HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 9:03 PM
http://djsnola.tumblr.com

Some new bids on bidclerk today:

1528101 New Orleans, LA Multi-Residential, Retail, Other 03/31/2011
Description Tenant improvements for a mixed-use development in New Orleans. Design development plans call for the remodeling of an existing four-story parking garage to house 29,000 square feet of retail on the ground floor and apartments on the remaining floors...Click here for complete Project Details

Wonder if this is for the energy centre garage? would make sense given the South Market District development...

1541017 New Orleans, LA Multi-Residential 03/31/2011
Description Renovation of a multi-residential development in New Orleans. Completed working drawings call for the renovation of a 50,000-square-foot condominium complex. The owner has determined a list of select general contractors to bid on this project. I...Click here for complete Project Details

1544146 New Orleans, LA Retail 03/31/2011
Description Renovation of a retail development in New Orleans. Completed working drawings call for the renovation of an existing retail development. Subcontractor bids are due to the general contractor April 4, 2011....Click here for complete Project Details

1349995 New Orleans, LA Elderly Care / Assisted Living, Religious / Funeral 03/31/2011
Description Site work and new construction of an assisted living facility in New Orleans. Completed working drawings call for the construction of a 57,530-square-foot senior housing development. The owner has determined a list of select general contractors to...Click here for complete Project Details

BTW the new City Park Tennis Complex opened Monday. Really nice facility!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Some new bids on bidclerk today:

1528101 New Orleans, LA Multi-Residential, Retail, Other 03/31/2011
Description Tenant improvements for a mixed-use development in New Orleans. Design development plans call for the remodeling of an existing four-story parking garage to house 29,000 square feet of retail on the ground floor and apartments on the remaining floors...Click here for complete Project Details

Wonder if this is for the energy centre garage? would make sense given the South Market District development...

1541017 New Orleans, LA Multi-Residential 03/31/2011
Description Renovation of a multi-residential development in New Orleans. Completed working drawings call for the renovation of a 50,000-square-foot condominium complex. The owner has determined a list of select general contractors to bid on this project. I...Click here for complete Project Details

1544146 New Orleans, LA Retail 03/31/2011
Description Renovation of a retail development in New Orleans. Completed working drawings call for the renovation of an existing retail development. Subcontractor bids are due to the general contractor April 4, 2011....Click here for complete Project Details

1349995 New Orleans, LA Elderly Care / Assisted Living, Religious / Funeral 03/31/2011
Description Site work and new construction of an assisted living facility in New Orleans. Completed working drawings call for the construction of a 57,530-square-foot senior housing development. The owner has determined a list of select general contractors to...Click here for complete Project Details

BTW the new City Park Tennis Complex opened Monday. Really nice facility!
The first one is Wisznia's Stephens Parking Garage on Carondolet. A GC has been chosen but they are feeling out subs and bidding out the demo work.

The next one is La Pension at 115 Decatur. The project is worth $3mil.

The third project is for Southern Electronics. They are calling for sub bids but won't give an estimated price tag or address. They do hope to start construction sometime in May.

And last but not least, St. Martin Manor - Building A at 1501 N Johnson St. There is a $7mil price tag on this one.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 12:42 AM

Here's what I'm talking about at Louisiana and St. Charles. There are absolutely no buildings on the Carondelet side of that block that are in operation (unless you count the side of Rallys). And see that big parking lot in the middle? It's always empty. And that building at the top left corner is abandoned. Not very healthy!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 12:47 AM
TL;DR

You're linking to the webpage instead of the actual photo. If in Firefox, right-click the photo and "copy image location".

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 1:23 AM

Last edited by djlx2v2; Apr 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 5:22 AM

I always do the Jet Blue flights as my connection to Virgin Atlantic when I go through NYC to London. Always a nice flight!

BTW I didn't realize the Stevens Garage was going to have that amount of retail

Last edited by tennis1400; Apr 1, 2011 at 5:43 AM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 5:40 AM

Last edited by djlx2v2; Apr 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:54 AM
TL;DR

I dunno about flight routings... but if you want to see better food/retail options at MSY (it's pretty crappy right now), they're doing a customer survey.

It's kinda hidden on their website, so I'm probably the only one who's actually completed it...

It would be nice if anybody who takes the survey asks for some small performance spaces in the airport. If New Orleans is all about the music and the culture, that should be represented authentically, and not printed on a t-shirt in some tawdry gift shop. As far as I know, that would be a unique amenity among airports in the US. The airport is named after Satchmo for chrissake...

http://www.flymsy.com/Forms/Forms.asp?p1=97

Last edited by ardecila; Apr 1, 2011 at 7:07 AM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 1:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I dunno about flight routings... but if you want to see better food/retail options at MSY (it's pretty crappy right now), they're doing a customer survey.

It's kinda hidden on their website, so I'm probably the only one who's actually completed it...

It would be nice if anybody who takes the survey asks for some small performance spaces in the airport. If New Orleans is all about the music and the culture, that should be represented authentically, and not printed on a t-shirt in some tawdry gift shop. As far as I know, that would be a unique amenity among airports in the US. The airport is named after Satchmo for chrissake...

http://www.flymsy.com/Forms/Forms.asp?p1=97
I took the survey already so your prolly only the second person to do it...

BTW heard from a very good source that Trump will be making a big announcement today in regards to his building on Poydras... think height in the four digits!!!!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 2:32 PM

Updates

Glad the Steven's Garage is apparently moving forward. I pass it everday on the way to work and it's just hideous currently but with a number of nice buildings around it. If only that one block near it could improve a little (crappy old strip mall, surface parking lot, etc) it would help smooth out the urban feel.

Isn't Southern Electronics in the LSU teaching hospital footprint? Is the post on bidclerk indicative of them moving and renovating a new location or renovation of the existing?

La Pension has a very small streetfront on Decatur....it must wrap around the back or something in order to have 50,000 square feet or whatever they said. GoogleEarth doesn't have a streetview from that nasty alley behind it.

TRUMP! oh trump...well I have a reasonable level of excitement that "today is the day" but then again...it's trump. Cross the fingers and pray if that's your thing. I do agree that the building is pretty ugly in some respects, but most of our downtown was designed by the same architects (Skidmore, Owings and Merrill). We could use a little diversity up in here even if it means some kind of modernistic spiral of glass and ugly TRUMP in gold letters.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 3:08 PM

Quote:

BTW heard from a very good source that Trump will be making a big announcement today in regards to his building on Poydras... think height in the four digits!!!!
Haha I smell April Fools!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.O.L.A. View Post
Haha I smell April Fools!
Good call...I was getting my hopes up too!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:42 PM

Last edited by djlx2v2; Apr 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
Isn't Southern Electronics in the LSU teaching hospital footprint? Is the post on bidclerk indicative of them moving and renovating a new location or renovation of the existing?
The bid says they are renovating in an existing retail development. They aren't giving clues to where. They may have an idea of the size they are after but no real location yet and are just entertaining bids to get a handle on the cost.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 6:57 PM

Quote:
I know better than that... but seriously, non-April Fools... a few weeks ago I did find out that a developer was seriously sitting down with Mayor Landrieu to talk about the WTC site. I say the site, not the building, because they want to tear it down in order to build a new 1000 room hotel.

Could be up to a 1000 rooms... could also be mixed use. I'd rather see mixed use.

Apparently, financing isn't a problem for the project. The labor unions are hungry for some commercial construction work, so just as it was with the Loews and Harrah's Hotels, they see it as a good investment opportunity to back the projects with their pension funds.

I know this was a horrible day to mention it, but after the kick in the teeth about Trump I figured I could offer a bit of good news. BTW, there is no specific timeline for this one, but I would venture to say they'd like it to open, or at least have the majority standing by Super Bowl.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2011, 8:42 PM
TL;DR

Crescent Park Construction

Pre-Construction: Remediation of Lead Paint at Mandeville Wharf

They're also driving piles further down in the Bywater at Piety Wharf.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 3:08 AM

So happy to see the riverfront park finally moving forward. Will be a great asset to the Bywater.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 3:18 AM

Last edited by djlx2v2; Apr 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 3:24 AM

Last edited by djlx2v2; Apr 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 4:52 AM
on the south side

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlx2v2 View Post
Wow, that's great! The WTC site could use something nice like a mixed-use hotel, especially after all that drama with the mosque thing. I certainly hope it is a safe investment, I know a lot of New Yorkers are hungry for work but granted the economy has made the reality of backing behind investments just look dubious sometimes.

??????

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations