HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

45 Lansing in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:48 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
This is just my hypothesis, but I think they're priming and painting just the small area of wood in the same color as the above building. I am not sure if the two buildings will be physically touching, but I'd imagine that they wanted to get the painting out of the way, as they may not have access to that land once construction begins.
That's what I was thinking as well. They're doing it now while they can get to this area.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
So then they ARE painting and no high rise is going to be built??

Or are they just incredibly ignorant about surrounding developments.
From what I gather they're just weather-proofing the exposed wood section while they still can. Before a high rise gets in the way. Not to worry!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2007, 9:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
From what I gather they're just weather-proofing the exposed wood section while they still can. Before a high rise gets in the way. Not to worry!
Cool! As the preznit would say, "Bring em On!" (the skyscrapers, that is)

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 8:36 PM
Only Mostly Dead

They are done painting the little strip of wood. They also painted the brick section at the bottom, so it all matches the tan color above. Also, Canon (the demolition company) has no-parking signs on the street, which are valid through the weekend. Hopefully, that's so they can do some last bit of clean-up before the real fun begins. I didn't see anything but a small pile of bricks and a storage shed anywhere on site. I can't imagine they'd need 5+ days for that, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 11:29 PM
BANNED

^^^Cannon had reserved parking signs in front of that lot several months ago that were good until now. Actually, I'm glad to see them expire since I don't think Cannon will be building the new building. I bet some new ones go up promptly with maybe the name of the building contractor.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2007, 1:26 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^Cannon had reserved parking signs in front of that lot several months ago that were good until now. Actually, I'm glad to see them expire since I don't think Cannon will be building the new building. I bet some new ones go up promptly with maybe the name of the building contractor.
The signs you are referring to are hanging on the fence and are still there. These are new signs in the street that are valid 10/30-11/4.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 10:31 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Today's update on Paint Watch 2007:

The small area of wood siding has now been covered with metal flashing. No pictures at 11 (no camera today). Come on earth-movers! Show up and start digging for that foundation so I can stop boring everyone with the trivialities of the building prep next door!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Today's update on Paint Watch 2007:

The small area of wood siding has now been covered with metal flashing. No pictures at 11 (no camera today). Come on earth-movers! Show up and start digging for that foundation so I can stop boring everyone with the trivialities of the building prep next door!
Frustrating that these Rincon Hill projects are moving at such a snail's pace. Perhaps they should take lessons from Mission Bay. I walked around there today and was amazed at how much activity was going on. I'd have to say that at least half of the remaining land currently either has buildings under construction or they are preparing the land for construction (leveling, piledriving, etc).

Old Posted Nov 12, 2007, 11:11 PM

is it sad that every time i see a new post for this thread, i hope to see pictures of construction actually beginning on this project?!? lol

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 4:11 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post
is it sad that every time i see a new post for this thread, i hope to see pictures of construction actually beginning on this project?!? lol
I agree, especially after the thread has been quiet for a while. I thought they said this building was suppose to start site prep in late October? I guess now I hope its late November.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 5:46 AM
BANNED

^^^Who was "they"?? Turnberry has been conspicuously quiet but are apparently hiring staff they'll need to build.

I have to say I sometimes get a laugh out of the impatience, assumptions and wild speculation that goes on here. Putting up a 40-story condo building is something that takes several years even after all the entitlements are in place. Unlike the building on Fremont St, this one is going to happen but on Turnberry's schedule, not anybody's here.

Just be patient. One day the earth-moving equipment will appear.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 2:00 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^Who was "they"?? Turnberry has been conspicuously quiet but are apparently hiring staff they'll need to build.

I have to say I sometimes get a laugh out of the impatience, assumptions and wild speculation that goes on here. Putting up a 40-story condo building is something that takes several years even after all the entitlements are in place. Unlike the building on Fremont St, this one is going to happen but on Turnberry's schedule, not anybody's here.

Just be patient. One day the earth-moving equipment will appear.
I'm not sure if it is "they", "him", or "her", but I read it at the Rincon Talk Blog. It had mentioned before how it was expected for excavation to begin in late October, hence my statement.

Quote:
The staging has not started yet, but should start soon. We were able to get a copy of the Preliminary Public Report by going to 45Lansing.com and following the link. It doesn't say much, but interesting and nice to have. Also, big thanks to "highhise dude" for the tip/information. We should have a major post soon with some more update/"breaking news" on this project.
Source: http://onerincontalk.com/2007/10/12/...francisco.aspx

Old Posted Nov 13, 2007, 4:43 PM
BANNED

^^^Let me remind that "soon" in putting up highrise terms can be up to a couple of months. Personally, I do expect this building to start between now and the end of January, pretty much like the second ORH tower, but only time will tell. When it happens, though, I think it will be very interesting to watch the 2 buildings, which are quite different but of similar heights, go up together.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 1:04 AM
North Beach

No work to see here, but at least you know whom to call for discounts up to 35%....

Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 1:25 AM
BANNED

^^^Well, the Port-a-potty is promising. Somebody needs a place to relieve themselves.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 1:53 AM

Yeah, lets hope that the Port-a-potty is a sign that construction on this is gonna start soon.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 8:44 AM
BANNED

Did we already know about http://sfturnberrytower.com/ and/or http://45lansing.com/ ? They both appear to be just place-holders but maybe they imply something imminent?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 6:55 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Maybe for the long-term, but I don't think that means development is imminent in the next couple months. The website: www.californianrinconhill.com has been up for about a year or so, and we all know what has transpired with that development so far (nothing, except for the recent demolition).

I'd like to think that 45 Lansing will begin very soon and it might. However, with the grave uncertainty in the housing industry at this moment, your guess is as good as mine.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 9:38 PM
BANNED

^^^I honestly don't think "the grave uncertainty in the housing market" will effect 45 Lansing. Turnberry is known for moving forward with their projects even in shaky markets because they are both solid enough to be able to get financing and they view their buildings is sufficiently high end so as not to be affected by the problems that affect us mortals. They haven't stopped moving forward in Miami or Las Vegas and they are actively hiring project managers and staff in SF from their office whose address I posted above.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2007, 7:30 AM

I think a lot of developers like Turnberry, who are new to the SF market, underestimate how long it takes to get building permits here. Just about every project with a new developer has been late, even in booming markets.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive