HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In Real Life View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/re...era/ar-BBZjVnC

From the article: "And the evolution will continue with the Light Building on lower Broadway, Jefferson Bank’s 12-story headquarters near the Pearl, the mixed-use 1603 Broadway just getting underway down the street and CPS Energy’s new headquarters..."

Has anyone been by there and seen them beginning to prep for this project? I went by before the holidays and it still looked like the plot was being used as parking for the crew working on the Credit Human HQ.

I hadn't heard anything on this project in a while. I'm willing to admit I may be grasping at straws here, but I'm hopeful this is a sign the project will break ground soon.

Excellent article by the way!!!
Yes, and let's hope so.....

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Excellent article by the way!!!
Yes, and let's hope so.....
I came across a few additional renderings and project details on Transwestern's website: http://tinyurl.com/yx82fuqs

Gensler's site also has some tidbits: http://tinyurl.com/u2zyjbt

Gensler opened an office on Houston Street, about three blocks from my office, last year. I'd be surprised if this project doesn't get underway by Q3 2020. Hopefully sooner.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 9:04 PM
James

I still love this don't get me wrong. But they could have done an infinity pool over the southern edge. That would have been really nice. Instead of taking the building over as a block... to add height of course, they could have made the pool on the south and kept the building on the northern edge.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 10:29 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

This is a great looking project. Just hope the negotiations with the W don't go sideways like the last time the W tried to establish a home in SA.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2020, 10:35 PM

Wow! Really cool. Just cant beat what's going on in The SATX!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 4:34 PM

An article in the San Antonio Business Journal, titled "Big Moves", states that the co-working company, Spaces, has already leased square footage in this building.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 2:37 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
An article in the San Antonio Business Journal, titled "Big Moves", states that the co-working company, Spaces, has already leased square footage in this building.
Subscribe to get the full story.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 1:15 AM

Does anyone know when they will start on this project? Feels like I been waiting for a good while on this one.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:44 PM

Has anybody heard any updates on this one? Do we know if this is still in the works or if it was a victim of COVID?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:49 PM

it's a victim of Gray Street....I know that comment will rankle KingWilliam but that group has shown no semblance of putting together a smaller development. I can't imagine them getting a 20 story building completed without partnering with a more established outfit. I've heard from others that the SA Light/Connector building has been a mess.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 9:19 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
it's a victim of Gray Street....I know that comment will rankle KingWilliam but that group has shown no semblance of putting together a smaller development. I can't imagine them getting a 20 story building completed without partnering with a more established outfit. I've heard from others that the SA Light/Connector building has been a mess.
Why would speculative hearsay rankle me?

No one here knows the status of this development, so no one here should try and pretend they do.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Why would speculative hearsay rankle me?

No one here knows the status of this development, so no one here should try and pretend they do.
I was only trying to connect some speculative dots. We can agree that their renderings look great and I'd love for them to come to fruition. Its just that I don't know if that team has the bandwidth to take on a 20 story building if they are having issues with a five story rehab with an addition.

Would love to see this one happen, hope it does.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 4:11 AM
The Space Pope

The chain-link fence that was surrounding the perimeter for months has been taken down and the work vehicles that parked there in the empty lot are gone. It really looks like this project has been cancelled or at least put on hold.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinggryphon View Post
The chain-link fence that was surrounding the perimeter for months has been taken down and the work vehicles that parked there in the empty lot are gone. It really looks like this project has been cancelled or at least put on hold.
Disappointing if true. I was looking forward to this one.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 7:30 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Dang it. That's the second W Hotel project to bite-the-dust in S.A.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinggryphon View Post
I think that was used for parking / storage for construction of the credit human building. So, I doubt the removal has any bearing on the project. Though, seems it could have been dead already.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 11:54 PM
James

From Feb 2021, Pandemic derails GrayStreet Partner’s plans for Broadway East, delays W Hotel

Quote:
Since 2018, GrayStreet has had plans to build a 20-story tower on lower Broadway with offices and a hotel operating under Marriott’s W Hotel banner. The hotel was projected to open in January of next year, but it has not yet broken ground.

That project has been delayed because it took longer than expected to raise equity capital, Covey said.

“Unfortunately it pushed the project back enough that Covid eliminated the debt market for new office and hotel development,” he said.

The project is on hold “until the debt markets come back,” he said.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 6:42 PM

I think this is the same spot.

GrayStreet sells Pearl-area land, site of proposed mixed-use project, to Fulcrum

https://www.expressnews.com/business...f-16406599.php

GrayStreet Partners has sold a swath of land across Broadway from the Pearl where the local firm had planned to develop a massive mixed-use community to another San Antonio-based developer.

A limited partnership linked to Fulcrum Development purchased about 14.6 acres last week from entities affiliated with GrayStreet and its executives, property records show.

It’s unclear what the firm paid for the parcels, which stretch from Broadway past North Hackberry Street and between Casa Blanca and Carson streets.

Fulcrum, a privately-held real estate company founded in 1989, has built retail and office developments in north, northwest and west San Antonio as well as Schertz. The Pearl-area site appears to be its first in the city’s center.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 7:11 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkirbythe.... View Post
I think this is the same spot.

GrayStreet sells Pearl-area land, site of proposed mixed-use project, to Fulcrum

https://www.expressnews.com/business...f-16406599.php

GrayStreet Partners has sold a swath of land across Broadway from the Pearl where the local firm had planned to develop a massive mixed-use community to another San Antonio-based developer.

A limited partnership linked to Fulcrum Development purchased about 14.6 acres last week from entities affiliated with GrayStreet and its executives, property records show.

It’s unclear what the firm paid for the parcels, which stretch from Broadway past North Hackberry Street and between Casa Blanca and Carson streets.

Fulcrum, a privately-held real estate company founded in 1989, has built retail and office developments in north, northwest and west San Antonio as well as Schertz. The Pearl-area site appears to be its first in the city’s center.
This is a completely separate parcel from 1603

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 8:09 PM

Can you move it to the correct thread then?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio