HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 7:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now construction hoarding around the vacant CRU just to the south of the Cineplex at Wheeler Park. I believe this used to be the former home of Telus.

If rumours are to be trusted, this CRU is destined to become the new home of the relocated Hallmark store. This will leave two vacant CRUs in the main portion of the south plaza, which will become Laura and Melanie Lyne.

The south plaza at Wheeler Park will then be at 100% occupancy.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 4:44 PM

Cannabis NB is opening a new Moncton location at 936 Mountain Road. It was leaked on their store locator yesterday.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Cannabis NB is opening a new Moncton location at 936 Mountain Road. It was leaked on their store locator yesterday.
A very logical location considering there is space next door, and no other CNB location nearby. It will do well there.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 7:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Pizza Salvatore is now confirmed for the Goji's strip mall at the Mountain Road entrance to Wheeler Park. They will be occupying the former Klozet Boutique location.

Previously, there had been a sign out front indicating a Pizza Salvatore franchise opportunity.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2024, 12:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is interesting:

Couche-Tard/Circle K Adding Over 1,500 DAVIDsTEA In-Store Locations, Begins Partnership with Second Cup
Mario Toneguzzi
Retail Insider
Date: March 19, 2024
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...cup-interview/

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 11:57 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Bad news regarding the possibility of a Simon's store at CF Champlain:

The CEO of the chain was in Halifax for the grand opening of the new store at HSC, and, he was specifically asked by a reporter about the possibility of a Moncton store. His response was "never is a long time, but, for the foreseeable future, the Halifax store is the regional store for the Maritimes."

It would appear we can put any speculation to rest.

Also, there are some roof repairs going on at the CF Champlain Sobeys location, and, some rumours of additional renovations. I have a feeling we are stuck with the status quo for some time.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 3:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

On the bright side, I see that Simon's CEO (Bernard Leblanc) is originally from Memramcook, so, hopefully this will keep Moncton on the Radar

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

On the bright side, I see that Simon's CEO (Bernard Leblanc) is originally from Memramcook, so, hopefully this will keep Moncton on the Radar
When I read your post about what the CEO said in Halifax at their store opening, I was somewhat disappointed.

The only glimmer of hope I can see for Simons coming to Moncton is what I posted a few days ago in the mall thread:

Toronto based Primaris REIT acquired the Halifax Shopping Center in November for $370 million.

Then in December they upsized their unsecured revolving credit facility to: "ensure excellent liquidity and financial capacity for opportunities we see in the market."

I'm wondering if CF Champlain Place could be on their radar? It's interesting to note that the Simons department store will be opening in the Halifax Shopping Center this week. It's the only location in the Atlantic provinces. Logistically, having a 2nd location in the east would make a lot of sense.

I wonder what the odds would be of Primaris acquiring CF Champlain, and Simons replacing Sobeys with a renovated and rejuvenated west end of the mall?

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 6:31 PM

Yeah I suspect that for the short term, they'll wait and see how the Halifax store is received and how well it does, maybe while keeping an eye on Moncton's growth and opportunities. So for the next say 5 years I wouldn't really expect anything.

But as we get closer to 2030, if Simon's is doing well, Moncton and Halifax are doing well, then we could very well move up on their radar for an early 30's opening/expansion.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Yeah I suspect that for the short term, they'll wait and see how the Halifax store is received and how well it does, maybe while keeping an eye on Moncton's growth and opportunities. So for the next say 5 years I wouldn't really expect anything.

But as we get closer to 2030, if Simon's is doing well, Moncton and Halifax are doing well, then we could very well move up on their radar for an early 30's opening/expansion.
By then I'll probably be too old to dress myself, so I guess I'll never see the inside of a Simons store in Moncton.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 10:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
There is now construction hoarding around the vacant CRU just to the south of the Cineplex at Wheeler Park. I believe this used to be the former home of Telus.

If rumours are to be trusted, this CRU is destined to become the new home of the relocated Hallmark store. This will leave two vacant CRUs in the main portion of the south plaza, which will become Laura and Melanie Lyne.

The south plaza at Wheeler Park will then be at 100% occupancy.
The Hallmark relocation to the CRU next to the Cineplex is confirmed. There is “coming soon” signage in the windows.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 3:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

More rumours regarding Wheeler Park:

Ardene is apparently relocating to the vacant CRU which was formerly the home of Nygard. This information is quite solid according to my source.

The rumour is that Bath Depot intends to expand into the soon-to-be-former Ardene space. I find this a little surprising since they currently occupy the entire former Pier One location which is quite large in itself. If true, this is a good sign for the profitability of this location.

This leaves only a single vacant CRU in that wing of the plaza for the rumoured Laura and Melanie Lynn stores. These are affiliated brands, so, could this be a combo store? Otherwise, perhaps one of these two stores will set up shop in the former Source location next to Big & Tall in the plaza across the parking lot.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 2:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

OK - we have the final definitive scoop on what is happening at Wheeler Park this year. A reliable source has let me know what he discovered from his own reliable source. I consider this information pretty rock solid.

1) - Hallmark is moving to the vacant CRU next to the Cineplex (this was previously definitively know)
2) - Ardene is moving to the vacant CRU which was formerly occupied by Nygard.
3) - Both Laura and Melanie Lyne are coming to Wheeler Park. These are affiliated brands. They would not come unless they had side by side units with an interior connection. The relocation of Hallmark and Ardene gives them this opportunity.
4) - The south wing of Wheeler Park will now be at 100% occupancy.
5) - Bath Depot is not expanding.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 11:31 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now construction hoarding up at the former H&R Block location in the Northwest Centre. This is no doubt to allow for the expansion of the Dollarama next door.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 1:28 PM

Quote:
There is now construction hoarding up at the former H&R Block location in the Northwest Centre. This is no doubt to allow for the expansion of the Dollarama next door.
I can confirm this is what is going on.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to a post in Retail Talk & Share, the HMV shop-in-shop at the CF Champlain Toys R Us is under development, and there is already a small amount of stock on the shelving units.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces