HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Trump Towers Atlanta Tower 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Atlanta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 2:36 PM
Endless Moments...

That is an intresting design. I do like those curves. Adds some nice views of it. It will be kewl watching it rise...

Old Posted Aug 30, 2007, 4:28 PM

Don't know if this rendering has been posted here.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2007, 9:10 PM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Don't know if this rendering has been posted here.

At least they got the traffic going in the right direction.

Question?
Does anyone else get the feeling that the designers forgot to take traffic flow into consideration when they were putting the towers together? It seems like it would make more sense to have the Trump waterfall and grand entrance facing West Peachtree rather than Spring St. Well that's my 0.02 have a great day!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2007, 10:04 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Now if we could just get the damned things built

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrek777 View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that the designers forgot to take traffic flow into consideration when they were putting the towers together? It seems like it would make more sense to have the Trump waterfall and grand entrance facing West Peachtree rather than Spring St. Well that's my 0.02 have a great day!
An even better reason than the traffic flow is that West Peachtree Street just feels more like the "front door" than Spring Street. Given the probability that the new Symphony Hall will be built right across West Peachtree over the MARTA Arts Center Station, this location is looking better all the time. But these are shrewd people and I'm sure they are aware of this, so I doubt they're going to show their backside to West Peachtree.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 8:13 PM

They've started putting up a construction fence!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 8:26 PM

What do ya'll think are the chances of Hines redeveloping that parking deck across from the proposed towers? Looks like it was an "add-on" anyway and it seems to me, with Trump going in next door, the land would be much more valuable as anything but parking (hotel, office, mixed use, whatever). Across the street from Trump Towers... sounds like a good address to me.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 10:39 PM

I don't think there's much of a chance of Hines redeveloping the parking deck. For one thing, there are still plenty of other building lots available nearby. For another, the need for parking is strong and growing. In fact, that parking garage might be even more useful for after-hours parking if the new Symphony Hall gets built next door above the Arts Center MARTA Station (as I suspect it will).

I wonder if it would be practical to partially renovate the parking garage to add two floors of retail space along West Peachtree -- similar to what was done to the parking garage Downtown at the NW corner of Peachtree and International? That might kill two birds with one stone -- if it will work.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 1:57 AM
Urban Explorer

The Trump renderings show the bottom floors with a masonry facade....perhaps they're hoping for a retro-fitting as well...

Old Posted Sep 20, 2007, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketsWork View Post
I don't think there's much of a chance of Hines redeveloping the parking deck. For one thing, there are still plenty of other building lots available nearby. For another, the need for parking is strong and growing. In fact, that parking garage might be even more useful for after-hours parking if the new Symphony Hall gets built next door above the Arts Center MARTA Station (as I suspect it will).

I wonder if it would be practical to partially renovate the parking garage to add two floors of retail space along West Peachtree -- similar to what was done to the parking garage Downtown at the NW corner of Peachtree and International? That might kill two birds with one stone -- if it will work.
Perhaps if all the lots in the area are all built up, and the demand for commerce and residential is still high for the area, they may reconsider building more underground parking.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 11:58 AM

Some information regarding Trump Towers Atlanta

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but am happy to have found it. I first heard about the Trump Towers project about 2 weeks ago while walking through Lenox mall in Atlanta, and became interested in actually purchasing one of the homes. I have been in contact with one of the sales people (in person and in email) regarding build dates and prices etc. Here is the information that I know (I haven't seen it posted, thats why I am posting it)

Trump Towers Atlanta
Price Range

Model / Size Type View /Price Range

A1 - 1,008 sq. ft 1 bedroom/1 ½ baths N - $570,000 - $655,000

A2 – 1,076 sq. ft. 1 bedroom/ 1 ½ baths N -$521,000-$686,000

A3 – 1,244 sq.ft 1 bedroom / 2 baths plus den S - $705,000-$865,000

B1 – 1,301 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths N - $633,000-$851,000

B2 – 1,532 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 baths N - $801,000-$1,056,000

B3 – 1,536 sq.ft 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths S -$816,000 -$1,099,000

B4 – 1,656 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths N -$834,000-$1,081,000

B5 – 2,037 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths plus den S -$1,109,000-$1,349,000

B6 – 2,027 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths plus den S -$1,078,000-$1,303,000

B7 – 2,137 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths plus den S - $1,103,000-$1,112,000

B8 – 2394 sq. ft. 2 bedrooms/ 2 ½ baths plus den S - $1,392,000 - $1,597,000

**PENTHOUSES AVAILABLE-PRICES UPON REQUEST**

Prices and availability subject to change

---> the earnest money is 10% at the time of writing a contract and then 5% in about 1-2 years when the building is close to being finished. The penthouse floor plans can be customized somewhat. The space available is anywhere from 2800 - 8000 sq ft. They are priced between $800 - $850 a sq ft.
The way it works with the penthouses is you would come in to the office and
meet with our designer. You will say approx. how many square feet you want, how many bedrooms, what side of the building etc. He will then put a floor plan together for you.

--->We have been selling for 6 months now and already sold 125 homes. It has been a huge success especially in the slow market.
We are due to break ground in the next couple of months, and completion should be the early part of 2010.

The above paragraphs were responses to questions I had regarding penthouse floor plans, availability, and completion date. Hope this is of some valuable information to the board.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 4:43 PM
Urban Explorer

Wow! 125 have already been sold? That's much better news than I think any of us expected.

Did anyone else get invited to the cocktail reception sponsored by Trump and Maserati? I'm thinking about going.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 6:51 PM

^Not to be a downer but it was reported back in July that the first tower was one-third sold (1/3 of 363 units = 121 units)...so I'm not sure how good of news it is to hear they've sold 125 units 3 months later. But then again who knows for sure, the sales agent could've been quoting old sales figures.

http://www.midtownmile.com/Docs/ajc_07_07_17.pdf

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMidtowner View Post
^Not to be a downer but it was reported back in July that the first tower was one-third sold (1/3 of 363 units = 121 units)...so I'm not sure how good of news it is to hear they've sold 125 units 3 months later. But then again who knows for sure, the sales agent could've been quoting old sales figures.

http://www.midtownmile.com/Docs/ajc_07_07_17.pdf

I agree...I dont think they are going to be running out of any prime floorplans any time soon...

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 7:30 AM

Cars are off the lot and the site has been fenced in.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 2:48 PM

Anyone know when work will begin? It has to be soon for them to pass on the parking revenue. Also, will there be a webcam!?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 6:59 PM

I just noticed the same mayhem...looks like we'll have another project starting soon!

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 4:37 AM
Wahoo Wah

10% earnest money 2+ years before it's set to be completed?! That's a little absurd when the average unit price is $1M. With interest compounding, that's going to cost would-be owners an additional $15-$20k for no good reason.

With how sophisticated I would expect buyers are who can afford these units, I could imagine that being a sticking point. With how slowly they're selling, though, I wonder if one could negotiate around it.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 3:30 PM

Well, I looked at a unit during the opening gala for Atlantic. I had a maybe 25% interest in a unit but they wanted if I remember correctly $40,000 down at that time and occupancy was over 2 years out. Maybe I was just not the type of buyer that buys into these condos because I couldn't justify that type of commitment and not even a guarantee that occupancy would occur when projected. During that first week of the Atlantic they sold around 30 units though or 7% of them to my surprise.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 4:39 PM

Any new info on this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive