HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 8:14 PM

My objection to this building is purely based on aesthetics. I could care less about market conditions in the real estate industry.
Though the building is nice. I would have preferred something more slender. The height really isn't the issue.
As with anything this is all subjective but I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't happy with the proportions.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2006, 3:47 PM

So there is spec. that there will be a supertall built at AS? Interesting. Hopefully they can get it done.

This building will look nice. I just wish they would put together 2 of these condo towers to have something in the 60-70+ floor range. There are getting to be toom nay in the 30-40ish range.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2006, 6:37 PM

I've made the same observation about Terminus and I think the real thing looks even more fat and "stubby" than the rendering. Of course that could be because they've yet to complete the crown. I just think this design needed more height.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 10:07 PM

October 2006 update:

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 4:34 AM
Apathetic...and Loving It

They still look like they haven't done anything (as of 10/28/06) since they topped it out. What's going on?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2006, 4:30 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86
They still look like they haven't done anything (as of 10/28/06) since they topped it out. What's going on?
Agreed. There must be some kind of construction delay. The crown has been a skeleton like that for many weeks now, if not months (?). If construction had continued at the same pace it seems as if it would have been closed up by now. I'm essentially in the construction business, and the two things I could speculate about would be that they are waiting for delivery of mechanical equipment which they want to have in place before closing things up, or, they are awaiting on-site delivery of the architectural finishes required to finish up the crown.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 10:06 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you can see Terminus for 85 South just before you hit Spaghetti Junction. You can also see Park Avenue. SO, I can just imagine the view when 3344 Peachtree and the Mansion are completed with lighting effects and all. Very exciting.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2006, 10:31 PM
(Oo=vw=oO) .:R32

Does anyone know what is going on with the construction of this building? It seems to be at a standstill and for many weeks now.

Last edited by cactuspunk; Nov 16, 2006 at 10:41 PM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuspunk
Does anyone know what is going on with the construction of this building? It seems to be at a standstill and for many weeks now.
My guess would be that there's a lot of mechanicals going in on the "roof". They may have to finish up the HVAC systems, etc. before they close up the top.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuspunk
Its not at a standstill. Construction of the crown is just taking a long time. I notice a bit of progress every time I see it.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 7:31 PM

I was near Terminus yesterday and took a good look at the top. It looks like it’s going real slow, but there is some progress. From the GA 400 side as you exit at Lenox Rd (or is that the Buckhead loop?) you see the extension into the top of the V cutout on the building. It looks like they’re framing that part for the glass. It looks like it’s going to go real slow.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 6:59 PM

As many have said, the scale on this building is off. The base is large enough to accomodate a much taller building. The sloped crown at the top actually starts about midway up the building, which to me seems a little bit premature. And the sloped section from where it begins to the very top is a very large section, probably 250' in total height. They should have either started the sloped section about 75% or 80% up the building, or reduced the scale of the sloped section so that it isn't so large... things would look much more proportional. I still like the design. Its innovative, exciting, and a move in the right direction. But this thing could have taken some cues from One Atlantic Center or BOA Plaza, regarding the scale of the roof treatment.

Last edited by oldpainless; Nov 21, 2006 at 7:05 PM.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless
As many have said, the scale on this building is off. The base is large enough to accomodate a much taller building. The sloped crown at the top actually starts about midway up the building, which to me seems a little bit premature. And the sloped section from where it begins to the very top is a very large section, probably 250' in total height. They should have either started the sloped section about 75% or 80% up the building, or reduced the scale of the sloped section so that it isn't so large... things would look much more proportional. I still like the design. Its innovative, exciting, and a move in the right direction. But this thing could have taken some cues from One Atlantic Center or BOA Plaza, regarding the scale of the roof treatment.
You might be right, and I have wondered the same thing. But my experience tells me that what seems premature is our judgment of this building before it is completed. Terminus 100 might look much different when the complex crown is completed. Also, I suspect that the Terminus complex was designed as a whole, so that all of the buildings will complement each other. After all, this is a Cousins project -- the legacy development of the 75-year-old man who built the BOA Tower, and who names BOA and 191 Peachtree as his two favorite buildings. When all is said and done, I think we'll like it.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2006, 11:42 PM

I have to say that I just drove by there on my way home. Pictures that I have seen on here does not do it justice. This building originally was not one of my favorites, but I must say this thing in person looks phenomenal The crown work looks very complicated and maybe when it is finish it'll look in pictures as good as it looks in person. Btw, the base doesn't come off that big in person either.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania
I have to say that I just drove by there on my way home. Pictures that I have seen on here does not do it justice. This building originally was not one of my favorites, but I must say this thing in person looks phenomenal The crown work looks very complicated and maybe when it is finish it'll look in pictures as good as it looks in person. Btw, the base doesn't come off that big in person either.
I have to agree--this is looking better than I had originally thought.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:14 PM

Found this at Aerial innovations.com

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 7:54 PM
Love Austin

I took these in August of 2005. I'm looking forward to being back in Atlanta for Christmas and New Years.

Notice Realm rising in the background. Now that we have Novare in Austin, I hope to see more beauties such as that around here. Though Cousins did a great job here with Frost.

Here is a cool model they had in the trailer.

My last time in Atlanta before the August 2005 trip, this beaut had just broken ground.

Someone please tell me what treats Atlanta will offer up this time. Will the Atlantic break ground by then or will I only have Viewpoint and 1010 to gaze at? I plan to take a day and do nothing but check out existing projects that are U/C including 3344, the Mansion, TWELVE CP, Aqua, W and whichever other ones I’m missing. Hopefully someone can tell me of any others that are a must see.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 8:23 AM

I think that is all that will be UC by the time you will be here. I think by next spring/summer there will a lot more that break ground with some other nice projects proposed.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 9:32 AM
BANNED

What is that cylinder-shaped thing on the corner? Scenic elevator?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 11:16 AM

No, Daquan13 - Just some funky circular balconies.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive