HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 2:22 AM

I'm hoping the skywalks will be re-skinned with just glass so they look cleaner and lighter. The retail should be minimal, just a few small kiosks along the center and maybe some seating. The current design seemed flawed from day one. Those built-in retail spaces are surrounded by glass and offer little space for tenants to neatly store supplies and equipment out of sight. I suppose the architects envisioned things like fancy dresses and other pretty things being displayed in the outer windows, but in reality, it was cardboard boxes, cables and wires, and bent blinds pressed up against the glass. It just looked cluttered and low-rent to me. I always felt the skywalk's design was heavy handed, and that ersatz post-modern facade was destined to look outdated in no time. I mean... look at it now. Yuck.

Aside from that nitpicking, I'm really excited about this project. I'm sure it will much better serve the needs of downtown.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan