HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: So, where do you live?
North Kildonan 9 16.67%
Transcona 3 5.56%
St.Boniface 2 3.70%
St.Vital 6 11.11%
Fort Garry 5 9.26%
St.James 5 9.26%
Charleswood 1 1.85%
Downtown 10 18.52%
Wolseley 4 7.41%
River Heights 5 9.26%
The bowels of the North End 2 3.70%
Point Douglas 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Oct 30, 2010, 4:11 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i know of 2 votes that are missing off that 1 for point douglas and one for the north end

Old Posted Oct 30, 2010, 4:12 PM

I live on Spence. Let's call that downtown.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2010, 8:09 PM

E.K. represent. The future north end of Winnipeg. (Chose North Kildonan since it was the closest on the list).

Old Posted Nov 1, 2010, 2:07 PM

I'd take part in the poll, but my neighbourhood (Luxton) is not represented...unless it's to be included in "the bowels of the North End."

Old Posted Nov 1, 2010, 4:54 PM

I'm in Riverview.

I like Luxton.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2010, 5:28 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a detailed neighbourhood boundary map for Winnipeg? I found a decent one, but it doesn't have street names....

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 4:22 AM
The Loyal Opposition

For such a map containing street names, you could try logging into the city's Crime Stat interactive map (iMap). Once in, near the top you will find a button to Filter By > Area. Click the "Area" button, then you will see options to refine your filter by either Neighbourhood, Electoral Ward or Police District. Click "Neighbourhood." In the listing that will then open, you will see that the neighbourhoods are quite specific, for instance Luxton is in the list.

Once you click a neighbourhood to highlight it, then click OK to apply the neighbourhood filter. It will then take you back to the street map and it will zoom you into the specific neighbourhood you selected where you can see the boundary's boarder drawn onto the street map. The map isn't the greatest image quality, but it does have street names on it which you can read better if you zoom in a bit. You can also freely move around on the city-wide map without filters, and at enough of a zoom you can see neighbourhoods listed with a thin red border for a boundary line. Also on your map, if you wish to turn off or select only certain crime icons, you can do that through Filter By > Crime Types.

Hope this helps.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/CrimeStat/

Last edited by DowntownWpg; Nov 2, 2010 at 4:42 AM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanscott View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a detailed neighbourhood boundary map for Winnipeg? I found a decent one, but it doesn't have street names....
The Sherlock maps are really good for that...
Or click on the various communities on on this census page for neighbourhood boundaries (major streets are on it):http://winnipeg.ca/census/2006/

Old Posted Nov 2, 2010, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownWpg View Post

For such a map containing street names, you could try logging into the city's Crime Stat interactive map (iMap). Once in, near the top you will find a button to Filter By > Area. Click the "Area" button, then you will see options to refine your filter by either Neighbourhood, Electoral Ward or Police District. Click "Neighbourhood." In the listing that will then open, you will see that the neighbourhoods are quite specific, for instance Luxton is in the list.

Once you click a neighbourhood to highlight it, then click OK to apply the neighbourhood filter. It will then take you back to the street map and it will zoom you into the specific neighbourhood you selected where you can see the boundary's boarder drawn onto the street map. The map isn't the greatest image quality, but it does have street names on it which you can read better if you zoom in a bit. You can also freely move around on the city-wide map without filters, and at enough of a zoom you can see neighbourhoods listed with a thin red border for a boundary line. Also on your map, if you wish to turn off or select only certain crime icons, you can do that through Filter By > Crime Types.

Hope this helps.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/CrimeStat/
It did--thanks.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan