HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:04 PM

WILL WAIT and see on this one ...as mentioned this is an election year and this will be thrown around by all. and i do not think there is anything there that would be of interest to Moncton or Dieppe and i see Riverview going it alone on this one. they are playing it safe on the things in there but to not include an ice surface is a real negative on their part. cmon riverview think outside the box . i have lived there for 30 years and i see how things are done over there .

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:56 PM

Adding an ice surface would definitely bring the total cost to $40M

That's a hefty price tag for a small town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY386 View Post
WILL WAIT and see on this one ...as mentioned this is an election year and this will be thrown around by all. and i do not think there is anything there that would be of interest to Moncton or Dieppe and i see Riverview going it alone on this one. they are playing it safe on the things in there but to not include an ice surface is a real negative on their part. cmon riverview think outside the box . i have lived there for 30 years and i see how things are done over there .

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Adding an ice surface would definitely bring the total cost to $40M

That's a hefty price tag for a small town.
They've planned it so that they can add 1-2 ice surfaces in the future. They don't feel they can afford it at this time. If rinks are to be added, they'll have to do a phase two sometime in the future. If the Cordova Realty development on Coverdale Road goes through, it's projected to add $500,000 in annual tax revenue. The project would replace the currently town owned Chocolate River Station which has been operating at a loss. A while ago the town announced that they had to cut their capital budget by $28 million because the tax base didn't grow as expected.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And this is a big problem for Riverview, they just don't have the commercial or industrial tax base of Moncton or Dieppe. This limits how ambitious the town can be in terms of providing infrastructure or amenities for it's citizens.

This is the main reason why I am so confounded by the opposition to the Chocolate River Station project. Riverview should be trying to attract a half dozen such projects in order to provide for their citizens

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

And this is a big problem for Riverview, they just don't have the commercial or industrial tax base of Moncton or Dieppe. This limits how ambitious the town can be in terms of providing infrastructure or amenities for it's citizens.

This is the main reason why I am so confounded by the opposition to the Chocolate River Station project. Riverview should be trying to attract a half dozen such projects in order to provide for their citizens
They have had a "not open for business" reputation in the past. If it's made too difficult for the developer to complete this project, it will send a really bad message.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 8:40 PM

i think when you see Cordova start building on the proposed land by the old Day and Ross the Riverview project will slowly die, why continue to fight a battle with the residents when he is ready to go in Moncton.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 12:43 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This appears to be a rendering of the proposed field house and pool to be built off (the future) Bridgedale Blvd in Riverview. This was found on the T&T Twitter account.

If this is accurate, this seems too small to accommodate a full field house.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 1:17 PM

Looks like the Kensington apartment building will finally get off the ground. Also another smaller apartment building on Pine Glen Road.

Agenda for March PAC meeting:
https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...020_agenda.pdf

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 5:21 PM

The link isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Looks like the Kensington apartment building will finally get off the ground. Also another smaller apartment building on Pine Glen Road.

Agenda for March PAC meeting:
https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...020_agenda.pdf

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 5:59 PM

try this link

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
The link isn't working.
https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...0_agenda_0.pdf

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenike View Post
Sorry. Scroll down to the March agenda link:

https://www.townofriverview.ca/town-...nd-development

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 1:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

April PAC agenda for the town of Riverview:

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...ril_8-2020.pdf

One item of note:

Quote:
Julien Daigle on behalf of Mattie Capital Limited, Dickey, Tassey, and Gunningsville Blvd (multiple PIDs), Request to amend the Future Land Use Map, Zoning Map
and the conditional zoning agreement for the Dobson Landing Master Plan area (File 20-166).
Dobson Landing is a (partially stalled) planned community under development on the SE corner of the Pine Glen Road/Gunningsville Blvd intersection, in behind the Riverview Animal Hospital. They are not specific on the type of amendment they are looking for, and there are no enclosed documents. Anyone know what sort of revisions they are planning???

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Documents regarding the Dobson Landing request for amendments to the conditional zoning agreement with the town are now available on the PAC site.

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...l_8-2020_0.pdf

This is what Mattie Capital of Dartmouth NS currently envisions for the development:

Quote:
The subject area (south of Gunningsville Boulevard, comprising Dickey Blvd and Tassy Crescent) was re- designated and rezoned in 2015 subject to a conditional zoning agreement (CZA) to permit the development of a mixed-use neighbourhood with a mix of commercial buildings, multi-unit residential buildings, townhouses, and compact single-unit dwelling lots (detached dwellings on lots narrower than the 50 foot wide lots required in the zoning by-law). One of the conditions of that rezoning was that some residential and some commercial development must occur within four years of the registration of the CZA (before January 16, 2019). Though some single-unit dwellings and townhouses were built within this time frame, no commercial development occurred. Therefore, the agreement expired. The developer is now asking for Council to re-adopt the CZA to permit future phases of development.

While the general concept being presented is still in line with what was proposed in 2014, the developer is proposing some changes. In particular, the commercial footprint has been reduced and the number of residential units has increased based on a market assessment. An overall master plan for the development area is included with this report. The number of units is subject to change as the project moves toward the building permit stage, but the area will tentatively include the following:

2015 concept:

- 5 commercial buildings with communal parking
- 35 single-unit dwellings on 40’ wide compact lots
- 64 units in semi-detached and townhouse dwellings
- 156 units across three multi-unit buildings with underground and above ground parking

2020 concept:

- 2 commercial buildings with frontage on Gunningsville Blvd.
- 7 existing + 24 single-unit dwellings on 42’-46’ wide compact lots
- 4 existing + 62 units in semi-detached and townhouse dwellings
- 244 units across three multi-unit buildings (4-5 storeys) with underground and above ground parking

Old Posted Apr 2, 2020, 9:11 PM

I just noticed that there is another good sized apartment building under construction on Quinn Court. With the large building on Whitepine Rd. mostly finished and the Kensington (both buildings fully leased) scheduled to start this spring, there seems to be a strong market for apartments in Riverview.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2020, 11:29 PM

Has anyone seen workers on site lately? I don't travel across here during the day, but it seems to be an abandoned project.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
Has anyone seen workers on site lately? I don't travel across here during the day, but it seems to be an abandoned project.
The Higgs Government said they ran out of money for this project and took the year off. Now to be completed in 2021.

Beautiful photo, btw! Can’t wait to see the newly widened river next year.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=BlackYear;8885466]Has anyone seen workers on site lately? I don't travel across here during the day, but it seems to be an abandoned project. ]

I don't believe they did any work on the site last Winter either. They are taking breaks to save on money and pushed the project finish date back a year. I would suspect you will be seeing activity on the site in the next month or so.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 1:01 PM

I will be interesting to see what the traffic situation looks like when they close the causeway. That's going to be a lot of vehicles using the bridge. Especially at peak times.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I will be interesting to see what the traffic situation looks like when they close the causeway. That's going to be a lot of vehicles using the bridge. Especially at peak times.
It would be good if they could take advantage of the Pandemic slowdown to do this work and get it done while traffic load is less.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
It would be good if they could take advantage of the Pandemic slowdown to do this work and get it done while traffic load is less.
Good idea. A lot of people are working from home now. Maybe some of them are enjoying it, and will be able to continue to work from home even after the pandemic.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces