HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
South of the Sound Table.
This stretch of Edgewood already has a lot of great establishments, including the best restaurant in the city and a top 10 in the county, Staplehouse. And I think that the area is going to really take off after this gets built.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
This stretch of Edgewood already has a lot of great establishments, including the best restaurant in the city and a top 10 in the county, Staplehouse. And I think that the area is going to really take off after this gets built.
Yep, between the EST and downtown is going to continue to grow as one of the most interesting places in the southeastern U.S.. I absolutely agree we will see more residential and offices go in that will supplement the fantastic buildings and establishments that already exist.

This is why I push for higher density around king memorial station and better land use in general. We don’t need more surface parking a block away from that station with the new senior living and medical expansion proposal.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 4:06 PM

Catalyst Student Housing

This project has just broken ground.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/eberl...244443648-Ntri

Quote:

It is now a 187-unit student housing project. Permits were filed a few weeks ago at 1040 Hampton Street and the site includes twenty parcels between Waffle House and the gas station on the corner of 10th Street.

the site plan

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Yep, between the EST and downtown is going to continue to grow as one of the most interesting places in the southeastern U.S.. I absolutely agree we will see more residential and offices go in that will supplement the fantastic buildings and establishments that already exist.

This is why I push for higher density around king memorial station and better land use in general. We don’t need more surface parking a block away from that station with the new senior living and medical expansion proposal.
Development in this area is great, but more needs to be done to treat the endemic crime over around edgewood. Seems like every other month someone is shot in that area. I personally know people who have been robbed at gunpoint outside of the bars there in broad daylight. Hopefully this dissipates with the increased development, but if it doesn't then it may stifle development moving forward.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
Development in this area is great, but more needs to be done to treat the endemic crime over around edgewood. Seems like every other month someone is shot in that area. I personally know people who have been robbed at gunpoint outside of the bars there in broad daylight. Hopefully this dissipates with the increased development, but if it doesn't then it may stifle development moving forward.
Needs more eyes/activity on the street throughout the day. Increased residential and foottraffic will help during the day at least.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
This project has just broken ground.
Re: catalyst site plan, I hate that they don’t own the portion of land to extend Ethel Street. That would be such a win for the area.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 3:13 PM

Based on permit status, there are a few more projects that are close to starting construction.

555 Boulevard - Ready to issue

675 Drewery street - Approved pending arborist final approval

628 Edgewood - Ready to issue

982 Memorial Drive - Ready to issue

400 Bishop Street - Issued

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Oct 5, 2019 at 6:14 PM.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2019, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Based on permit status, there are a few more projects that are close to starting construction.

555 Boulevard - Ready to issue

675 Drewery street - Approved pending arborist final approval

628 Edgewood - Ready to issue

982 Memorial Drive - Ready to issue

400 Bishop Street - Issued
If these projects go up, i think id find them more interesting to follow than some of the high rises going up. These are all great infill across several neighborhoods. Each will add to the walkability if Atlanta and help tilt their respective neighborhoods towards more urban.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 1:03 AM

Quote:
The Midtown Development Review Committee saw a follow-up application for Toll Brothers' 17-story residential project at 250 14th Street. The home builder returned with proposed changes made to the ground level of the project based on DRC recommendations.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Oct 9, 2019 at 8:04 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 12:16 PM

Love that parking garage.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 8:05 PM

Midtown DRC Recap

Project Updates
The design team, Brock Hudgins Architects, incorporated previous feedback from the committee and returned with a sophisticated modernist building that merges the energy of Midtown’s commercial core with the distinct character of the residential neighborhood. The updated design features a covered ground floor area with casual seating and outdoor fireplace. This semi-private space facilitates an admirable transition between the public sidewalk and the private residential lobby and provides a unique and flexible indoor/outdoor amenity space.

DRC Recommendations
The committee was supportive of the design changes and focused their comments on two main issues:

The need to prevent through traffic in the narrow alley at the rear of the building
The quality and fabrication of required screening for the rear utilities and parking deck lighting. The DRC recommended the lighting to be recessed ‘can’ lights or up-lighting to provide safety and create an ambient glow least impactful to adjacent residential neighbors.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 11:14 PM

Centennial Lofts rendering

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Nice!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

Not what I was expecting but not bad. I was confused at first but I assume the street in the rendering is the new street that they will build.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 7:07 PM

The street shown in supposed to be Centennial Park Drive I believe.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2019, 8:25 PM

This is the site. The rendering appears to be looking south from North Avenue with Centennial Olympic Park drive on the left. There was a site plan posted on here somewhere and I do remember that the tallest building will be the farthest from Centennial Olympic Park Drive.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
This is the site. The rendering appears to be looking south from North Avenue with Centennial Olympic Park drive on the left. There was a site plan posted on here somewhere and I do remember that the tallest building will be the farthest from Centennial Olympic Park Drive.

How old is this satellite image? Google maps has an updated view.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 3:51 PM

This is what's replacing the Emerson project. Graydon Buckhead

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 4:27 PM

Meh. But if that's what can get built then whatever.

Think they want this place to sound high class? They hit thesaurus.com pretty hard.
Quote:
perfect, prestigious, gorgeous, luxurious, soaring, Abundant, dramatically, Immaculate, pure excellence.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
This is what's replacing the Emerson project. Graydon Buckhead
Reminds me of a nicer skyhouse

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta