HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 12:43 AM

505 Courtland, 126 Renaissance, Emory Winship tower

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 5:40 PM

Nice update! đź‘Ť Excited for the new activity these projects will bring to the area.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 5:00 AM

Halidom On Moreland - 1341 Moreland Ave

I'm not sure if this project has been mention on SSP but construction is well underway. The project will include a 55,000 SF headquarters building for IST Management Services.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tsw-d...916700160-Lr3g

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 5:11 PM

That's not at all what one would expect to be built at this time on that stretch of Moreland.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 5:44 PM

I was shocked at first sight. It's right along the street also! It is transforming the entire feel of that section of Moreland.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
That's not at all what one would expect to be built at this time on that stretch of Moreland.
Is that a good or bad thing?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
Is that a good or bad thing?
I don't think it's a bad thing at all. It's just in the middle of a bunch of auto repair shops, a storage facility and a 70's era Piggly Wiggly. It's a caliber of development that exceeds expectations considering what's around it.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
I don't think it's a bad thing at all. It's just in the middle of a bunch of auto repair shops, a storage facility and a 70's era Piggly Wiggly. It's a caliber of development that exceeds expectations considering what's around it.
It's very typical of the city though. They tend to build these islands of really nice developments that do not connect to anything...with no rhyme or reason. Walkability be damned.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 3:47 AM

Quote:
It's very typical of the city though. They tend to build these islands of really nice developments that do not connect to anything...with no rhyme or reason. Walkability be damned.
That area along and just east & west of that stretch of Moreland has been transforming for a while now. IIRC, right across the street there’s a proposal for something like 100 townhomes. Will try to find the article and link it here. Actually that is happening in just below the Westside Trail near The Met along Metropolitan, not Moreland. But there are hundreds of new homes within .5mi or so of this Moreland Ave site. I’ve driven through each of the last few times I’ve visited Atlanta and it continues to show promise. Plus it is close to the future Beltline Southside Trail. I look at this as another step in a positive direction, that the value of the land that these longstanding auto repair shops, old PigglyWiggly etc. sit on becomes too good not to sell to developers who are sure to come knocking. And the transformation can and will continue. That’s my take. Let’s hope I’m right.

ATLotb

Last edited by ATLonthebrain; Feb 18, 2021 at 4:05 AM.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 1:57 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
That area along and just east & west of that stretch of Moreland has been transforming for a while now. IIRC, right across the street there’s a proposal for something like 100 townhomes. Will try to find the article and link it here. Actually that is happening in just below the Westside Trail near The Met along Metropolitan, not Moreland. But there are hundreds of new homes within .5mi or so of this Moreland Ave site. I’ve driven through each of the last few times I’ve visited Atlanta and it continues to show promise. Plus it is close to the future Beltline Southside Trail. I look at this as another step in a positive direction, that the value of the land that these longstanding auto repair shops, old PigglyWiggly etc. sit on becomes too good not to sell to developers who are sure to come knocking. And the transformation can and will continue. That’s my take. Let’s hope I’m right.

ATLotb
Yes...the whole stretch from Little 5 through EAV and down to this area is undergoing rapid change. The realignment of Glenwood at Moreland is in progress and the Masonic Lodge development at the SW corner of that intersection will get underway soon. The Flat Shoals/Glenwood intersection vicinity is buzzing with activity, although many in the neighborhood decry all of it.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 2:01 PM

I live off Moreland near here, and the change is real. Townhomes, new restaurants opening, Glenwood interchange improvements, and overall development has really popped off the past year due to southside trail.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 2:21 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
I live off Moreland near here, and the change is real. Townhomes, new restaurants opening, Glenwood interchange improvements, and overall development has really popped off the past year due to southside trail.
Hi neighbor. I live on Braeburn Dr. about a half mile SE of the Glenwood/Flat Shoals intersection.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post

ATLotb

Here's hoping....

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
We would LOVE to see pics of the area.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Here's hoping....
Yes, indeed. I know we all are hoping for good, solid planning, investment, and development in many of these neighborhoods that are warming up or are flat out hot. So much potential.

ATLotb

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 8:09 PM

Quote:
NYC wasn't built in a day. You'd be surprised how much of the development especially north of Midtown was patchworky.

Atlanta isn't going to go from suburban-esque city to dense urban city with a widespread urban fabric in 5 years.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
NYC wasn't built in a day. You'd be surprised how much of the development especially north of Midtown was patchworky.

Atlanta isn't going to go from suburban-esque city to dense urban city with a widespread urban fabric in 5 years.
Well, actually, the urbanization of Atlanta is happening quite rapidly. The city is very lucky to be in a position to leverage its growth in a more efficient and sustainable way. It's really fun to watch and experience.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Well, actually, the urbanization of Atlanta is happening quite rapidly. The city is very lucky to be in a position to leverage its growth in a more efficient and sustainable way. It's really fun to watch and experience.
I was just thinking today, I believe Atlanta city proper grew a little over 10,000 people in 2019 (2%). This means the city has to deliver 30 large apartment buildings a year to keep up with demand (assuming 300 apartments per building). It might be the city could actually grow faster if a higher pace of building were to occur. Does anyone know our vacancy rate of new builds?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 5:10 AM

Margaritaville

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 8:20 PM

Ascent Peachtree

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta