HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 7:03 PM

This BRT and others could tie into Marta Midtown and Arts Center and eventually continue over the future 15th St./I-75 flyover and up to 285.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 8:25 PM

Or the #BRT route propose din city design, which would continue north to Buckhead essentially to Roswell Road. With LRT up the EST to Lindbergh as well as the Clifton Corridor a decade or more out in front of us, this would encourage infill development and transit ridership in the interim and provide more support than just the Peachtree/HRT spine of our transportation system.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 1:19 AM

Northside Drive Student Housing

I haven's seen anything on this site since this was considered for a hotel (Hotel Cameron).

It is now a 187-unit student housing project. Permits were filed a few weeks ago at 1040 Hampton Street and the site includes twenty parcels between Waffle House and the gas station on the corner of 10th Street.

the site plan

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 4:18 AM

Great infill that will make the block more cohesive and give it a more urban feel.
It probably won't be long before the blocks across the street are redeveloped since West Midtown is booming.

Does anyone know what is being built south of 10th? I thought it was supposed to be a Quiktrip.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I haven's seen anything on this site since this was considered for a hotel (Hotel Cameron).

It is now a 187-unit student housing project. Permits were filed a few weeks ago at 1040 Hampton Street and the site includes twenty parcels between Waffle House and the gas station on the corner of 10th Street.

the site plan
I been waiting for 10th Street between Northside and Howell Mill to see some action. Hopefully this and the Toll Brothers apartments kick it off.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 10:59 PM

Looks like a nice little project and a great location for student housing. It's too bad about the cluster of drive-thru's down the street.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2019, 9:43 PM

Margaritaville

It looks like demo is about to begin. The land development permit is now ready to issue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tYPenF...d=bv1hs00sjki0

I'll be very happy to see a parking lot around Centennial Park go away.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2019, 11:12 PM

Parrotheads rejoice!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2019, 4:28 AM

[QUOTE=smArTaLlone;8648898]It looks like demo is about to begin. The land development permit is now ready to issue.

I went to the United game today and saw that too. It was my first time in about a year that I was on that side of downtown and wow I don't know if it was me but Centennial Olympic Park felt so more alive. It felt refreshing.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2019, 10:49 PM

Moved post to more appropriate thread

Last edited by Ric 0_0; Aug 4, 2019 at 11:52 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
https://www.cousins.com/property/10000-avalon
I drove by Avalon today and it appears 1000 Avalon is topped out.

Also, there is a crane on the Northwinds site in Alpharetta. Once this gets going, it'll be the 3rd mixed use (Avalon, Northwinds, and DT Alpharetta) in the area with the new North Point renovation acting as the 4th. Also, Halcyon is shaping up very nicely in Cumming.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/hDlqjCy4dPR92/
I suggest posting all non-city proper projects in this thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...189525&page=11

Old Posted Aug 4, 2019, 11:30 PM

My bad, I'll do that next time.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
My bad, I'll do that next time.
I think you posted appropriately! What’s up with the pic police all of a sudden!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 4:02 PM

The Boundary

renderings

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 4:11 PM

I love the fact that so many of these properties are being renovated to be more open from the sidewalk and more pedestrian oriented. Bravo!

Last edited by Martinman; Aug 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
I think you posted appropriately! What’s up with the pic police all of a sudden!
This thread is for Atlanta city projects, not Alpharetta or Forsyth county(people like me don't care too much about what's going on in those places so I don't care to see them on this thread which is specifically for CoA projects)....that's why we have a metro projects thread so people who are interested in what's going on outside the city can see those projects easier.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 8:08 PM

Then rename the damn thread! It says Atlanta not City of Atlanta only. There are posts about all the various office nodes on this thread including Cumberland, Perimeter, Northlake, Chamblee, etc. as it should be. Hell the BRT mentioned on this page is outside the city but you didn’t whine about it. Chill out!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Exactly!Smh!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 11:13 PM

First United Methodist Church seeking developers for 1.8 acres

https://atlanta.curbed.com/atlanta-d...ited-methodist
Quote:
Specifically, the church is seeking partners though a Request For Proposals process to transform 1.8 acres of downtown land it owns between Peachtree and West Peachtree streets, immediately south of the Medical Arts Building.

Church representative Kevin Holt said the goal is to create a mixed-use affordable housing node that—given the site’s SP1 zoning classification—could hypothetically be a tower rising 50 stories or more.

As stipulated in the RFP, one component beyond “affordable/attainable housing” will have to be at least 50,000 square feet for an expansion of the church’s Atlanta First Day School, with parking for at least 150 vehicles.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 9:42 AM

[QUOTE=atlHawks;8649060][QUOTE=smArTaLlone;8648898]It looks like demo is about to begin. The land development permit is now ready to issue.

The building is definitely an eyesore now that one side looks like a bomb exploded. Downtown desperately needs vertical development in this area to reduce the plethora of surface parking. The proposed student housing project and the hotel will change the skyline views looking east of Centennial Olympic park.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta