HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 7:09 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Not to harsh your dystopia, but the name of the place is Credit Human. That may be worse though.
I know. I was mocking it, just as my mom does. She actually opened an account at a different bank recently and the bank rep said several people opened accounts with them after closing their Credit Human accounts because they hate the name so much.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:25 AM
James

The design was approved!

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 12:32 PM

Awsome! A very nice building

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I know. I was mocking it, just as my mom does. She actually opened an account at a different bank recently and the bank rep said several people opened accounts with them after closing their Credit Human accounts because they hate the name so much.
Though to be fair...my son made the comment that if a bank in Roswell, NM opened with the name "Credit Human," it would have a ton of business BECAUSE of the name. I know I would open an account there for that very reason.

(now back to the Jeff Bank project itself) I like the density, but unfortunately I find the design a bit ho hum. I like the detailing of the Credit Human building, but this one could have been built on 410 in the 1990's. It's overall a "win" for the area, but I'm not as excited for it as some of the other buildings proposed on Broadway.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:17 PM

I like the building.

Quote:
The building, which will include four retail spaces, is designed by local architect Don B. McDonald, the same architect behind the Credit Human and Oxbow mid-rise buildings currently under construction a block south adjacent to the Pearl.
https://saheron.com/jefferson-bank-h...n-to-be-razed/

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:20 PM
James

I another brick building would have been nicer. But I still like it.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
Hmm... Those renderings look a lot better than the earlier ones. The corner block looks really nice. May have to edit earlier comment.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 5:20 PM
JACKinBeantown

I'm on board with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
Though to be fair...my son made the comment that if a bank in Roswell, NM opened with the name "Credit Human," it would have a ton of business BECAUSE of the name. I know I would open an account there for that very reason.
Your son is wise.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 8:01 PM

Wow! I think I like this even more now! Very...very...nice

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 3:10 AM
Paradise

I hope still golden is in the new building. It’d be cool to have a little nightlife street

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTrance View Post
I hope still golden is in the new building. It’d be cool to have a little nightlife street
100%. Speaking as a 22 year old... that's something SA DESPERATELY needs. Something semi-upscale that can compete w/ Rainey/Uptown Dallas/Midtown Houston. Especially if they want to retain young talent here. There's so much potential along the Broadway corridor from Josephine to McCullough.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 4:04 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOGalexd View Post
100%. Speaking as a 22 year old... that's something SA DESPERATELY needs. Something semi-upscale that can compete w/ Rainey/Uptown Dallas/Midtown Houston. Especially if they want to retain young talent here. There's so much potential along the Broadway corridor from Josephine to McCullough.
100% agree. Broadway has all the ingredients for this.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 5:00 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

That’s it. Enough pointless bickering. I don’t want to have to keep deleting posts. Back to the topic at hand. The Jefferson Bank HQ building.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 6:20 AM

Regardless, the Broadway Corridor has the potential to change San Antonio for the better. The new Jefferson Bank HQ will be one of the additions. San Antonio is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country as well as one of the most affordable. It's attracting people all over the US to move here. We're a big city and it's time we start looking like one.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Regardless, the Broadway Corridor has the potential to change San Antonio for the better. The new Jefferson Bank HQ will be one of the additions. San Antonio is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country as well as one of the most affordable. It's attracting people all over the US to move here. We're a big city and it's time we start looking like one.
San Antonio's biggest boom times are coming up sooner rather than later. Austin is becoming extremely expensive (by Texas metrics), and San Antonio is sitting in the wings waiting to take advantage of people and companies looking for lower cost Texas alternatives to Austin.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 9:59 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

I moved a majority of the recent posts to the off topic thread. You guys can continue to have that discussion in there. Otherwise, please get back on topic.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 10:01 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
I moved a majority of the recent posts to the off topic thread. You guys can continue to have that discussion in there. Otherwise, please get back on topic.
Of course, Dear Leader, you only moved posts that didn’t directly call into question your moderation and deleted those from us that, including other moderators, want your head on a platter.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 8:31 PM
SA 24th largest city

Quote:
Max, we had a misunderstanding. Regardless, you are still shamelessly ignorant to reality. By that I mean, you understand, a developer can’t just bury those lines, right. The city has to. Imagine if a developer just buried the power lines on their property, how does the rest of the now disconnected power line get power?

Again, you’re grip is based in truth but your hostility is aimed incorrectly.

This isn’t a common thing in San Antonio, it happens everywhere.
For lack of a better word to your response- Duhh. Sorry, but it is YOUR ignorance that stands in the way. Of course the utilities are not the developers responsibility. Of course it is expensive to bury but if the idea is to rid streets of ugliness (poles) then the city should take aim at doing so at any chance. These are chances. How do you think utilities run in and out of the Quarry district. Poles surround the development but there are none within it.
There is a uniqueness to this zone for the very fact that there are no poles. So of course there is a way to connect. Please. I have lived in Midtown for many years. I was there when the city stated (because I asked) that there would be no overhead utilities 500' in all directions from the intersection of Broadway and Hildebrand. Nope. They lied. They have been spewing out this stuff everywhere and even doubling up as seen in my pic examples.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 4:34 PM

Ground breaking date set

According to today's San Antonio Business Journal, this project is breaking ground May 20th!!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Please do not interfere with my moderation regardless of how you feel about it.
I'm just now visiting the SA forum after being disgusted by your moderation over a week ago. Anyone can see who the Mods are by looking at the bottom right corner of the page. So I can also ask you not to interfere with my Moderation.
I undeleted some posts in this thread from dedicated and concerned forummers (based on the PMs I'm getting) that simply expressed their displeasure with the current state of the SA subforum.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio