HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
:popcorn:

Again I just cannot, for the life of me, find the popcorn emoji.
Does SSP have one?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 10:03 PM

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Stellar photos, and an emoji-whiz; is there anything you can't do ?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 5:41 AM

So glad Vin is back. I like watching him try digging himself out of the many holes he's dug.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 7:16 AM

Hey, guys, don't be so rough on him. I don't want to see this turn into a ganging-up situation onto Vin.

Let him do what he wants, if he causes shit again, we can review it with the mods later; or just watch the chaos.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 9:35 AM

If Vin is only being criticized for his defence of metrotown, why exactly is that a bad thing? Heck I also think Metrotown Mall should stay.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcasey25raptor View Post
If Vin is only being criticized for his defence of metrotown, why exactly is that a bad thing? Heck I also think Metrotown Mall should stay.
... You're a bit out of the loop here. Check his history all the way back to November 26th.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2020, 8:14 PM

I hope I am not the only one, but already for some time it has been quite unfortunate to see especially the Metro Vancouver sub-forum become a mecca for real estate discussion. It seems that a lot of new people have discovered this forums as they are searching information about the building they just bought in, but I don't enjoy seeing real estate discussion to the lengths we are currently seeing.

I don't think separate threads for "owners' discussion" is the way to go either, as this forum (to my best understanding) is not about real estate but construction and project development. At least that is what attracted me here originally and I find it unfortunate that the direction is changing.

I follow other sections of SSP much less than this, so I don't know if this is specific to Vancouver section or not?

Finally, I have to say that I personally really appreciate all the information shared and relevant discussion I see here, and I have a lot of respect towards my fellow forumers. Thank you to those that continue to contribute to the discussion here.

Last edited by Klazu; Jun 14, 2020 at 9:46 PM.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2020, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I hope I am not th only one, but already for some time it has been quite unfortunate to see especially the Metro Vancouver sub-forum become a mecca for real estate discussion. It seems that a lot of new people have discovered this forums as they are searching information about the building they just bought in, but I don't enjoy seeing real estate discussion to the lengths we are currently seeing.

I don't think separate threads for "owners' discussion" is the way to go either, as this forum (to my best understanding) is not about real estate but construction and project development. At least that is what attracted me here originally and I find it unfortunate that the direction is changing.

I follow other sections of SSP much less than this, so I don't know if this is specific to Vancouver sub-forum or not?

Finally, I have to say that I personally really appreciate all the information shared and relevant discussion I see here, and I have a lot of respect towards my fellow forumers. Thank you to those that continue to contribute to the discussion here.
Your statement is greatly appreciated!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I hope I am not the only one, but already for some time it has been quite unfortunate to see especially the Metro Vancouver sub-forum become a mecca for real estate discussion. It seems that a lot of new people have discovered this forums as they are searching information about the building they just bought in, but I don't enjoy seeing real estate discussion to the lengths we are currently seeing.

I follow other sections of SSP much less than this, so I don't know if this is specific to Vancouver section or not?

You are definitely not the only one thinking this either.

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Just don't read it , if not your liking. Let other people who has genuine issues have a plat form to voice their opinion. Other people may like or need to know certain issues.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 2:20 AM

Quote:

Well said Klazu! I agree wholeheartedly! We may need the mods to crack down a bit I think! There must be other places for the real estate based discussion.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyiltlibw View Post
Just don't read it , if not your liking. Let other people who has genuine issues have a plat form to voice their opinion. Other people may like or need to know certain issues.
If only it would be that easy but I am genuinely interested in how The Amazing Brentwood is taking shape and what is opening there, but every second time I click the thread there is someone complaining about the toilet paper holders in their unit (true story).

I don't mind a little discussion but it has become quite excessive and this is not the forum for that. Few people have gone and created Facebook and WhatsApp groups which is the way to go for owner discussion.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyiltlibw View Post
No. You are new here. You clearly have not taken the time to read the forum rules or respect them. It is not up to you to decide whether other people should have to deal with you posting the same thing 14 times a day.

I personally have had enough of your posts, you are the worst example of what Klazu was talking about. You have stated your grievances more than enough times and we get it. From a following the rules perspective, your thread was locked (indicating you were not operating within the rules) and yet you chose to continue posting about a personal problem on other threads. Normally that warrants a stronger warning if not a ban.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox View Post
No. You are new here. You clearly have not taken the time to read the forum rules or respect them. It is not up to you to decide whether other people should have to deal with you posting the same thing 14 times a day.

I personally have had enough of your posts, you are the worst example of what Klazu was talking about. You have stated your grievances more than enough times and we get it. From a following the rules perspective, your thread was locked (indicating you were not operating within the rules) and yet you chose to continue posting about a personal problem on other threads. Normally that warrants a stronger warning if not a ban.
Sorry , guess I was really really hurt. Sorry for offending you all. I am basicailly unemployed now because of Covid 19 and now this . Sorry again.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2020, 4:43 AM

Sorry to hear that. Just keep in mind that this is an urban development forum, not a real estate one.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 2:53 AM

To play a little bit of devil's advocate for joeyiltlibw, I don't totally believe that a little bit of venting and complaining about new units or developers should be completely out of bounds or out of order. (Key emphasis on "A LITTLE BIT")
In the past, some of the venting that some people have done has actually resulted in some useful information being povided by other members commiserating or who went through the same thing, or just generally serving as general "Buyer beware" for members looking to get into the market.

It's when people take it overboard - and sadly Joey did - and they start spamming threads and polluting other development threads that have nothing to do with your own building or developer, that it becomes a problem.
It shouldn't be unexpected or unusual that people are going to delve or wade into real estate discussions in a forum dedicated to urban development since 90% of the interest that a lot of people have in development anyways has to do with the real estate they either own or are looking to own.

Just start a separate thread (if the mods allow it) or better yet, go the 'starting a FaceBook Group page' route since Zuckerberg doesn't seem to care who or what gets posted on his platform - Russian bots, Yodelling quartets, Martian cooking recipe Groups, etc....

All that being said, be a bit sensitive to other people's rightful concerns about taking threads off-topic or complaining too much and abusing members' patience and sympathy to your plight . And read the forum rules.

I hope Joey learns his lesson and is able to come out of his suspension and come back and contribute, or at least even just benefit from what people post here. I've seen people suspended or banned for much worse, and who totally deserved and earned those bans/suspensions.

It's a rough time for everyone all around with the pandemic and its fallout and all the damage its wreaking on people's lives. So it shouldn't be unexpected that a lot of people are edgy at the moment and not dealing with things very well or as they should be. So I suppose it probably behooves us all to be a bit kinder and nicer (than usual) to each other and a little bit more understanding (in both directions), and if he's still able to read this, I hope things turn out better for you Joey - both with the development and your unit, and the current pandemic circumstances and situation. Hang tough, buddy.

I hope this post was not too off-topic, but if it was, then mea culpa.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2020, 6:13 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Let's all do our best to keep all threads on topic.
If anyone wants to discuss a relvant and suitable topic for which there is no current thread, by all means create a new thread for it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion