HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 9:18 PM

The website was still down when I looked around 6:00PM Sunday. Nothing on the landing page but if you try and search for flights you get a "technical difficulties" message.

It's very strange that it's been down for two days but there is nothing posted about the outage on Flair's Twitter or Facebook pages.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 2:58 PM

Website still down as of 5 minutes ago. I wonder of they are having issues with (or lost) their payment processer? I know they had a dispute over them withholding 25 million from Flair that came to light a couple of weeks ago. (CC companies worried about liability for disputed charges if Flair goes under I assume)

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Website still down as of 5 minutes ago. I wonder of they are having issues with (or lost) their payment processer? I know they had a dispute over them withholding 25 million from Flair that came to light a couple of weeks ago. (CC companies worried about liability for disputed charges if Flair goes under I assume)
If they are still using InteliSys as their reservation software, I used to work for them and we would turn off their booking sites if they were late on payments, it was a last resort to try and get payment from the airline, but would indicate that the airline is having financial troubles.
They may also be switching reservation software which could be the reason for the down time, again though InteliSys would only shut off the website if the airline owed a significant amount of money.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 5:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Very interesting.

This is the latest from the SSP Canada section airport thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044 View Post
Many interesting comments but this one is the most interesting from the A.net

"Word on the street is that their credit card processor cut off all processing last Friday mid day and that switching to a new processor is very difficult to do on a short timeline. These integrations some times take months. Thats assuming they find a processor willing to take them on which is also far from certain. The processing business is a small industry and the chatter is very loud. This is not a run of the mill technology issue with their website. My prediction is that they are done by this Thursday latest, next payroll day. Wait until all media starts reporting, the walls will close in very quickly."
It would appear the deathwatch is underway.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Very interesting.

This is the latest from the SSP Canada section airport thread:

It would appear the deathwatch is underway.
Brief story already up on the Financial Post and Edmonton Journal website....ends with the notation "developing story more to come"

Don't think I'd want to be holding tickets for tomorrow's YSJ-Orlando flight. You might get there but it might be a long walk home.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 5:59 PM

I feel bad for this kid who just won free flights on Flair for a year......

https://twitter.com/flairairlines/st...53590232608993

Interesting that Flair has posted nothing on social media about the website's inability to process reservations or payments.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 7:51 AM

Quote:
I feel bad for this kid who just won free flights on Flair for a year......

https://twitter.com/flairairlines/st...53590232608993

Interesting that Flair has posted nothing on social media about the website's inability to process reservations or payments.
As of 4:45 am Flair seems to be up and running again tup. Hope he books his flights!!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
As of 4:45 am Flair seems to be up and running again tup. Hope he books his flights!!

Booking future flights on Flair would seem to be a bit of a gamble to me. Fine if you want to take the chance but you'd want to be financially prepared (and able) to buy flights home if you happened to be mid trip when the music stops.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Booking future flights on Flair would seem to be a bit of a gamble to me. Fine if you want to take the chance but you'd want to be financially prepared (and able) to buy flights home if you happened to be mid trip when the music stops.
Glitch in their booking system. All airlines have had issues in the past. Think positive thoughts 😊.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 2:42 PM

Positive thoughts are great but I don't see them surviving in their current incarnation. Maybe if they pivoted to more of a Transat model with cheap charter flights to sun destinations 7 months of the year and the same to North American tourist destinations during the summer season? IDK if their model of 737's are ETOPS certified. If they are maybe UK tourist flights in summer as well.

I just can't see them surviving trying to connect a bunch of Canadian cities as a scheduled airline.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces