HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 3:52 AM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mctngal View Post
Quick question for folks: does anyone know what work is being done at night at Champlain Place? (The generator has been waking us up at night often for a few weeks now.) Hope it is a project that will end soon. :-)
I'm not sure but maybe send them a message on their official Facebook page (link below) with that question, I'm sure they will have an answer...sorry to hear about the issue but welcome to the forum!

https://www.facebook.com/CFChamplain/

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mctngal View Post
Quick question for folks: does anyone know what work is being done at night at Champlain Place? (The generator has been waking us up at night often for a few weeks now.) Hope it is a project that will end soon. :-)
I know a few people who work at Walmart overnight, and they have all said there was no generator being used at the mall but there are crews working day, and night at the old West 49 Location it seems.I'm wondering if your not hearing the crews Behind Deluxe French fries because the Walmart night crew all said they could hear it when they go out on break.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2017, 12:12 PM

The new Swiss Chalet/Harveys restaurant opens on Feb. 21
New Dieppe restaurant ultra modern in many ways

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 1:36 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I know that NBNYer posted some images of future plans for the Village on Dieppe Blvd several months ago, but I don't recall seeing these images before.

These show the ultimate buildout for the entire development (whenever this happens).

Of course all this will take decades, and may end up looking entirely differently than what is planned. At present, the only active construction going on is the latest phase of the Saint Germain.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I know that NBNYer posted some images of future plans for the Village on Dieppe Blvd several months ago, but I don't recall seeing these images before.

These show the ultimate buildout for the entire development (whenever this happens).

Of course all this will take decades, and may end up looking entirely differently than what is planned. At present, the only active construction going on is the latest phase of the Saint Germain.
Well it looks like good plans. I'm wondering if Fengate owns that Land that is listed as Big Box Store, or if there just going by land zoning. But Yes unless something changes this development will take a long time, and with the way the Commercial landscape is looking all over Canada right now it does not seem like anything will change anytime soon to change there time line on development.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 2:17 PM

Did anyone not notice that the building with Goodife, Papa John's and the massage place is not even on there.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 11:59 PM

NEIL HODGE TIMES & TRANSCRIPT

The new Swiss Chalet/Harvey's location in Dieppe will now be opening on Feb. 28

Customers will need to wait a little longer than expected to check out the new Swiss Chalet/Harvey's on Champlain Street in Dieppe.

The current Dieppe location, which has been operating since 1986, will close on Feb. 26 and the new restaurant will open on Feb. 28. The original plan was to close the current location on Feb. 19 and begin operating the new establishment on Feb. 21, but the schedule needed to be changed after this week’s blizzard.

“The finish date for a large construction project is always a moving target with variables that you encounter,” said franchisee owner Bill Allen. “Mother Nature and snowstorms are one obstacle that you need to deal with sometimes. In this case, we had delays due to three days of poor weather conditions that made it difficult for workers to get to the site.

“We probably could’ve still kept the original schedule for the opening of the new restaurant, but we decided to delay things by one week. We want to make sure that we have everything set up the way it needs to be so that it’s an enjoyable experience for the guests when they come to the new facility.”

The new Swiss Chalet/Harvey's, which has a combined 7,800 square feet, is located where Chan’s House restaurant used to be. There are 240 seats at Swiss Chalet and 50 seats at Harvey's, which will serve breakfast each day beginning at 7 a.m. Locally made beers from around the Mari-times will be available at the Swiss Chalet.

There’s also a 50-seat private dining room that can be rented for meetings and social gatherings. This room has a big screen television and connections for laptops and presentations.

Allen calls it “the most up-to-date Swiss Chalet in the country.” There’s a double drive-thru, one for Swiss Chalet and the other for Harvey's, along with restrooms, a locker room and lounge upstairs for staff. There’s also modern graphics and the English and French languages are both represented in the interior decor components.

Allen also owns Swiss Chalet restaurants in Moncton, Fredericton, Charlottetown and Sydney along with the Irving Big Stop in Aulac.

There’s a double drive thru, one for Swiss Chalet and the other for Harvey's, along with restrooms, a locker room and lounge upstairs for staff.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 4:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

More problems maintaining the ice surface on the new skating oval behind Dieppe city hall.

The oval is now closed (for the second time) this winter, with the closure being "indefinite".

I suspect that the oval is done for the winter, and that they will attempt the "big fix" this summer for next winter's skating season. If they can't address the situation, this could be a major black mark for Mayor LaPierre, since this project was very much his "baby"

Personally, I wonder if the current problems are related to the accelerated construction schedule they used for the oval this fall. They certainly seemed to put it all together with surprising haste. In any event, I hope they can solve the problems as I think this oval will be a major attraction for downtown Dieppe in the wintertime going forward.......

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 3:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Work is nearly complete on the third (and final) parking level at Horizon Place in Dieppe.

Next to come will be the seven residential floors on top. Work has been excruciatingly slow so far (but i'm sure there are exacting standards necessary for the parking levels). I wonder how long it will take to top off the residential portion of the development?

I imagine the next seven stories will be built of structural steel. If so, they should be installed quickly. The framework should be complete by this fall (I assume).

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:37 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt View Post
I'm not sure but maybe send them a message on their official Facebook page (link below) with that question, I'm sure they will have an answer...sorry to hear about the issue but welcome to the forum!

https://www.facebook.com/CFChamplain/
Thanks so much. Sorry I didn't get back on here sooner.

Will ask them about it.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I know a few people who work at Walmart overnight, and they have all said there was no generator being used at the mall but there are crews working day, and night at the old West 49 Location it seems.I'm wondering if your not hearing the crews Behind Deluxe French fries because the Walmart night crew all said they could hear it when they go out on break.
HI! Thanks so much. Have since found out it is a couple of trucks at the mall doing maintenance work through the night. They are on the Paul St side of the mall. Oh well, hopefully it won't be much longer...

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 4:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Aviation Blvd Update:

1) - It looks like they're building an expansion onto the Extreme Cold airside cold storage facility.

2) - There's something big under construction across Aviation Blvd from Malley Industries. There's lot's of trucks and graders on site and concrete forms are being installed. C'mon Myles; fess up, what do you know about this???

3)- Tri-Star Mercedes Moncton, current status:

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Aviation Blvd Update:

1) - It looks like they're building an expansion onto the Extreme Cold airside cold storage facility.
I've heard they may be doubling their facility which means a lot of increased capacity and great news for potential air cargo expansion for the airport. They were behind the Lufthansa cargo flight last month.

Seams like the new Mercedes is taking a long time, or is it just me?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 9:37 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Warehouse. I think around 60k sq/ft. Don't actually know anything more than that.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 3:39 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Warehouse. I think around 60k sq/ft. Don't actually know anything more than that.
Thanks Myles. It'll be interesting to see who this belongs to, and to see what it will look like although most warehouses are pretty non descript.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I've heard they (Extreme Cold) may be doubling their facility which means a lot of increased capacity and great news for potential air cargo expansion for the airport. They were behind the Lufthansa cargo flight last month.
Interesting to hear that they had something to do with the Lufthansa flight. If they are expanding, I wonder if this means they expect more overseas business from the EU. With the new free trade agreement, it might mean more seafood exports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Seems like the new Mercedes is taking a long time, or is it just me?
All construction projects seem to take a long time these days. The Mercedes dealership is supposed to open this spring.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2017, 9:30 PM

Quote:

Interesting to hear that they had something to do with the Lufthansa flight. If they are expanding, I wonder if this means they expect more overseas business from the EU. With the new free trade agreement, it might mean more seafood exports.
Yes, you're right. The new Canada-EU trade deal is good news for seafood cargo out of YQM and for cold storage facilities, they are getting ready for a lot more demand. Air cargo companies want full planes both into and out of YQM to be profitable. The future is bright for exportation but imports are difficult; small population with limited demand for goods and multiple airports a short distance away. This is the challenge for YQM cargo.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 11:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They've removed some of the wrapping from around the back side of the Wingate Dieppe hotel.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 2:43 AM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Was working in that area today...I'm wondering if that's were Ditech will move? They are currently spaced across 2 or 3 smaller buildings around Ferdinand Blvd which are for sale...curious if they will make the jump to Aviation the same way CE3 did a couple years ago from their 2 small buildings on Ferdinand...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 4:23 AM

Quote:
They've removed some of the wrapping from around the back side of the Wingate Dieppe hotel.

Well the hotel seems to be getting really close to the finish line really quickly compared to some other projects in the GMA.

Quote:
Also a friend of mine has asked me if I knew anything about a developer, or potentially group of Developers who are potentially trying to talk the city of Dieppe into fast tracking the Construction of an actual Downtown. If it is happening this could be both positive, and negative for the city of Dieppe.

Positives: Dieppe gets it's own hopping downtown core with Restaurants, and other venues that would be positive for the city, and citizens as well.

Negative: If It's done in a totalitarian way it could mean disastrous consequences for the Residents, and developers in the area where the downtown is supposed to be. With the potential of deadline for current land owners, and potentially land seizure if the deadlines aren't met. Not sure Dieppe will be on board with this but it's worth watching Dieppe for a while.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 1:32 AM
Our Tide is Rising

New Swiss Chalet / Harvey's seems to be popular so far

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces