HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 5:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by circle33 View Post
I think Regina-ites might be looking to the metropolis to the north and how the well the spin-off development from our 'edge of town' entertainment facility has proceeded. What, we now have a Costco, Motel 6, Husky Truck Stop and a drywall supplier. Not bad by some standards but perhaps they are aiming a little higher.
Thought we were talking about stadiums being built on or near university campuses, didn't realize the U of S had moved out to around the Credit Union Centre, will look forward to seeing the new campus next time I'm in Saskatoon.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 5:17 PM
Has been

We're talking relative location to the core here, but you knew that. You just like to be a smart ass. Glad I could enable.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I'm not too sure that the Ring Road and Wascana Parkway would be able to handle the same flow of traffic as Dewdney Ave, Lewvan Drive, Elphinstone St, Albert St, Broad St, Victoria Ave, Ross Ave/4th Ave and Sask Drive.
I would love to see the ring road back up with Toon-towners and NW residents after a Rider game at the UofR and a train hits on the north end of the Ring....lolololol

Old Posted Nov 24, 2011, 9:47 PM

People seem to be forgetting that the UofR wants no part of a CFL stadium on campus.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2011, 11:10 PM

More info. on Regina Revitilization Project coming soon.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 1:59 AM

^^ Were you refeering to the the upgradeing of mosaic stadium for the 2013 greycup, as said by the leaderpost. I really wanna se some new information on this project, comments like yours get me excited that it could be something good

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 6:40 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
^^ Were you refeering to the the upgradeing of mosaic stadium for the 2013 greycup, as said by the leaderpost. I really wanna se some new information on this project, comments like yours get me excited that it could be something good
There wouldn't be any press announcements about improvements to mosaic as there probably won't be vey much that they would do. Wouldn't make much sense as it will be bulldozed just a few short years later anyway. There is supposed to be an announcement regarding the new stadium in dec though. I think that's what he's referring to.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
There wouldn't be any press announcements about improvements to mosaic as there probably won't be vey much that they would do.
^There just was a few days ago...

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/R...213/story.html

Quote:
Roughriders will upgrade Mosaic Stadium in advance of 2013 Grey Cup
By will chabun, Leader-Post December 2, 2011

Upgrades to Mosaic Stadium will include more amenities and temporary stands with individual seats, as opposed to benches, said Hopson adding "there are also revenue opportunities" the renovations.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 8:25 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I don't know how much temp seating we'll need next year if they don't sort out some of the issues/mismanagement in the organization...

I hope they aren't thinking about pouring too much money into mosaic; it just seems like such a waste. Maintain it for sure... but I don't really think improvements are really necessary. People aren't currently going to games for the comfort and luxury... Throw that money to the new stadium.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I don't know how much temp seating we'll need next year if they don't sort out some of the issues/mismanagement in the organization...

I hope they aren't thinking about pouring too much money into mosaic; it just seems like such a waste. Maintain it for sure... but I don't really think improvements are really necessary. People aren't currently going to games for the comfort and luxury... Throw that money to the new stadium.
The upgrades mentioned are for the 2013 Grey Cup which will sell out regardless of the Riders Management. An I would assume that the cost of these upgrades will be offset by additional revenues from the Grey Cup.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 6:52 PM

To me having the greycup here in 2013 is a great idea!!! Its winnipegs own fault for not bidding on it with thier new stadium(retards). Mosaic stadium to go out with a bang, GREY CUP style. Not to mention a revenue generator which some of the funds could go to the new stadium. To me this was a brilliant idea. Brings people to our booming city and hey they well see the new stadium being built when there here for the grey cup i hope

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 7:26 PM

Quote:
To me having the greycup here in 2013 is a great idea!!! Its winnipegs own fault for not bidding on it with thier new stadium(retards). Mosaic stadium to go out with a bang, GREY CUP style. Not to mention a revenue generator which some of the funds could go to the new stadium. To me this was a brilliant idea. Brings people to our booming city and hey they well see the new stadium being built when there here for the grey cup i hope
Who said Winnipeg didn't bid on it? From my understanding, Regina needs the funds for the new stadium so they are getting it first. Winnipeg will be getting it in 2015, or in 2014 if Ottawa isn't ready in time.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...134499103.html

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
Who said Winnipeg didn't bid on it? From my understanding, Regina needs the funds for the new stadium so they are getting it first. Winnipeg will be getting it in 2015, or in 2014 if Ottawa isn't ready in time.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...134499103.html
winnipeg didn't put a bid in for the 2013 grey Cup. The last Grey cup they had there, they couldn't even sell it out. I'm pretty sure they had some type of deal. I hopr they get it again soon though and do a better job of selling tickets for it.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 7:57 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Its winnipegs own fault for not bidding on it with thier new stadium(retards).
Look who is calling who retards

We'll get a grey cup soon enough. Waiting an extra year after Regina in our BRAND NEW STADIUM that Regina can't seem to build for themselves is worth it, IMO.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
winnipeg didn't put a bid in for the 2013 grey Cup. The last Grey cup they had there, they couldn't even sell it out. I'm pretty sure they had some type of deal. I hopr they get it again soon though and do a better job of selling tickets for it.
Maybe you're thinking about the 1998 Grey Cup? I was at the Grey Cup in 2006, and it was indeed sold out. Had about 45,000 fans there...

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 8:08 PM

Sorry for the rude remarks there, but yeah I still would have thought winnipeg would have wanted it for the year thier stadium opened up. The greycup was awseom last time in regina, should be even better in 2013!!!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 8:27 PM

Quote:
I still would have thought winnipeg would have wanted it for the year thier stadium opened up.
That's 2012, also known as the 100th Grey Cup - which goes to Toronto since they hosted the 1st Grey Cup.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe you're thinking about the 1998 Grey Cup? I was at the Grey Cup in 2006, and it was indeed sold out. Had about 45,000 fans there...
And note that (if I recall correctly) the 1998 Grey Cup was awarded to Winnipeg fairly late after a different host fell out - contributing to the lack of sales.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Are you sure it was sold out?

I seem to recall a lot of "reasons/excuses" as to why it didn't sell out which included a Vikings game on the same day or something?

Or maybe it sold out last minute because of this?

I remember some controvery about it not selling well in Winnipeg last time.

Edit: Looking it up, there was indeed a Vikings game on the same day, so I am recalling some things correctly.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2011, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Are you sure it was sold out?

I seem to recall a lot of "reasons/excuses" as to why it didn't sell out which included a Vikings game on the same day or something?

Or maybe it sold out last minute because of this?

I remember some controvery about it not selling well in Winnipeg last time.

Edit: Looking it up, there was indeed a Vikings game on the same day, so I am recalling some things correctly.
^http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...eycup-tix.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan