HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 3:22 PM

The Banjo Bowl is apparently sold out - atmosphere will be insane.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life
If people want to see a bloodbath, attend IGF this Sunday.
Not sure if people are getting confused by the current discussion, but just for the record, this year's Banjo Bowl is in fact on Saturday, not Sunday.

Having the Banjo Bowl on Saturday at least allows more Rider fans to travel to Winnipeg without having to miss work. However, for the most part, the CFL should do its own thing and not worry about the NFL. People who stay home to watch NFL should be considered to be primarily NFL fans rather than CFL fans. Personally, as a CFL fan, I'd be more annoyed about TSN scheduling games on Thursday nights, as well as with the continual screwy scheduling of Argos games. (Not to mention the whole debacle around penalty calls and coaches' challenges.)

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Esquire, do you know if parking is available at the Agriculture Faculty of the University during gameday? Or is that all assigned parking on weekends?
All parking on U of M campus is for event day activities. The team's website has more details if you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
This Sunday specifically is a terrible day for anything other than NFL. Opening day down south pulls people out of the stands for Banjo Bowl. I have a few friends who didnt go to Banjo Bowl on Sundays, to stay at home and watch NFL. Nevermind all the people who dont go to games, but watch on TV.

Saturday for Banjo Bowl is perfect. No crossover with NFL. Get to indulge a bit more, without having to worry about work on Monday morning. Perfect fit, IMO.
Sunday for Banjo Bowl is horrible. Having the game on Saturday allows people to come in from Saskatchewan to watch their team lose badly and still make it back home to milk the cows on Monday morning. If the game was on Sunday the RCMP would have a very busy night pulling over all the impaired combine drivers heading west on the TransCanada after the game.

In terms of the atmosphere of the game on Saturday it will all depend on how close the score is. If it is a blow out early on either way it will really kill the atmosphere. The best outcome would be a close game with the Bombers leading by 7-10 points until scoring another 7 just after the 3 minute warning.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 4:02 PM

^ I am willing to sacrifice atmosphere to watch the Bombers administer a full scale blowout to top that one the Riders laid on us back in 2012.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
You beat me to it. $20 to park over by Ag.

Personally I find driving to IGF to be a hassle unless you get there really early... coming from the south also seems to be a bit quicker. I'd recommend the BRT if it's at all conveniently located to you, Vanriderfan.
That's what I thought. I'm stopping at my niece's place on Portage Ave (near Moray Street) prior to the game. So I thought we would head down Rte 96 to the Superstore parking lot near Chancellor and park and walk from there. After the game we would head south to the Perimeter take No 2 to Starbuck and rejoin the TCH from there.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Sunday for Banjo Bowl is horrible. Having the game on Saturday allows people to come in from Saskatchewan to watch their team lose badly and still make it back home to milk the cows on Monday morning. If the game was on Sunday the RCMP would have a very busy night pulling over all the impaired combine drivers heading west on the TransCanada after the game.
You guys need to come up with some new material. Sheesh, you're better than that Winterpeg!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 5:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
You guys need to come up with some new material. Sheesh, you're better than that Winterpeg!
Umm, speaking of coming up with new material........

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 5:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryb View Post
sunday for banjo bowl is horrible. Having the game on saturday allows people to come in from saskatchewan to watch their team lose badly and still make it back home to milk the cows on monday morning. If the game was on sunday the rcmp would have a very busy night pulling over all the impaired combine drivers heading west on the transcanada after the game.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
We'll start using Raincouver!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 6:58 PM

Sorry to Clarence Denmark is going to sit on the bench because the big money free agents have returned from injury. And by the way, can't believe Saskatchewan cut him loose (recognizing that the Bombers also cut him loose).

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Nice to see you caught the irony. You guys aren't really that dense after all!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 9:22 PM

^ yeah,

I was about to post the obligatory tractor image but then I thought, I'd be reminded that we are also surrounded by farmland as well and have an extensive agricultural base contributing to our overall economy or that the farming industry and the food we eat is crucial to the livelihood of many individuals and shouldn't be poked fun at. Then I may also get the quality of said Sask. tractors is better than than those in Man. leading to an extensive debate and re-post of the same tractor image in an endless loop of meaningless posts.

So I didn't..

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
^ yeah,

I was about to post the obligatory tractor image but then I thought, I'd be reminded that we are also surrounded by farmland as well and have an extensive agricultural base contributing to our overall economy or that the farming industry and the food we eat is crucial to the livelihood of many individuals and shouldn't be poked fun at. Then I may also get the quality of said Sask. tractors is better than than those in Man. leading to an extensive debate and re-post of the same tractor image in an endless loop of meaningless posts.

So I didn't..
Doesn't everyone outside perimeter road cheer for the Riders anyway?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
In other words, the 1-9 record isn't bad enough? you think it should be 0-10?
Are you Jeffrey Orridge?
Thanks for proving my point with the Orridge comment. The league is not out to get the Riders as many seem to think given the suspect PI call in last week's game. Why? Because an equally suspect call was made against Ottawa that allowed the Riders to move into field goal position to eventually win the game. Not only that, but the Riders benefited from a non-call shortly after _ the Sask defender was not penalized for PI on the Ottawa receiver that would have put Ottawa in a position to kick the winning field goal.

Bad calls tend to even out over the course of the season. There is no conspiracy against the Riders.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 7:32 AM
There is always a way

Yeah I was gonna say that a lot of the riders' pain this season was self inflicted. Was the league just supposed to turn a blind eye to the violations sk was committing?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 1:53 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
In other words, the 1-9 record isn't bad enough? you think it should be 0-10?
Are you Jeffrey Orridge?
Well, I think 1-9 is flattering the Riders thus season. They've been an absolute joke on the field and our do it all leader has shown us to be a joke off the field as well. I'd have to go back to the Ford days to be this embarrassed by the organization. Violations, allowing someone with anti-Semitism feelings on the team. Seriously embarrassed am I. I'm not the only Rider fan ticked off by all the stupidity Chris has brought to the organization.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Thanks for proving my point with the Orridge comment. The league is not out to get the Riders as many seem to think given the suspect PI call in last week's game. Why? Because an equally suspect call was made against Ottawa that allowed the Riders to move into field goal position to eventually win the game. Not only that, but the Riders benefited from a non-call shortly after _ the Sask defender was not penalized for PI on the Ottawa receiver that would have put Ottawa in a position to kick the winning field goal.

Bad calls tend to even out over the course of the season. There is no conspiracy against the Riders.
Jeffrey Orridge comment was supposed to be a Joke (a bad one).
You do seem to be hung up on penalties though? even going back to a game against Ottawa?
Game's over ... Winnipeg won.
Officiating has really sucked this year. Hurts everyone, most of all - the league.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 7:35 PM
There is always a way

If you watch any sports other than cfl football then you would know that officials are only human like the rest of us and that officiating often sucks in every league. The calls in the long term even out towards a mean. Some definitely affect game outcomes ( winnipeg has ended up on the short end of the stick for our fair share perhaps) but I don't think the cfl is particularly worse than the nfl for instance

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 7:42 PM
BANNED

30 minutes to slaughter!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 11:30 PM
BANNED

Bombers win again!
7-4

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan