HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 4:31 AM

Touchdown Manitoba this afternoon was sold out:

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...565354842.html

I arrived at the Will Call right at noon and the sold out signs were already up. Unfortunate for those who did not buy in advance.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 4:41 PM

The key for popular ticket events is to buy in advance.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 3:22 AM

Thankfully I bought my ticket a week ago.

Bombers curfew is 11:00 p.m. tonight

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 8:21 PM

I think eveyone made it back before curfew. I went out at about 10:45 p.m. and O'Shea had left the lobby. Most players seemed normal at breakfast this morning. i.e. Not uptight.

Forecast is changing and the warm weather of the last few days is ending. Chance of rain at the start of the game and gusty winds. Temperature a little above freezing.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 3:16 AM
BANNED

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Sooooo happy right now! So proud of my boys in blue! You guys earned it! Beat the odds and all the haters out there.

Had a quick browse of Rider Fan Forum.....wow so much vitriol and poor sportsmanship comments towards, the team, our fans and city. Just confirms my thoughts of Sask fans not being gracious and quite vial, as usual.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers..........the 2019 Grey Cup Champions!!!

Last edited by Pinus; Nov 25, 2019 at 3:53 AM.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 4:00 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Sooooo happy right now! So proud of my boys in blue! You guys earned it! Beat the odds and all the haters out there.

Had a quick browse of Rider Fan Forum.....wow so much vitriol and poor sportsmanship comments towards, the team, our fans and city. Just confirms my thoughts of Sask fans not being gracious and quite vial, as usual.

I wish the Rider fans would give it a rest about Harris. I did get personal congratulations from the only one I allow to be a Facebook friend.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 4:33 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!!

They had their chance, and they "Blue" it.

Tonight, we celebrate, after what was far too long to have a drought.

I'm still shocked and amazed that we finally pulled it off! I was only 3 years old when they last won in 1990!

I'm so stoked and happy right now!! We finally did it!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 4:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
They had their chance, and they "Blue" it.

Tonight, we celebrate, after what was far too long to have a drought.

I'm still shocked and amazed that we finally pulled it off! I was only 3 years old when they last won in 1990!

I'm so stoked and happy right now!! We finally did it!
I was 10

I'm still waiting for rrskylar and his debbie-downer parade of negativity to show up and somehow complain about the team, the league and anything in general , because that is what he does best

And I'm guessing our in-house Rider fan reincarnate Bomber-hating Goldie must be experiencing a temper-tantrum level of epic proportions right now. I mean, how dare we win the cup and our fanbase be elated about it! Suck it you loser

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 5:49 AM

Waaaaaahoooooooo! Excellent game!

Believe it or not we watched the post-game ceremony, waited in line for a C Train and had a full dinner at the Earl's on Stephen Avenue downtown and yet walked back into the hotel with a busload of Bombers just arriving from McMahon.

Time to check out the bar downstairs...

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 5:57 AM

Congrats to the Bombers and their very deserving fans on a dominant Grey Cup victory. No doubt whatsoever as to who which was the better team today. I think most of we Rider fans felt really good to see Zach Collaros win the Cup after the season he endured.

I was checking the Rider Fan forum during and after the game and agree that the vast majority of posts were from very sore losers, displayed no class and only sour grapes. Sorry about that, but I find that forum does draw the "fanatics" from which "fan" derives. Most who post on there would find things to bitch about even if it was the Riders winning the Cup. Ignore them and their keyboard courage and revel in your Championship - it was along overdue.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Congrats to the Bombers and their very deserving fans on a dominant Grey Cup victory. No doubt whatsoever as to who which was the better team today. I think most of we Rider fans felt really good to see Zach Collaros win the Cup after the season he endured.

I was checking the Rider Fan forum during and after the game and agree that the vast majority of posts were from very sore losers, displayed no class and only sour grapes. Sorry about that, but I find that forum does draw the "fanatics" from which "fan" derives. Most who post on there would find things to bitch about even if it was the Riders winning the Cup. Ignore them and their keyboard courage and revel in your Championship - it was along overdue.
Which rider forum?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 6:51 AM

Congrats to the Bombers!

Some much needed good news for Winnipeg.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 7:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Which rider forum?
You mean there are more of them? Are they all similar to this one

I'm referring to this vitriolic POS specifically:

https://www.riderfans.com

Last edited by Pinus; Nov 25, 2019 at 7:56 AM.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:

I used to post there quite a bit. But my fanaticism in all things sports has waned quite a bit over the years. I find it is now populated by a lot of younger fans (good) who many seem to be over the top in their trash talk towards other teams and their fans (bad).

I used to also lurk in many other fan sites and let me tell you, Eskfans, CFLHorsemen, and MBB (I think that's the Bomber fan site name now) may not be as large in number as Riderfans, but they can be just as vitriolic.

That being said, a vast vast majority of CFL fans get along great with each other as displayed every year at the Grey Cup. And we all know who the real enemy is; the CFL hating Media suits of downtown Toronto!!!

Great win Bombers! Happy for Harris, Demski, and especially Zack. What a comeback year for sure. May 2020 cannot come soon enough!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:31 PM
Ignore these four words.

They did it! The Bombers are the Grey Cup Champs! Way to go Blue! It was a long 29 years but the script couldn't have been written any better.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 2:02 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

That was a super fun game to watch. Took a while to figure out how to stream it, but well worth it!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 2:23 PM

That was my kind of Grey Cup. Even though the Ticats were still potentially within comeback distance until the late stages of the game, it just felt like the outcome was never really in doubt... those early Hamilton turnovers were seriously good mojo and a sign that things were headed in the right direction.

That was probably right up there with the Banjo Bowl for the most complete game the Bombers played all season. They were firing on all cylinders. It was remarkable.

Anyway, I'm just elated. Until Collaros got on board I thought the season was over. He changed everything...a legit Blue Bomber legend with 4 starts under his belt. And as far as I'm concerned they can start commissioning a statue of Andrew Harris.

It was just such a mega roller coaster ride of extreme ups and downs. I'm just thrilled that it ended with a big win and now let's bring on the parade!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 2:55 PM
GQMF

Champs. Feels good man.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the gracious comments. I agree that forums tend to draw the complainers (as evidenced by some of the posts we see here). Many CFL fans still have that "CFL spirit" where we use the Grey Cup to cheer for the league if we don't have a team in the game itself. It's unfortunate that some people can't bear the success of others, and feel the need to try to diminish the experience. They are like punks who "key" a nice car because of their bitterness over not having one themselves.

On the positive side WOW, what a championship! I thought both the offensive and defensive lines totally dominated the game for the Bombers. Great to see all aspects of the game come together at just the right time for the Blue! Yay Bombers!!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 3:24 PM

It was about time. Congratulations!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan