HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 2:31 AM
Movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls
I guess we'll all play with ourselves until trueviking leaks some information.

well, I'll be playing with myself nonetheless.
Careful man. Some people may take you literally

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 3:14 AM
Capitalist

This project must be ready to break soon.... I am looking forward to seeing Winnipeg's new tower.

Lets hope it adds a modern flair to the Broadway area.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 3:17 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

^^Yes. The suspense is killing us!!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 7:57 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni
^^Yes. The suspense is killing us!!
were in for a treat

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 2:24 PM
Mooderator

indeed we are.

oops, I better shut my trap..

Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 3:15 PM
Movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs
were in for a treat
I really hope so. Edmonton just announced a kick-ass skyscraper being built, supposedly surpassing their tallest, with more on the way. I expect nothing less for Winnipeg

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 2:19 AM
Capitalist

Correct me if I'm worng... but didnd't someone say this prject would be unvailed at the end of this week?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 2:27 AM

The project probably doesn't exist. It's probably an early April Fool's Joke. Good one TV - almost had us there

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs
tehehe theres more then one proposil newflyer... the tallest one would be a new tallest...
I know I am late with a response, however, if this is actually true, putting the tallest building in the city in that location is pretty stupid. That spot is blocks removed from the centre of downtown. Why not create some density! There are a number of spots at or near Portage and Main or on Portage itself that would be a much better location for a tall tower.
Just a hunch, but I'll presume the Northwest Co. is behind one proposal, however they would need another anchor as well.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 3:55 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&M40BELOW
I know I am late with a response, however, if this is actually true, putting the tallest building in the city in that location is pretty stupid. That spot is blocks removed from the centre of downtown. Why not create some density! There are a number of spots at or near Portage and Main or on Portage itself that would be a much better location for a tall tower.
Just a hunch, but I'll presume the Northwest Co. is behind one proposal, however they would need another anchor as well.
There's no way this would be an office tower. It would have to be all or mostly a condo and even then it would seem pretty unlikely that anyone would suddenly decide to build something taller than 55 Nassau in downtown Winnipeg. But who knows.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 4:09 AM
the first stamp is free

I think a nice slender condo tower would look nice around there - even if it eeked out the TD for height. Fort Garry Place isn't that much shorter than the cluster of 400'ers at Portage and Main anyway.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2006, 5:16 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&M40BELOW
the tallest is mix use.......................... viking is not playing with us..........
the anouncment for this week was for the U OF W project that viking is working on

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 6:51 PM
I Like It When You Hit Me

Vike, when do you sleep, man? It seems like you're working on every decent sized project in town... or more importantly, when do you drink???

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 7:12 PM

It seems as though there would be a lot of interest in seeing a project move forward on this site. If there are indeed intentions to have the tallest structure constructed at that location, it would probably garner more excitement among Winnipeggers than any other development to date since we have basically been waiting since 1969 to see something taller than the Richardson Building go up in downtown Winnipeg. Technically the CanWest Place tower is taller than the Richardson but basically all 3 of the tallest buildings at Portage & Main are around 400 feet. Hopefully Lee Haber8 is not correct about this being an early April Fool's joke. It would be great news is the development mentioned would actually be going forward. If anyone has any concrete news or confirmation on this, please share so that we have something to look forward to with certainty.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 7:21 PM
Movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster
It seems as though there would be a lot of interest in seeing a project move forward on this site. If there are indeed intentions to have the tallest structure constructed at that location, it would probably garner more excitement among Winnipeggers than any other development to date since we have basically been waiting since 1969 to see something taller than the Richardson Building go up in downtown Winnipeg. Technically the CanWest Place tower is taller than the Richardson but basically all 3 of the tallest buildings at Portage & Main are around 400 feet. Hopefully Lee Haber8 is not correct about this being an early April Fool's joke. It would be great news is the development mentioned would actually be going forward. If anyone has any concrete news or confirmation on this, please share so that we have something to look forward to with certainty.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 8:04 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
If there are indeed intentions to have the tallest structure constructed at that location, it would probably garner more excitement among Winnipeggers than any other development to date since we have basically been waiting since 1969 to see something taller than the Richardson Building go up in downtown Winnipeg.
Absolutely! I still remember fondly all the arguments about whether or not the Trizec (forget what they've re-named it to now) was going to be taller. Even years after construction, people still argued - in the days before the Internet, "official" numbers like this were hard to come by. Nowadays, we just come here and have measurements down (up?) to the inch.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2006, 3:16 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
umm turst me its real we could end up with a biger park.. a new tallest with a park or somthing in the midle...

Old Posted Nov 25, 2006, 3:49 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

Look at this.. 4 pages and 98 posts later and we're still all scratching our asses talking about nothing.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2006, 4:55 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely..
Look at this.. 4 pages and 98 posts later and we're still all scratching our asses talking about nothing.
i have seen with my own eyes this is not a joke...

Old Posted Nov 25, 2006, 6:54 AM
Capitalist

Quote:

Come on.... didn't I mention the bush on the lot or something?

Never the less I've had my thumb in my ear ... not straching my ass.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan