HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 9:05 PM

Does anyone subscribe to the DBJ ? Article today is:

"Klyde Warren Park: Imagine What's Next"

Any hints as to what they're hinting at ? Spin-off development ?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 4:03 AM

Below is a picture of the 17 story, $1.3 billion dollar, 2.5 million square foot new Parkland Hospital under construction in the Dallas Medical District, taken by me on 10-15-12.

This image is shot from the Harold Simmons Cancer Center complex within the Dallas Medical District looking at a portion of the southern half of the Medical District.

Another new major hospital is also under construction in the Medical District, University Hospital, on the northern side of the campus. University Hospital is a 12 story, $800 million dollar, 1.3 million square foot hospital.

And a third new major medical facility in the Medical District will soon break ground - the new $225 million dollar, 100,000 square foot Dallas Proton Treatment Center.

The skyscrapers of Downtown Dallas can be seen in the image just to the left of Parkland Hospital.

Last edited by skys the limit; Nov 16, 2012 at 4:31 AM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 4:30 AM

Twin five story luxury apartment buildings, known as The Arpeggio Victory Park, now under construction in the Victory Park District of Downtown Dallas.

Construction of the complex is occurring on a 3.9 acre parcel and will have 377 apartments.

Concrete work underway and a construction crane base can be seen in place in the images taken 11-15-12.

Photos courtesy of VictoryPark1 from Dallas Metropolis:

Last edited by skys the limit; Nov 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 4:47 AM

The ultra-sleek new 25 story Cesar Pelli Cesar tower in the Uptown District of Downtown Dallas has activity moving it forward.

First image is a rendering of the new tower.

Second image shows surveyors staking out the building footprint for a site walk through.

Second image taken on 11-15-12 and is courtesy of CTroyMathis of Dallas Metropolis:

Last edited by skys the limit; Nov 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 5:02 AM

Construction is well underway on the new apartment complex called "Victory Apartments" located in the Uptown/Victory Park District of Downtown Dallas.

The complex will be 6 stories with 263 units and will open in 2014. Significant excavation has occurred for the project.

As of 11-15-12 the construction crane is now fully erected.

Image below is courtesy of TexasStar from Dallas Metropolis, taken 11-10-12:

Last edited by skys the limit; Nov 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 5:23 AM

Below is the latest rendering of the 25 story Victory Park Tower in Downtown Dallas.

Victory Park Tower was announced to break ground this Fall.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Does anyone subscribe to the DBJ ? Article today is:

"Klyde Warren Park: Imagine What's Next"

Any hints as to what they're hinting at ? Spin-off development ?
Anybody ?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Anybody ?
I wish I was a subscriber to the biz journal. But I'll see what I can do to obtain some information.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 1:33 AM

Thanks for the updates!! There's a lot more apartments going up everywhere it's hard to keep track. Any final renderings for the apt buildings on Carlisle going up now?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I wish I was a subscriber to the biz journal. But I'll see what I can do to obtain some information.
Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 6:12 PM
Verticle

I get the DBJ both electroncially and hard copy. But the real magazine you want is last months D Magazine, with the entire issue devoted to the making of the park and the future. It had all kinds of projects listed as being "spill over" but we have seen them ALL posted here already, the Cesar Pelli building in Uptown being one fo them. They also listed the next phase of One Arts Plaza and the Spire Development. Again, there there were no "new" projects. Yet-to-come for the park? They are referring to the restaurant which is going to be an absolute experience, as well as the one-day signature water feature if someone steps up with the money to name it after! LOL! But the D Magazine issue was spectacular with great glossy photos, drawings, and lots of dreaming! YUMMY!!! The only thing missing was a sexy pull-down centerfold of the park. (snigger).

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 6:47 PM

The properties along Harwood and Olive between McKinney and the park suddenly got much more appealing to developers. The Chase Bank's days are numbered, and you have a nice lot along Harwood (including the Dallas Credit Union) to make way for a nice mid - high rise development. Those lots are very under utilized sites and are now relicts from the suburban type developments that use to exist in uptown.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
I get the DBJ both electroncially and hard copy. But the real magazine you want is last months D Magazine, with the entire issue devoted to the making of the park and the future. It had all kinds of projects listed as being "spill over" but we have seen them ALL posted here already, the Cesar Pelli building in Uptown being one fo them. They also listed the next phase of One Arts Plaza and the Spire Development. Again, there there were no "new" projects. Yet-to-come for the park? They are referring to the restaurant which is going to be an absolute experience, as well as the one-day signature water feature if someone steps up with the money to name it after! LOL! But the D Magazine issue was spectacular with great glossy photos, drawings, and lots of dreaming! YUMMY!!! The only thing missing was a sexy pull-down centerfold of the park. (snigger).
Makes sense. BTW, folks at dallasmetropolis are hinting at a big announcement along Ross.

BTW, thanks for the tip. My back issue is on the way!

Last edited by Dale; Nov 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Snob View Post
Here is a pic of the cranes building the Carlisle. It's in an area that slopes down towards Turtle Creek. Even though it's about three stories above ground already, it will take a few more before I can see it from my office building.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That is a great shot of the multiple cranes underway in that one area.

I believe there are two separate apartment projects represented in your image - The Taylor, which is at 3030 Carlisle and is comprised of "twin" 17 story luxury apartment towers, and 3003 Carlisle immediately across the street from The Taylor.

3003 Carlisle was announced as a 9 story luxury apartment building with 192 units in a luxury Mediterranean style complex whereas The Taylor is a more contemporary design and is 17 stories tall.

Both The Taylor and the 3003 Carlisle projects are well underway.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:16 AM

Dallas is changing tremendously! There is a whole bunch of residential projects underway in the downtown area. Also a bunch of renovations going on to increase the residential population, and lower the office vacancy rate. I'll go ahead and add the Patriot Tower for a potential conversion:

New players join efforts to revamp Dallas skyscraper
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...skyscraper.ece

We now have the Statler-Hilton, The Continental, the Homewood Suites, 1600 Pacific, the 4 building Atmos Complex, The Joule Hotel complex, and the Butler Brothers, ALL being restored/renovated after years of neglect. The 508 Park Ave. recently had a groundbreaking on it's new amphitheater adjacent to the historic building. I'm optimistic that the Elm Place, the Tower Petroleum, and the Corrigan Tower will get redeveloped soon too.

Last edited by Nagih12; Nov 20, 2012 at 4:38 AM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:19 AM

There is very heavy site work on the large lot along The Katy Trail at Turtle Creek/Bowen/Cedar Springs. Any renderings? I believe there's supposed to be a couple office buildings going in there from Hillwood. Not sure though. Can someone clarify?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagih12 View Post
Dallas is changing tremendously! There is a whole bunch of residential projects underway in the downtown area. Also a bunch of renovations going on to increase the residential population, and lower the office vacancy rate. I'll go ahead and add the Patriot Tower for a potential conversion:

New players join efforts to revamp Dallas skyscraper
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...skyscraper.ece

We now have the Statler-Hilton, The Continental, the Homewood Suites, 1600 Pacific, 4 building Atmos Complex, The Joule Hotel complex, and the Butler Brothers, ALL being restored/renovated after years of neglect. The 508 Park Ave. recently had a groundbreaking on it's new amphitheater adjacent to the historic building. I'm optimistic that the Elm Place, the Tower Petroleum, and the Corrigan Tower will get redeveloped soon too.
I thought Elm Place was already underway ? Did it fall through again ?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:50 AM

Quote:
I thought Elm Place was already underway ? Did it fall through again ?
There hasn't been activity, but I assume there is a deal being worked out. There were some plans earlier this year, but I'm not really sure.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagih12 View Post
There hasn't been activity, but I assume there is a deal being worked out. There were some plans earlier this year, but I'm not really sure.
Okay, thanks. That's the one I'm really looking forward to.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Okay, thanks. That's the one I'm really looking forward to.

It will happen .... the area that Elm Place is located in is too prime and is served by a major DART rail station at its feet.

It is just a MAJOR, MAJOR undertaking.

It is a 52 story, 1.3 million square foot project that will be absolutely transformative for that particular area of Downtown Dallas. But it is more involved to renovate an older building than to build brand new.

And as you mentioned in an earlier post, it is rumored that Dallas billionaire Tim Headington of Headington Oil and his Joule Hotel fame is getting ready to announce a major development just a few blocks away from Elm Place as he has been buying up blocks of valuable real estate in the immediate area of the existing 60 story trophy-landmark Fountain Place tower.

Elm Place is a hop, skip and jump away from the Tim Headington real estate grab.

Last edited by skys the limit; Nov 20, 2012 at 5:54 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations