HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 26, 2006, 1:27 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

It's an attractive tower - the setbacks and (especially) the top remind of Trump Palace on Manhattan's Upper East Side.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 4:54 PM

well Chap was right, on the latest pic in emporis, they show the base for a second tower crane.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2006, 5:53 PM

I just found out my friend Dave is putting together the video for the Mansion, i guess for their sales office or something, but he said he had to render the whole thing sideways because it will be displayed on plasma tvs mounted vertically. go figure

Old Posted Aug 19, 2006, 5:23 PM

Mansion on Peachtree to have butlers for every room

By LEON STAFFORD
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/19/06
Think supple Egyptian cotton sheets, flat panel TVs and marble tubs are the tops in luxury hotel living?

Pish!

How about a room that comes with its own "Mr. Belvedere?"

That's right. Ultra-upscale brand Rosewood Hotels & Resorts plans to extend butler service to its guests when it opens in spring 2008 at the swank Mansion on Peachtree, a condo and hotel project on the corner of Peachtree and Stratford roads in Buckhead. An attentive attendant will be assigned to each of the hotel's 127 rooms.

"That is going to be a service standard that will be hard for others to compete with," said Bob Boulogne, Dallas-based Rosewood's chief operating officer. "It gives the business traveler or the family on vacation one person to take care of all of their needs during their stay."

Hotel companies are being forced to think big to capture the big bucks from the city's business elite and the multimillionaire athletes and music industry glitterati that are making Georgia's capital a favorite playground, hotel industry officials say.

Over the next two years, developers will add the Rosewood, a St. Regis in Buckhead and a W Hotel in Midtown to a luxury roster that already includes a W at the Perimeter, a Four Seasons in Midtown, an InterContinental Hotel in Buckhead and a Ritz-Carlton downtown and in Buckhead.

The reason for Atlanta's burgeoning high-life hotel scene is simple, said Ken Bernhardt, a marketing professor at Georgia State University. Luxury hotels make up 20 percent of the industry but make 60 percent of the profits.

"That has attracted more people to the high end of the market as they recognize the margins that can be attained," said Bernhardt, who also is a board member of the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, the city's main tourism and convention organization.

Too, the demand for luxury hotel experiences is on the rise. Travelers who are not sensitive to price want to feel at home, said Mark Woodworth, executive vice president of PKF Consulting, an Atlanta firm that tracks the health of the hotel industry.

So luxury hotel suites now include living rooms, freestanding tubs and expensive toiletries.

But what really distinguishes the luxury hotels is service, Woodworth said. At a mainstream hotel, a staffer will give a guest directions to a conference room or a restroom. At a luxury hotel, the staffer will walk the guest to the destination, he said, "anticipating the guest's needs as opposed to reacting to them."

There is still room for more luxury hotels in Atlanta, Woodworth said. The demand for luxury is outstripping supply, which means other players like Mandarin or Peninsula hotels could enter the market.

The existing luxury hotels are upping the ante, too. The InterContinental, which is just 2 years old, already is renovating its rooms. So is the Four Seasons.

That hotel, the city's only five-star facility, also is adding a spa.

Mit Shah, who is reflagging the Sheraton Colony Square as a W, said he plans to spend $100,000 renovating each of the hotel's 467 rooms to make the Midtown property the chain's premier location. The changeover — set to be finished by early 2008 — will include a spa, restaurants and rooms with wow appeal, said Shah, president and chief executive officer of Noble Investment Group, an Atlanta-based hotel operator.

"W's are truly a scene," Shah said, explaining that the chain offers a premium relaxed atmosphere, rather than the white-glove finery of competitors.

While Rosewood will have the distinction of being the first to offer butlers to guests in Atlanta, the hotelier isn't the first to offer the service in Georgia.

The Cloister, the Sea Island luxury resort that played host in 2004 to the G-8 Summit, added butlers when it reopened this past spring after a $200 million renovation, said Kyle Jones, a spokeswoman for the hotel, owned by privately held Sea Island Resorts. The update also included Turkish rugs, antiques and lighting of the sort found in Paris and London.

Butlers, Jones said, are "an amenity that people enjoy."

Old Posted Aug 19, 2006, 11:54 PM

Latest update taken Friday 8-18-06;

Old Posted Aug 21, 2006, 12:55 PM

Great updates on all of the pics. Thanx

Old Posted Aug 22, 2006, 6:06 PM

Does anyone know what's going to happen to the old yellow house adjacent to the site? It used to be Melissa Sweet, Brighthouse before that, etc. I think it may be the sales office now.

I would hate to see that get torn down. I realize we're in the 21st century, but I think the occasional mansion is the only thing that keeps Peachtree unique to other cities' signature thoroughfares.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandynole
Does anyone know what's going to happen to the old yellow house adjacent to the site? It used to be Melissa Sweet, Brighthouse before that, etc. I think it may be the sales office now.

I would hate to see that get torn down. I realize we're in the 21st century, but I think the occasional mansion is the only thing that keeps Peachtree unique to other cities' signature thoroughfares.
I believe you are referring to Dante's. I'm sure it is in some developers crosshairs just like the Christian Science Bookstore was when the new Hilton was announced to be plopped down atop their current location.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 12:12 PM

^ No, this is a different building. I think it's next door to Dante's.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2006, 11:10 PM

A live web cam is up on their website now.

http://www.mansiononpeachtree.com/

Old Posted Oct 8, 2006, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandynole

Are we talking about the house immediately to the northeast? Doesn't look yellow... looks white in the picture. What is that building, and is it part of the project or on an adjacent lot? Makes me want to take a drive up that way just to find out... surely somebody on here knows what it is.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 3:19 PM

^ Yeah, that's the building. It looks white on the webcam, but is pale yellow (or it was that last time I saw it). It used to house the ad agency Brighthouse and was then wedding shop Melissa Sweet. It's a nice looking building, and from the webcame, it looks like it won't be affected by the Mansion.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 10:04 PM

October 2006 update:

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 1:10 AM

November 18, 2006;

November 18, 2006

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 1:21 AM

Joe, you are the man. Thanks so much for getting us these amazing pictures! The Mansion is rising so quickly too, looks great

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 7:00 AM
Born and raised

Okay now I'm perplexed, after looking at those photos provided by Joe, thanks by the way, i really can't say which one will top first. The Mansion has really been picking up steam lately.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2006, 3:55 PM

They are starting on the hotel portion of the building so we should start seeing this one rising very quickly.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2006, 5:02 AM

Here's another look. Between this view and Joe's, you should have a pretty good idea of the whole thing right now.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2006, 5:26 PM

Can you include the Paramount the next time you give us this view, because with the elevation and the height of the building we could have more of an idea how tall this thing might be. Btw, great pic.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 8:20 PM

Here's a pic I found. A different vantage point of how tall it'll be in comparison to Paramount. [img=http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4615/32522172ah0.th.jpg]

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive