HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 4:16 PM
Community Guy

They were just audited, told to justify their $20mil budget and focus on the local economy.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake View Post
I'm struggling to come up with a connection between the NDP suggesting the Premier not waste tax-payers money and YEG-Europe flights. It seems awfully likely that you're just attempting to shoehorn your political opinion into this thread for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
That, as well as Cage is dreaming if he thinks UCP voters in Calgary or anywhere in Alberta think it's OK for bureaucrats to stay in posh 5* hotels. It's not OK nor is 1st Class unless sitting with the Premier and he was not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
I've read a lot of stupid posts in this thread, but this one is right up there
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044 View Post
I disagree with Cage but i appreciate his insights into the aviation industry. It is generally balanced. I believe it was a waste of taxpayers money but i am in no way an NDP booster. It's easy to Google the waste union leaders exhibit and that is who the NDP stand by. Just facts.

Maybe we should be talking more about this story.
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...o-tighten-role
How much does EEDC actually do for the Capital Region? We keep on talking about businesses or lack there of and i thought this "body" was supposed to do something to help on that front. I use the word help loosely as i admit i don't know much about EEDC.
One of Edmonton's largest industries is the provincial civil service. If you think its a waste for anyone to fly first class or stay at first class hotels in London to attract investment to Alberta, then don't be surprised when airlines that require 20-30 first class flyers skip over YEG-Europe.

The WS Dreamliners, with one of the smallest first class cabins, can't make YEG-LON work without Premium cabin being filled despite the economy cabins near oversell.

Downtown Calgary accepts that executives routinely go to Europe, London global banking city in particular. I have 2 executives in London this week and they will probably be back in London in January. We are actively seeking $200 million equity for a new venture.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
One of Edmonton's largest industries is the provincial civil service. If you think its a waste for anyone to fly first class or stay at first class hotels in London to attract investment to Alberta, then don't be surprised when airlines that require 20-30 first class flyers skip over YEG-Europe.

The WS Dreamliners, with one of the smallest first class cabins, can't make YEG-LON work without Premium cabin being filled despite the economy cabins near oversell.

Downtown Calgary accepts that executives routinely go to Europe, London global banking city in particular. I have 2 executives in London this week and they will probably be back in London in January. We are actively seeking $200 million equity for a new venture.
I'm sure you would be fine when the NDP was in power if they did the same thing right? We all know the answer to that. It's a bit of a reach to compare private companies flying executives to government who says there broke flying them..but I get it your a UCP cheerleader and will support them no matter what

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post

Are you serious....what a joke of a post.

BTW, the Calgary Sun (yes the Sun) was very critical of the way the UCP is behaving including the travel expenses.

As an executive who used to travel extensively overseas, I don't think the expenses were out of line. But makes no sense to turn this into a Edmonton (NDP) vs Calgary (UCP) thing. Frankly, you made a fool out of yourself.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:48 PM

United will be operating a second daily flight to Houston on Saturdays in March.

Old Posted Today, 1:46 AM
Community Guy

Great to hear, love that flight!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Today, 7:45 PM

Edmonton International Airport
Passenger Statistics for Oct 2019 --

Highlights:
§ Terminal Traffic: 599,718 passengers (6,427,829 Year-to-date)
Domestic 504,236 passengers (5,295,622 Year-to-date)
Transborder 81,057 passengers (787,023 Year-to-date)
International 14,425 passengers (345,184 Year-to-date)

§ FBO Traffic*: 44,576 passengers (418,286 Year-to-date)

§ Grand Total: Month overall 644,294 passengers (6,846,115 Year-to-date)

Growth%:
§ Terminal: -5.5% (-2.1% Year-to-date)
Q Domestic -7.0% (-2.2% Year-to-date)
Q Transborder +11.4% (+1.2% Year-to-date)
Q International -26.4% (-6.5% Year-to-date)

§ FBO Traffic: +6.3% (+17.9% Year-to-date)
§ Grand Total: Month overall -4.7% (-0.1% Year-to-date)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton