HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Trump Wilshire in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Los Angeles Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 12:58 AM
them bones

Thumbs up LOS ANGELES | Trump Wilshire - Ambassador | HEIGHT | 125 FLOORS | 1990 | NEVER BUILT

I remember as a kid being very excited at the prospect of the world's tallest building in LA. And of course it would not have been downtown, but in the Mid-Wilshire area. It would have been built on the site of the Ambassador Hotel, most notable for being the site of the RFK assassination. It would have been 1 block from the Wilshire/Normandie Metro station. I wonder if any of the other LA forumers have more info on this?

Source: Antelope Valley Press, April 15, 1990

The article mentions the LAUSD wanting to take over the site, which they eventually did. The hotel was demolished in 2006, but I am unsure whether or not the new high school has opened on the site as of yet.

Richard Keating of SOM designed the winning scheme for Trump, a 125 story monster of a tower (there would have been a hotel component as well).

Source of images below: Master Architect Series II: Richard Keating

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects