HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 8:19 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I'm sorry, but no. This development does not resemble sugarland town center. If any development in SA resembled Sugarland Town Center, it'd be the Rim or on a smaller scale Legacy.

I'm sorry, but that comparison is just hyperbolic rubbish imo.
If you would read my comments I said it was a combination of Sugarland and the Pearl It has a lot of elements of both, positive and negative. Also, I said very explicitly that overall this is a positive project for the south side.

Quote:
Just be thankful that an abandoned brewery is being transformed
I have said this here before, but I used to work for a time in economic development, and I get so sick and tired of the constant blind boosterism and cheerleading in this town (I'm looking at you, Rivard Report). Not every new development is necessarily positive, and I think this one in particular has some issues to work out.

Last edited by Keep-SA-Lame; May 19, 2016 at 8:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
And you are more than allowed to.
Thanks!

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
If you would read my comments I said it was a combination of Sugarland and the Pearl It has a lot of elements of both, positive and negative. Also, I said very explicitly that overall this is a positive project for the south side.

I have said this here before, but I used to work for a time in economic development, and I get so sick and tired of the constant blind boosterism and cheerleading in this town (I'm looking at you, Rivard Report). Not every new development is necessarily positive, and I think this one in particular has some issues to work out.
What kind of issues?

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 8:49 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
I agree. I am not a fan of blind boosterism either. But, in all sincere honesty, the only real issue you seem to take with this development is grounded in an established bias.

SA is a car centric city and any modern day development will always address that. Be it an urban or suburban development.

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
After all the hype, it's disappointing how mundane this development looks. There are opportunities to develop this in a more urban way but that is not evident in this plan. This is designed like a suburban shopping center when it could have been designed like an actual "district".

It is a pattern of negativity with certain people on this forum.
It is a very "obvious" pattern.
How truly sad that is.
I just hope their lives get better.

Make it a GREAT day!!

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
It is a pattern of critical thinking and holding development to a higher set of standards with certain people on this forum.
It is a very "obvious" pattern.
How truly useful that is.
I recognize that their personal lives have no relevance to their opinions on urban development, and to comment about their personal lives comes very close to engaging in ad hominem attack.

Make it a GREAT day!!
I agree.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 2:31 AM

Quote:
I agree.

Too funny!
But too defensive.

That's my constructive opinion.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 10:49 AM

I for one agree with SKW here. This looks great and is consistent with expectations for an adaptive reuse project for this area in this city at this time. The complaint here is that they still haven't found a solution for the scrap metal recycling facility next door. That facility is impossible to avoid. It is the only front door to this place. You must drive past it to enter. It is a non-starter. Without a solution this project will not launch as evidenced by decades of failed launches citing that recycling plant's inability to be relocated.

Old Posted May 23, 2016, 5:49 AM

This area has so much potential, viewing from above.

Old Posted May 23, 2016, 11:21 AM

Great picture Raul! And thanks for cutting out that scrap metal plant! I wonder if this does get going, if the developers will start scooping up and bidding up the surrounding properties much like Silver ventures has done with the Pearl....

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanfromTexas View Post
Great picture Raul! And thanks for cutting out that scrap metal plant! I wonder if this does get going, if the developers will start scooping up and bidding up the surrounding properties much like Silver ventures has done with the Pearl....

You mean this place?

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post

You mean this place?
It's so ugly yet your pictures are so purty!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 2:43 AM

http://therivardreport.com/ambitious...-star-brewery/

This is the first time I've seen any conceptual renderings. Looks a lot like the Pearl. I hope it can have the same effect for Southtown!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 11:11 PM

I like it a lot. Hope they can be successful renting space and get it underway soon.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 11:53 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Yancey View Post
I like it a lot. Hope they can be successful renting space and get it underway soon.
Oh they'll be successful. San Antonio's market can handle it and there are plenty of retailers that should be in San Antonio that aren't yet as well as locals that could expand to new locations.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 5:58 AM

Lone Star Brewery Unveils First Major Tenants

Author: DANIEL KLEIFGEN
THE RIVARD REPORT
Date: 5 October, 2016 at 17:32
http://therivardreport.com/lone-star...major-tenants/

Quote:
Though still uncertain, the Lone Star Brewery District‘s character came into clearer focus Tuesday with the announcement of two future tenants – an international movie theater chain and an expanding, Denver-based bar and restaurant that targets Millennials with vintage games and a “dirty modern” feel.

“We are thrilled to announce Cinemark and Punch Bowl Social as the first major tenants at the Lone Star Brewery District,” CBL Properties & Associates, Inc. Vice President of Development David Neuhoff stated in an email. “Both of these exciting entertainment venues fill a void in the Southtown market and fit perfectly with our vision of providing San Antonio with an unparalleled entertainment, retail, and dining experience.”
I understand that San Antonio is movie going city, but a 10 screen theater on that site feels like a bad fit. Especially with the nearby arts influenced areas of Blue Star and South Flores. If it was maybe a smaller scale, a place that hosted local film festivals, or somehow supported local industry then maybe. Otherwise, to me, these 2 tenants give it a strip mall feel.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 5:07 PM

I'm afraid Lone Star is gonna be more like the Quarry or the Rim than like the Pearl.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 6:09 PM
James

I kind of wish it was Alamo Drafthouse that was going in there. They have special events and such, could have been fun.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
I kind of wish it was Alamo Drafthouse that was going in there. They have special events and such, could have been fun.
This.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 10:11 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
I'm afraid Lone Star is gonna be more like the Quarry or the Rim than like the Pearl.
In terms of tenants, maybe. Though I believe it'll be more a hybrid of those two and the Pearl.

But, it won't be either of those two in terms of its design, its look and its feel.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio