drawings [33 MB]
Seems to me that with the continual changes in this building and in the west anchor, Lloyd Center seems to be adrift. Outside of the new music venue, I haven't seen them sign any significant new retail tenants. With Sears and Marshalls leaving and foot traffic seeming to struggle, I wonder how long Macy's holds out. If Macy's goes, I don't see Lloyd Center surviving.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland