HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 14, 2019, 5:04 AM

Bell MTS Place LED Replacement

Video Link

Quote:
A bright idea
By Adrian McMorris | June 9, 2019

bright new investment promises to bring new light to Bell MTS Place.

New overhead light fixtures have been installed in the arena offering better colour, light quality and tone to hockey and events at Bell MTS place, as well as having the added benefit of utility conservation.

The new 400W Eaton Ephesus LED lights each have a lifespan of over 10 years and produce less heat, allowing better temperature control of the ice surface and the building.

The old lights were primarily used for sporting events but with the installation of 180 LED lights, operators will now have the ability to dim, change colour and lighting styles and manipulate light to enhance every event hosted at Bell MTS Place.

According to Ed Meichsner, the VP of Facilities Operations at Bell MTS Place, it’s the latest technology in LED sport lighting.

“They offer a strobing effect, we can narrow and widen the beam and they offer a huge variety of colours,” he says.

The new lights not only enhance the experience inside the building for attendees, but they also create much crisper colours and more definition for HD broadcasts for the viewers at home.

“It’s literally night and day from the old lights. Not only are these lights better but the control we now have over every single light is astounding.”

Meichsner and his team can now manipulate a single light or a group of lights to reach the desired lighting levels at the click of a button.

“We’re confident the hockey players will appreciate them as much as we do and we’re very excited for the next season of hockey here at Bell MTS Place.”
https://www.tnse.com/news/a-bright-i...Ty5nZP_r6t1TBo

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Jun 14, 2019, 5:08 AM

It’s been “out with the old” at Bell MTS Place as we prepare the Skywalk for its fresh new look. One month into renovations, demolition along Hargrave Street and in the Cityplace Bridge is well underway!

https://twitter.com/bellmtsplace/sta...78665201360896

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:04 PM
BANNED

More piss poor asset management from Chevy, trades arguably the Jets best D man and top pairing for the 20th first round pick he gave to the Rangers for Hayes the rental and the Rangers thrown in undrafted D man Pionk who may or may not start for the Jets!

Trouba deal an F!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:16 PM

The skywalk construction pics reminded me, you can notice more people on the street around there with the skywalk closed for the summer. Too bad there is almost nothing at street level near MTS Centre to capitalize on the extra foot traffic, but it's nice just the same.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:40 PM

The Trouba deal is typical for that type of situation. I'm not overly impressed either. But it is what it is. Trading an unsigned RFA, going to UFA next year.

Really he should've been traded a couple years ago. This is where I see the mis-management. As of now, all other GM's know Chevy was stuck. They're also not going to give major assets for a guy they know wants to be in a certain location, so he can snuggle up with his wifey. that's the way it goes. He's going to try and say now that it wasn't about Winnipeg, blah blah blah. regardless he didn't want to be here so get out then. You're not going to get Erik karlsson or anything close to Trouba in this scenario. Never works that way.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:41 PM

Is it dim bulb replacement week?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:43 PM

Notice the box office space in the skywalk is cleared out. As someone mentioned previously, likely will not be replaced as it was rarely used. Will also clear up space for security, etc on event days.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:45 PM

^ That's good, that space gets very congested before and after games. Besides, the box offices are almost pointless now that hockey games are completely electronically ticketed, and other events are most of the way there too.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:56 PM

To me it looks like the box office is framed to waste height with a lower wheelchair level section.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 4:57 PM

I thought that was the old walls that have been stripped ready for removal.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:06 PM

Maybe, I assumed it was new framing but I could be wrong.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The Trouba deal is typical for that type of situation. I'm not overly impressed either. But it is what it is. Trading an unsigned RFA, going to UFA next year.

Really he should've been traded a couple years ago. This is where I see the mis-management. As of now, all other GM's know Chevy was stuck. They're also not going to give major assets for a guy they know wants to be in a certain location, so he can snuggle up with his wifey. that's the way it goes. He's going to try and say now that it wasn't about Winnipeg, blah blah blah. regardless he didn't want to be here so get out then. You're not going to get Erik karlsson or anything close to Trouba in this scenario. Never works that way.
I don't think many fans will feel the Jets got full value for Trouba in the trade, but I think they should include the salary savings they will get in the calculation. If the Jets got a comparable player, they would be in the same salary cap squeeze they were in before the trade. I wouldn't be surprised if these were a few more "give-aways" in return for draft picks/ prospects to create salary cap room for the next few years. Sometimes to build you have to take a step or two back, and that's what seems to be happening now.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:12 PM

I think it just hurts because we gave up assets to help take a deep run only for that to be cut short. Then we trade a valuable piece just to get our own assets back. I bet if we traded with Ottawa (19) or Pittsburgh (21) for their 1st round pick we would be looking at this a bit different.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
I think it just hurts because we gave up assets to help take a deep run only for that to be cut short. Then we trade a valuable piece just to get our own assets back. I bet if we traded with Ottawa (19) or Pittsburgh (21) for their 1st round pick we would be looking at this a bit different.
Yes the Kevin Hayes trade was a bust, IMO. Part of the gamble GM's are often expected to make for a deep playoff push.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:33 PM

I don't even feel Hayes was a bust, he put up some points. The whole team shit the bed when in the back half of the year. I agree Chevy had to take a shot even though it failed. I can't fault him for any of it, I blame all the players. This is our new reality for the next few years, hopefully we get more out of it in the years to come.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:53 PM

"We didn't get value for Trouba!"

'da hell????

We got a 1st rnd, potential top 4 and cap space for a Top 4 D-Man. We got everything we needed. It wasn't going to be a straight up swap, we were always going to take a lower value player on this.

We paid Lemeiux and 1st Rnd to get Hayes for 20 games. NYR paid Pionk and a 1st Rnd to get Trouba ( who we would only have for 1 yr anyway).

If this cap space helps us sign Chiarot, Copp, Myers and even Tanev it's a huge win.

But.....there are some rumors about Ehlers being on the block. Of all the Jets top 9 fwds, I think he is the most replaceable with the talent we have on the roster.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 5:56 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNorberter View Post
"We didn't get value for Trouba!"

'da hell????

We got a 1st rnd, potential top 4 and cap space for a Top 4 D-Man. We got everything we needed. It wasn't going to be a straight up swap, we were always going to take a lower value player on this.

We paid Lemeiux and 1st Rnd to get Hayes for 20 games. NYR paid Pionk and a 1st Rnd to get Trouba ( who we would only have for 1 yr anyway).

If this cap space helps us sign Chiarot, Copp, Myers and even Tanev it's a huge win.

But.....there are some rumors about Ehlers being on the block. Of all the Jets top 9 fwds, I think he is the most replaceable with the talent we have on the roster.
I don't think that Pionck even has to be a top four to make this trade ok. By all accounts he has bad possession numbers. That may change. I guess we just have to trust scouting. The best part of this deal is freeing up cap space and getting a bloody 1st round pick, which we know can be used to get some pretty great players. Looks like this will be a pretty deep draft class too so it could benefit us sooner than later.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
More piss poor asset management from Chevy, trades arguably the Jets best D man and top pairing for the 20th first round pick he gave to the Rangers for Hayes the rental and the Rangers thrown in undrafted D man Pionk who may or may not start for the Jets!

Trouba deal an F!
Trouba was not there best D man. Morrissey is their best D man and I suspect Trouba benefitted greatly from playing with him. The main purpose of the deal was to get a first rounder back and free up cap space for other players. Pionk will fit in somewhere in the D, maybe second or third pairing.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:06 PM

Apparently Pittsburgh had a significant offer on the table up to the last minute, but for some reason Chevy bowed to Trouba's whining and sent him to NYR. I don't really understand this.

Sure Trouba is an RFA with one year left. But he has zero say in where he's being traded. The only say he has is if he will or won't negotiate with his new team. Maybe this is where his agent put his foot down and Pittsburgh backed out.

What a crock of shit.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2019, 6:17 PM

Wasn't that boxoffice space used as a coat check during games?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan