HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 22, 2014, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower View Post
also, should we start a separate thread for the relocation of two liberty place?
Let's wait until the formal announcement (supposed to be a week from this Tuesday).

Old Posted Mar 22, 2014, 2:06 PM

^ Forget about the Two Liberty Place move--that's old news and the upcoming announcement is just a formality.

What's more exciting is the rumor that a Disney Quest will be built in its place.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 3:11 AM

CDR submission for this project. Not much new information. Has the new renderings though and confirms the height at 35 floors at 479 feet:

http://www.phila.gov/CityPlanning/pr...209%202014.pdf

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 2:21 PM

First post updated

Thanks for the link. This one is definitely growing on me. I updated some of the info on the first post, but I'm not sure how to change the thread title to accurately reflect 35 floors. Mods?

By the way summersm, where did you see 479 ft in the document you posted? I can't seem to find anything other than the original 429 ft, although I would love to see a height increase!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
Thanks for the link. This one is definitely growing on me. I updated some of the info on the first post, but I'm not sure how to change the thread title to accurately reflect 35 floors. Mods?

By the way summersm, where did you see 479 ft in the document you posted? I can't seem to find anything other than the original 429 ft, although I would love to see a height increase!
479 would only be a few feet shorter than the St James

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 3:08 PM

Quote:

I meant 429 feet! That was a typo! Sorry!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I meant 429 feet! That was a typo! Sorry!
Or wishful thinking.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 4:25 PM

This passed Civic Design Review last week:

http://blog.philadelphiarealestate.c...ns/#more-21859

Quote:
After the brief discussion and recommendations, the CDR committee voted to approve the recommendations without requiring the project to return to CDR, thus allowing it to get approval from the whole Planning Commission and that conditional permit from L&I. After those approvals, construction would be able to proceed, although the developers weren’t able to offer a timeline for construction just yet.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 5:44 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the rendering released are horrible quality? They are too dark with this sunset look and do not give good views of any sort of detail. I mean look down market street in the first render, it looks like a dark tunnel. I suppose if they are just trying to blend in, they are doing a good job...

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 6:30 PM

Honestly when the plan and the renderings came out on this building I thought it was a pipe dream and it was not going to progress. I am really surprised in a good way that they are quite serious about this.

This will have huge impact in many ways for Market East. It would be apart of the turn around, great location for transportation and have quite the impact on the skyline at 429 ft.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Pure Philly View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the rendering released are horrible quality? They are too dark with this sunset look and do not give good views of any sort of detail. I mean look down market street in the first render, it looks like a dark tunnel. I suppose if they are just trying to blend in, they are doing a good job...
It's hard to tell with the second set of renderings since all we ever see are someone's photo of a printout of them. Could have been a crappy quality cell phone camera. The first set of renderings was pretty bad though. Both in terms of the quality of the rendering itself and the design of the building. I'm okay with the redesign. It may not be groundbreaking architecturally, but it will add a whole bunch of residents to 8th & Market which is a huge plus given the transit node here and the fact that this will have about 5 parking spots. You've got to believe that this will add a lot of life to that stretch of market East. At 429 feet it should also have an impact on the skyline in that location.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 1:22 PM

Quote:
It's hard to tell with the second set of renderings since all we ever see are someone's photo of a printout of them. Could have been a crappy quality cell phone camera. The first set of renderings was pretty bad though. Both in terms of the quality of the rendering itself and the design of the building. I'm okay with the redesign. It may not be groundbreaking architecturally, but it will add a whole bunch of residents to 8th & Market which is a huge plus given the transit node here and the fact that this will have about 5 parking spots. You've got to believe that this will add a lot of life to that stretch of market East. At 429 feet it should also have an impact on the skyline in that location.
In regards to parking, its good that they are not adding any, but the PPA home office is located within this building and they have a garage for public use across across the "alley" known as Filbert.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 7:44 PM

New article about the tower

Here's a new article about the Mellon Independence Center Tower:

http://philadelphiaheights.wordpress...o-market-east/

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 4:02 AM

render from philadelphiaheights

I like the two-storey loft units look of this building.

Old Posted May 11, 2014, 9:42 PM
Chairman

Why are all those extra buildings added in the background? I have seen this with other proposals from other cities. I find it annoying.

Two Prudential in Chicago and General Mills in Minneapolis along with others I am not familiar with are towards the left. There is also an unknown on the right.

-sb

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Why are all those extra buildings added in the background? I have seen this with other proposals from other cities. I find it annoying.

Two Prudential in Chicago and General Mills in Minneapolis along with others I am not familiar with are towards the left. There is also an unknown on the right.
I immediately noticed this. Also, this makes Philadelphia look like a videogame.

Which is pretty cool. But still.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 3:37 PM

http://planphilly.com/articles/2014/...e-digital-sign

Big digital sign - wrap around - approved for Lit Bros building.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2014, 1:50 PM
Chairman

Excellent. This should provide a little more pizzaz to the street corner.

-sb

Old Posted Jun 21, 2014, 1:56 PM
Mr. Technology

A pretty good location to compliment St. James.
Come on guys, Market east is prime for skyscrapers!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 6:46 PM

Signage

Just spoke with somebody earlier this week about the new signage. They told me it will be launching Dec 1st. It will definitely liven up that corner.

Link to their promo video for it here: http://streaming.a2amedia.net/Stream...LMICANNA1.html

Last edited by Groundhog; Aug 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive