HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:04 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Dunno what everyone else uses but this is my device of choice... PAX 2 herbal vape.

https://www.pax.com/products/pax-2?v...13409044299891

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:19 PM
be nice to the crackheads

My brother uses something similar.

Me, I'm old school. I don't smoke cigarettes or anything, but I love the taste of a smoking a nicely-rolled joint. As long as it's a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, my lungs don't seem to mind.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:21 PM

Vaping has recieved a lot of bad press lately. Is cannabis vaping as bad as other vaping other products?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
Vaping has recieved a lot of bad press lately. Is cannabis vaping as bad as other vaping other products?
If the THC is rendered in an oil then vaped through a pen, maybe. It depends on the oil that is used to render the THC, Vitamin E is the one that was causing issues AFAIK. If you use the Volcano type device that just pulls heat over actual cannabis, then it's fine.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Vaping is a very broad term that includes both the herbal/dry and liquid types. The only ones that have been problematic are the liquid ones that have used Vitamin E as a cutting agent. I am sure more issues will pop up in the future since there is literally 0 long-term data when it comes to this however what is available seems to to confirm that yes smoking is bad and that vaping is a much safer alternative. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-est020317.php

Otherwise vaping is known to release 1/100th the amount of smoke particles into the lungs because you aren't burning anything or transforming its properties. Merely heating it in tiny oven...

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:33 PM

Info from the CDC regarding their early stats about the outbreak of vaping related deaths. What was the common link? Vitamin E. Harmless and beneficial if ingested internally. Via the lungs? Death... 40+ and counting... https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...n-vaping-cases

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am new to all this stuff. A healthier alternative to smoking joints would be nice so I was looking at vaping and then I heard a bunch of bad stuff about in the media. Vaping dried cannabis flower is not what they were talking about. That is good to know. If that is the case I might invest in a small vape.

Cannabis oil and eddibles are cool but the effect lasts a little to long for my liking.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 12:14 AM

No worries. As you can tell from the early postings on here there are A LOT of misconceptions when it comes to cannabis, vaping, but it's an industry that clearly has as many fans as detractors. Not that it's going anywhere. Just like alcohol, tobacco, Big Sugar...

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 11:32 PM

Edibles are SOLD OUT in Ontario after one day... https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tore-1.5428912

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 11:35 PM

New products available in Alberta... https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...get-in-alberta

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 2:39 PM

Well this thread has really hashed out

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 9:07 PM

Anyone else snag edibles this week at a store near you? Bought myself some Aurora Drift Chocolate Chip cookies to split with my mom. Haven't tried them yet but probably this weekend...

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford1 View Post
Well this thread has really hashed out
Well the whole nation is going to pot, at it were. We all need to get stoned one way or another... I much prefer the non-violent kind...

Update on the cookies: Delicious and very strong lasting. Took much longer to kick in than most edible products (2+ hours which is on the longer side) but it gave me a nice giggly head high whilst watching a Melissa McCarthy double-header (Tammy and Spy) with my mom... She said it gave her a great deep sleep even if it kicked in for her after the movies had ended...

Also was finally able to get my hands on Canada's #1 selling strain after it was sold out for weeks after the Holiday break, San Rafael '71 Pink Kush. Still my all round top strain for pain, anxiety and insomnia relief which is ONE of the many reasons why I began to use cannabis in the first place.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 3:24 AM

Is hash even available? I haven't seen it any where.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Is hash even available? I haven't seen it any where.
Yes, but companies aren't producing it apparently... Kinda like the chain Fire + Flower which said it would have fully grown seedlings to purchase in store. That has yet to happen... Gee I wonder why.

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/...sale-in-canada

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 8:23 PM

Looking to try one of the infused beers soon, no stores here have it yet. Probably $20/can anyway lol.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Looking to try one of the infused beers soon, no stores here have it yet. Probably $20/can anyway lol.
I doubt that but overpriced no doubt like most "legal" products. I'd be more concerned with the super-low THC limits. 10 mg is pretty low and I somehow think that some batches aren't being mixed properly, a problem that happened with edibles in the USA when legalization happened. One product of edibles from Aurora Drift (Chocolate chip cookies) worked well and seemed to be the dose claimed. The next? Sea-salt and caramel chocolate squares didn't despite consuming the same dose on paper. Go figure. Still delicious though just overpriced without the giggle factor.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
I doubt that but overpriced no doubt like most "legal" products. I'd be more concerned with the super-low THC limits. 10 mg is pretty low and I somehow think that some batches aren't being mixed properly, a problem that happened with edibles in the USA when legalization happened. One product of edibles from Aurora Drift (Chocolate chip cookies) worked well and seemed to be the dose claimed. The next? Sea-salt and caramel chocolate squares didn't despite consuming the same dose on paper. Go figure. Still delicious though just overpriced without the giggle factor.
10mg isn't bad, there are some capsules I tried while I had a cold and wanted to save my throat, and I was quite impressed with them. They had 10mg of THC and 8.7 of CBD and 1 gave a good buzz, 2 and I was baked lol.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
10mg isn't bad, there are some capsules I tried while I had a cold and wanted to save my throat, and I was quite impressed with them. They had 10mg of THC and 8.7 of CBD and 1 gave a good buzz, 2 and I was baked lol.
I've really seen them run the gamut with the same dosing which makes me highly suspicious. Also the fact that after-market testing in the US showed how widespread the problem is. I'd love someone to do the same here but knowing the state of journalism in this nation that probably isn't likely...

I have been a fan of the Solei balance CBD oil as a non-psychoactive pain therapy as well. Worth the $23.99 it's retailing for. It also really helps with mental fatigue at work. I call it the "Focusyn Effect." You feel really task oriented and energetic within 5 minutes since it's a sub-lingual oil...

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 3:50 AM

Canucklehead...
Help me out. Where can I get straight CBD gell caps. If they exist?
I get migraines all the time. Took 2 pills but they did have some TCH in them.
Pain was gone but I didn’t like the high.
If someone came up with straight CBD pills they’d put Tylenol and the like out of business.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada